Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #5251  
Old 21 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not really!
Did you happen to notice how easy it was to shut down the two leading goal scorers in DA???
#91 didn't even get a shot on goal - Can you say OVER RATED!!!
The MMA boy was trying to play offsides the whole game to see if he could catch the AR napping once and notch a goal (which he did).
I think it is fair to say that Washington Timbers flexed their muscle and showed their dominance!
Now you crazies have all winter long to argue about this...
Reply With Quote
  #5252  
Old 18 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now you crazies have all winter long to argue about this...
Nothing to argue. FC lost plain and simple. If it was a close game, say where the difference was the MMA guy being off sides and making a run with the ball. However, when he has a bad touch and the goalie comes out and slides, getting all ball and kicking the ball 30 yards up the field...but MMA runs into vulnerable goalie on the ground, flops and screams like he will never walk again...until he gets a foul called, and awarded a PK. Then he hops up and is hearty and hale.
Then and only then would there be an argument. The reality is FC is better than the beginning of the season, but still the third best team in DA. They are limited and their defenders are gullible and vulnerable.
Reply With Quote
  #5253  
Old 16 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nothing to argue. FC lost plain and simple. If it was a close game, say where the difference was the MMA guy being off sides and making a run with the ball. However, when he has a bad touch and the goalie comes out and slides, getting all ball and kicking the ball 30 yards up the field...but MMA runs into vulnerable goalie on the ground, flops and screams like he will never walk again...until he gets a foul called, and awarded a PK. Then he hops up and is hearty and hale.
Then and only then would there be an argument. The reality is FC is better than the beginning of the season, but still the third best team in DA. They are limited and their defenders are gullible and vulnerable.
Haha...I watched that game on YouTube and that was one of the worst calls ever. Crossfire dominated FC and came away with a loss thanks to the ref. In fact, I was surprised at the iniquity of the calls. Clyde's carpet, Clyde's refs.

I agree, Washington is the best followed closely by Crossfire. FC is 3rd, CFC 4th, BSC 5th, Westside 6th and Eastside.
Reply With Quote
  #5254  
Old 16 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha...I watched that game on YouTube and that was one of the worst calls ever. Crossfire dominated FC and came away with a loss thanks to the ref. In fact, I was surprised at the iniquity of the calls. Clyde's carpet, Clyde's refs.

I agree, Washington is the best followed closely by Crossfire. FC is 3rd, CFC 4th, BSC 5th, Westside 6th and Eastside.
Thatís funny. It really goes like this:

Washington
FC Portland
Crossfire
Westside
BSC
CFC
Eastside
Reply With Quote
  #5255  
Old 15 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha...I watched that game on YouTube and that was one of the worst calls ever. Crossfire dominated FC and came away with a loss thanks to the ref. In fact, I was surprised at the iniquity of the calls. Clyde's carpet, Clyde's refs.

I agree, Washington is the best followed closely by Crossfire. FC is 3rd, CFC 4th, BSC 5th, Westside 6th and Eastside.
There seem to be four tiers:

1) Washington.

2) FC and Crossfire.

3) Westside, CFC, and perhaps BSC. Though WT is 2-0-1 against the other two.

4) Eastside is in a class by itself.

And it's "Charlie's carpet", or if you prefer, "Clive's carpet". I don't know who "Clyde" might be, other than a couple of basketball players of note, one of which played for the Trail Blazers back when I was a youngster.
Reply With Quote
  #5256  
Old 15 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thatís funny. It really goes like this:

Washington
FC Portland
Crossfire
Westside
BSC
CFC
Eastside
You are 0-2 against Washington and 1-1 with Xfire. Oh, and you were waxed by Santa Rosa in San Diego 0-3, and Xfire tied them 1-1. If you need the validation of being 2nd to a team that housed you, sure thing. At the nd of Spring when you are sitting 3rd or 4th, please do not make excuses.
Reply With Quote
  #5257  
Old 10 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Some burning questions for Spring:

1) who will be first Oregon da team to beat WashT?

2) who will be first to lose to Eastside?

3) who will be first DA player sent off?

4) which team will improve the most in Spring compared to fall?

5) who will win oysa state cup?
Reply With Quote
  #5258  
Old 9 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This unloading the bench story for FC is hilarious!
WT FC also unloads its bench every half of every gane. One kid didnít play much as he was injured and did not practice last week. Other than that they unloaded the bench. You guys are hilarious!
Don't discount the impact of the benches, seems as though some teams mix up line ups and starters (even sitting their top players for entire halfs) more than others. As a washingtontimbers parent I know that happened when we played crossfire and then said player came in and changed the game in second half and scored the equalizer
Reply With Quote
  #5259  
Old 9 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't discount the impact of the benches, seems as though some teams mix up line ups and starters (even sitting their top players for entire halfs) more than others. As a washingtontimbers parent I know that happened when we played crossfire and then said player came in and changed the game in second half and scored the equalizer
This is kinda what the da is for. Training and development of all players, not just the top few on the roster
Reply With Quote
  #5260  
Old 8 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is kinda what the da is for. Training and development of all players, not just the top few on the roster
I am sure that more than a few players have not missed a minute on some teams
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.