Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes check out Aztecs.

SUSC (old GPS) is a money pit. They don't have enough coaches, limited on fields, poor communication, and over prized for what they provide. In some cases they have over-sized team rosters. Do you homework before I end up wasting your money and your kids development opportunity.

I am sure one of their staff is going to claim I am trolling but they do the troll rebuttals with their canned messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes check out Aztecs.

SUSC (old GPS) is a money pit. They don't have enough coaches, limited on fields, poor communication, and over prized for what they provide. In some cases they have over-sized team rosters. Do you homework before I end up wasting your money and your kids development opportunity.

I am sure one of their staff is going to claim I am trolling but they do the troll rebuttals with their canned messages.

I have to agree with this post. I cant wait to read their response. :-)

Comment

I see lots of kids playing both travel and club. It usually comes down to the flexibility of the travel coach since the club is the primary team. I'm guessing more so this upcoming season than ever.
        Agree fully with this post. All of the girls on my Ds club team play town as well. Club is the priority when conflicts arise but it is not really an issue.

Comment

I have to agree with this post. I cant wait to read their response. :-)
          haha. This is going to get ugly. On the flip side, I am hoping that one day not in the distance future, they fix what they have been plagued for years. I do agree wit the money as it was pointed out in a separate post.

Comment

Yes check out Aztecs.

Everyone's experience will vary, but we have been very happy since moving to SUSC 4 years ago. I won't speak from the boys side, as we have a daughter, but find the communication and training excellent.

We've never had a coaching or field problem and never heard of it. Maybe it does as some of the lower (I don't like using that word, but not sure what else to term it) teams, but we have dedicated coaches and never have a field problem?

No, not a coach or part of their staff. Just a parent who rates the experience as a positive. To the OP, I encourage you to talk to clubs. I think you've got some feedback to get your plan started and go from there. Good luck.

Comment

Yes check out Aztecs.

Before listening to this absolute “chump” check out their post on Seacoast being a “money pit” because they had to buy a uniform along with making payments on a payment plan they set up themselves. Idiot

Comment

haha. IF SUSC was serious about player development, particularly the academy, they would not lose players to other academies. Other players that remain including NPL and NEP are hurt the most. As for lack of coaches, we had a goalie coach show up to our first practice. No one knows where the head coach was. No email. Nothing and not surprised.

Comment

haha. IF SUSC was serious about player development, particularly the academy, they would not lose players to other academies. Other players that remain including NPL and NEP are hurt the most. As for lack of coaches, we had a goalie coach show up to our first practice. No one knows where the head coach was. No email. Nothing and not surprised.
                  Actually, it's a credit to them that they allow players to move into a better situation. Pretty common throughout the soccer world. No reason to try to hold players back.

Again, maybe that's the case on some of the "other" teams but we've never had a coach not show up; or if they had a conflict it was covered by a more than capable peer (i.e. the girls director or academy director led the session).

Comment

I have had my kids middle school soccer and I have to say its painful to watch. SUSC was better but when you consider the thousands of dollars spent, you have to ask yourself? Why are we spending so much money?

Good luck

JP

Comment

I have had my kids middle school soccer and I have to say its painful to watch. SUSC was better but when you consider the thousands of dollars spent, you have to ask yourself? Why are we spending so much money?

Good luck

JP
                      Very true. That's what I love about this game...there is a level (and competition and cost and commitment) to meet everyone's needs. Everyone should look at what they want, can spend in dollars and time, and pick the right solution. There isn't a single club or team that will work for everyone.

No matter the choice, I discourage anyone from looking at doing this from an ROI perspective; you will be sorely disappointed.

Comment

Before listening to this absolute “chump” check out their post on Seacoast being a “money pit” because they had to buy a uniform along with making payments on a payment plan they set up themselves. Idiot
                        Agreed.

Comment

“IF SUSC was serious about player development, particularly the academy, they would not lose players to other academies. “ Probably the most ignorant thing I’ve read in a while. And of course incorrect on many levels.

Are you referring to what players in particular leaving SUSC academy? The U16 boys? Ha ha. The two boys who left to go to the Revs - and several players came from OTHER academies (Revs and yep others) came TO Seacoast. The u16 DA team is STRONGER than it was last year! Hmm. What are you talking then. Can you be more specific ?

What is it that you know about “player development”. SUSC is extremely interested in player development. But unfortunately some players are only going to develop so far. That’s why they are playing NEP levels and some kids never move further along than NPL. And those players are being developed within those levels - I know this first hand. Seacoast is constantly identifying and promoting players to challenge them - and developing those player to their highest possible abilities. I have seen it time and time again - and of course my child is the recipient of this. Unfortunately, many parents get upset when their kids aren’t given the nod, give chances to train up, given an opportunity to play at an older level when they’ve progressed omg in their own age group.

Look at the latest issue of New England soccer journal for a good indication of where other academies are placing players in college. Then look at Seacoast’s. Then post back here what you see!

Comment

Very true. That's what I love about this game...there is a level (and competition and cost and commitment) to meet everyone's needs. Everyone should look at what they want, can spend in dollars and time, and pick the right solution. There isn't a single club or team that will work for everyone.

No matter the choice, I discourage anyone from looking at doing this from an ROI perspective; you will be sorely disappointed.
                            Couldn’t agree more with this. ROi. What an idiotic statement. What do you do for enjoyment and recreation that is a ROI? People need to think a little more before they hit send!

Comment

Couldn’t agree more with this. ROi. What an idiotic statement. What do you do for enjoyment and recreation that is a ROI? People need to think a little more before they hit send!
                              Easy there big fella'. Sadly, many go into this journey for just such a wrong reason.

Comment

I was told from the director that academy is about building teams not developed players. That’s when we left.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X