Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are these kids so poor that they can be scouted at these high end DA showcases then?
    They are not. The DA PGs are sold the dream that another season will make them better players. Many of the PGs won't even stay the whole year.

Comment

Taking kids from different parts of the world, many who come from poor countries, and giving them an opportunity to play soccer at a high level and provide a good education in the hopes of earning a college scholarship. Wow, that's really embarrassing. Downright shameful. Not every kid grows up with a Range Rover and a BMW in the driveway. I definitely agree they should be playing in Class A, but they schedule some of the best prep and public schools in the country every year and go to multiple showcases with the goal of getting as many of their kids playing college soccer as they can. Sickening, for sure.
      Yeah, so the South Kent coach is doing this as a service to under-privileged kids from around the world? Are you really that naive, or think the rest of the world is? The joke's in your hand, pal. One and done. How's that for selling out? Shame on you.

Comment

Yeah, so the South Kent coach is doing this as a service to under-privileged kids from around the world? Are you really that naive, or think the rest of the world is? The joke's in your hand, pal. One and done. How's that for selling out? Shame on you.
        He's doing the Lords work

Comment

Why hate on South Kent? They have a model that other schools don't have. If it's not for your son, don't have them go there.

By all accounts the players love the coach. Yes, using soccer to get into/pay for college is a primary goal of the program. I know a boy who just started there. He's passionate about soccer, not a great student, and his family has very modest means. Making soccer a big piece of that boy's high school experience, and having a super well connected coach, makes sense for that family and young man.

I've sat in the stands for some South Kent regular games, along with D1 coaches that flew up for the afternoon to watch.

The school is not for everyone, but no school is. They do a great job at what they set out to do.

Comment

Why hate on South Kent? They have a model that other schools don't have. If it's not for your son, don't have them go there.

By all accounts the players love the coach. Yes, using soccer to get into/pay for college is a primary goal of the program. I know a boy who just started there. He's passionate about soccer, not a great student, and his family has very modest means. Making soccer a big piece of that boy's high school experience, and having a super well connected coach, makes sense for that family and young man.

I've sat in the stands for some South Kent regular games, along with D1 coaches that flew up for the afternoon to watch.

The school is not for everyone, but no school is. They do a great job at what they set out to do.
            You know someone who just started there, LOL. Give it time. He will see promises go unfulfilled. He will see PGs recruited to take his position

No the players don't love the coach ... they put up with him because of his connections

Your friends son better work on his academics. He will never cut it in college without it.

Comment

You know someone who just started there, LOL. Give it time. He will see promises go unfulfilled. He will see PGs recruited to take his position

No the players don't love the coach ... they put up with him because of his connections

Your friends son better work on his academics. He will never cut it in college without it.
              Does your son go there?

This boy will work hard on his academics but he will never be a top student, not every kid is.

He's already been given some great opportunities outside of South Kent, due to the coach recommending him.

Yes, there will be better players than this boy at the school, always.

The school wouldn't be a good fit for my own son, but I do see that it can be a great fit for others. The only reason to have such intimate knowledge of the school AND to be bitter means you have some close connection. Did your son never make the A team? Are you a disgruntled former assistant coach? Whatever, it's a program that works for that school and those kids.

Comment

Does your son go there?

This boy will work hard on his academics but he will never be a top student, not every kid is.

He's already been given some great opportunities outside of South Kent, due to the coach recommending him.

Yes, there will be better players than this boy at the school, always.

The school wouldn't be a good fit for my own son, but I do see that it can be a great fit for others. The only reason to have such intimate knowledge of the school AND to be bitter means you have some close connection. Did your son never make the A team? Are you a disgruntled former assistant coach? Whatever, it's a program that works for that school and those kids.
                Not bitter ... just know the real scoop and not the illusion. There's a difference

PS. You seem awfully passionate about South Kent for someone who is only connected peripherally

Comment

Not bitter ... just know the real scoop and not the illusion. There's a difference

PS. You seem awfully passionate about South Kent for someone who is only connected peripherally
                  I just hate the constant negativity on TS.

I can speak up because my son doesn't go there. I like to keep my anonymity on ts; if I wrote about my son's experience at his school it would be very easy to figure out who I am.

As I said, it's a program that works for that school and those kids. It would not work for another school, or other kids, and that's ok.

Comment

I just hate the constant negativity on TS.

I can speak up because my son doesn't go there. I like to keep my anonymity on ts; if I wrote about my son's experience at his school it would be very easy to figure out who I am.

As I said, it's a program that works for that school and those kids. It would not work for another school, or other kids, and that's ok.
                    It's a program that just works.....for Africans.

Comment

why are they not playing as a Class A school? Playing weak schools in class B only makes them *look* like a good soccer team. However it fools some college coaches so maybe that's why they do it.

Comment

why are they not playing as a Class A school? Playing weak schools in class B only makes them *look* like a good soccer team. However it fools some college coaches so maybe that's why they do it.
                        South Kent plays a very competitive regular season. Playing and beating Class A teams as well as out of region teams.

The NEPSAC tournament placement is all ego and hubris. They absolutely should be playing in Class A

Comment

they only played 7 class a teams this year (compared to BK that played 15). I don't know who else they played but I imagine some of those teams are very good. However if they want to get adequately compared, they should play as a class A and play a similar schedule.

https://wnepssa.wordpress.com/final-2017-rankings/

Comment

they only played 7 class a teams this year (compared to BK that played 15). I don't know who else they played but I imagine some of those teams are very good. However if they want to get adequately compared, they should play as a class A and play a similar schedule.

https://wnepssa.wordpress.com/final-2017-rankings/
                            Yes what you listed were only Wnepssa teams. They also played teams like Kiski, Peddie, Seton Hall, Kirkland which are nationally

Comment

When do the All-ISL teams come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                When do the All-ISL teams come out?
                                They post them late. The kids were informed about all star, all league, all state, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X