Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

There is no evidence that 9 year olds playing soccer contributes to Covid.
    Shocking I know but there are U19 leagues within Club soccer. And yes, an athletic teen aged boy did pass away from Covid-19 here in this state. As much as we'd like to pretend there is no risk that's simply not true.

And no, the ECNL or Surf studies do not show anything. They are relying on voluntary submission of information. Horrible science.

Comment

Shocking I know but there are U19 leagues within Club soccer. And yes, an athletic teen aged boy did pass away from Covid-19 here in this state. As much as we'd like to pretend there is no risk that's simply not true.

And no, the ECNL or Surf studies do not show anything. They are relying on voluntary submission of information. Horrible science.
      BuT iNsLeE iS a DiCtAtOr

Comment

This.

Comment

What is your PhD in?

Comment

What is your PhD in?
            Just like Inslee. No amount of a data is good enough. They will keep moving the goalposts until full compliance is accomplished.

Comment

Big difference between practices (which are managed and the responsibility of the clubs) and games which are the responsibility of the State. The next poster provided the support for this very clearly when they say there is no reason why they should be traveling to Spokane or Idaho but they can play local....it's a state league and you travel to other state clubs who have earned the right to play in that division via pro/rel or you don't play. Schedules are initially set by the state but can be changed by each individual team so they already do allow flexibility If I were Spokane or CDA I would have no problem scheduling all of our home games for November and December. Sucks for Seattleites making that trip over the pass at that time though.

But, at the end of the day either it's safe to play kid's soccer or it isn't. For me, what I hear is if you have to travel to Spokane and someone gets sick then the state is going to be blamed for it.....that's the reason we aren't playing yet. So don't tell me that the potential for litigation isn't there.

And, by the way, I also think it's ok to start playing games right now...but I understand why a business wouldn't be anxious to expose themselves to going bankrupt via lawsuits (which they don't have to lose - just fight) and soccer is a business.
              WYS games aren’t the responsibility of the state. They are the responsibility of an association.

The risk litigation is already there, games don’t need to be played. The biggest risk for clubs and the association has nothing to do with players and parents, it’s actually employees.

For city and state, the risk is in the availability of fields, again a risk already taken.

Sorry, although we appear to be on the same side of this argument, to say litigation is the issue is completely false and only undermines the real issue at hand.

Comment

Sports are inherently risky. If the risk is too great for you, don’t have your children play.

Comment

Sports are inherently risky. If the risk is too great for you, don’t have your children play.
                  Don’t be obtuse. No level of restrictions and caution are good enough until they force their beliefs upon your family.

Comment

Don’t be obtuse. No level of restrictions and caution are good enough until they force their beliefs upon your family.
                    You are ignorant.

Crawl under a rock. The season is about to start, and my guess is that we will see all you hypocrites on the field.

Because in the end this wasn’t about poor little Johnny or Johnny’s 95 year old grandma.

Comment

You are ignorant.

Crawl under a rock. The season is about to start, and my guess is that we will see all you hypocrites on the field.

Because in the end this wasn’t about poor little Johnny or Johnny’s 95 year old grandma.
                      Is crawl under a rock the colloquialism du jour in Moscow these days? I don't think it translates to English as well as you'd like, comrade.

Comment

You are ignorant.

I’d say you are the ignorant one since I was actually agreeing with you. Triggered much?

Comment

I’d say you are the ignorant one since I was actually agreeing with you. Triggered much?
                          Understanding is hard when English is your second language. Covid - это подделка, давайте снова заставим детей играть!

Comment

nope, but can’t say as much for your mom...

Comment

Mom jokes...haven’t heard that one since 7th grade...

Comment

Mom jokes...haven’t heard that one since 7th grade...
                                Guessing that's about the time the poster threw in the towel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X