Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our experience was not good. Private training is much better imo.
    Don’t think many people do odp anymore? I thought it was gone years ago?

Comment

Do you really not know the back story?

He and MS are OYSA front office flunkies that were exported to Peregrine when GW gutted the OYSA office to the bone and left it a bare shell without even welcome mat left at the front office door...

GW took nearly every revenue stream from the OYSA; leagues, Cups & ODP (RTC) and funneled those dollars to Peregrine. Do your really think for a second an MLS franchise would be willing to pay salaries to former OYSA staff for their talents? Only if they had OYSA monies to cover it, which they do.. (EL big job is to run the money grab kiddo camps each summer for Timbers/Thorns)

The ODP sucked when he ran it for the OYSA and now it's a revenue factory of rtc attendees sticking cash in peregrine's bank and even more diluted and comical.

RCTD....my ass.
      More of this please...

Comment

Looks like OYSA/the Timbers/whoever finally realized the obvious, that having hundreds of kids in the prison yard this coming weekend is Not A Good Idea. ODP tryouts are now moved to November.

RTC, on the other hand, seems to be continuing as scheduled--given the pool structure of that, they seem to have less Covid concerns. Though for the 08s, all the metro area kids are in one big pool.

Assuming there is soccer after the first of the year--perhaps enough geezers going to Sturgis get sick, and the rat-lickers finally decide that wearing masks is not a Communist plot, and we can get back to sort-of-normal, one wonders how OYSA league play, whatever tournaments, HS soccer, ODP/RTC activities, and whatever else will fit in.
        ODP?
        This is still around?
        If you want to support PTFC just cut them a check and save your time.

Comment

Don’t think many people do odp anymore? I thought it was gone years ago?
          I don’t know any good players that do it. Buy a jersey instead if you want to give cash to the Timbers.

Comment

The good players have been restricted due to leagues or teams they were one
            Those restrictions don’t exist this year

Comment

The good players have been restricted due to leagues or teams they were one
              Those restrictions don’t exist this year
              Don't worry - you're kid's not good enough anyway.

Comment

Don't worry - you're kid's not good enough anyway.
                Don’t worry anonymous poster, my son and his teammates have already been told they will be on it.

Comment

I don’t know any good players that do it. Buy a jersey instead if you want to give cash to the Timbers.
                  I was surprised odp was still a thing.

Timbers probably need the dough since they aren’t able to sell overpriced jerseys, beer and hot dogs on game day.

That’s the only reason I can come up for them still doing it.

Comment

for discovery kids RTC/ ODP is free by the way.

Comment

Shhhh
                      It was fun watching the bitter folks not actually in the know complain and make up things they have no clue about

Comment

Given the quality of coaching it damn well better be free. Nobody is willing to pay for this daycare event.

Comment

I was surprised odp was still a thing.

Timbers probably need the dough since they aren’t able to sell overpriced jerseys, beer and hot dogs on game day.

That’s the only reason I can come up for them still doing it.
                          It’s cheaper than daycare and I can drop the brat off and get a couple hours of sleep in the car. That’s worth it to me.

Comment

It’s cheaper than daycare and I can drop the brat off and get a couple hours of sleep in the car. That’s worth it to me.
                            Just like the time you dropped em off in Oconee County to witness the dueling banjos on the front porch of a remote cabin. It's a bargain & it matches your needs.

Discovery for sure.

Comment

Given the quality of coaching it damn well better be free. Nobody is willing to pay for this daycare event.
                              Do you really think anyone is there for coaching? Random coach who does not know your kid and gets limited time coaching them before AZ tourney and Friendship Cup? Come on. This was never about the coaching nor should it be frankly. The only way ODP makes sense is if you have an elite kid and all the elite kids do this. Then the training makes sense Not because of the coaching, but for the training opportunity with top players together.

ODP in OR is handicapped because it is affiliated with the Timbers and everyone goes boo. Now that the DA is gone the only players hurt by not understanding ODP is where scouts are going to flock again across the nation are stupid Oregonian parents who are living in these past several years experience, handicapped by preconceived notions and think ODP is about the coaching.

I agree ODP was a babysitter’s paradise before and my elite kid never did it. Not enough concentration of top kids were doing it locally and regionally. But take a look Pre-DA, top players DID this and they will again now. Earning a spot at ODP regional camp will be more coveted than ever next summer. It will be sad if takes Oregon players 2-3 years to get past the past, when the rest of the nation is getting this transformational change right now.

Comment

Do you really think anyone is there for coaching? Random coach who does not know your kid and gets limited time coaching them before AZ tourney and Friendship Cup? Come on. This was never about the coaching nor should it be frankly. The only way ODP makes sense is if you have an elite kid and all the elite kids do this. Then the training makes sense Not because of the coaching, but for the training opportunity with top players together.

ODP in OR is handicapped because it is affiliated with the Timbers and everyone goes boo. Now that the DA is gone the only players hurt by not understanding ODP is where scouts are going to flock again across the nation are stupid Oregonian parents who are living in these past several years experience, handicapped by preconceived notions and think ODP is about the coaching.

I agree ODP was a babysitter’s paradise before and my elite kid never did it. Not enough concentration of top kids were doing it locally and regionally. But take a look Pre-DA, top players DID this and they will again now. Earning a spot at ODP regional camp will be more coveted than ever next summer. It will be sad if takes Oregon players 2-3 years to get past the past, when the rest of the nation is getting this transformational change right now.
                                Agree with much of what you said. The Timbers have been super disorganized and lacking in professionalism for the 077/08 group and I think this will have some affect on who ends up trying out for ODP, TA, etc in the future. They really were terrible in the Discovery Program and the way the cast aside the 07's was inexcusable. My son loved competing with other players who were, in general, better than his club kids.... But he likes his coach and didn't build a relationship with the TA coaches. Overall, he wants to stay with his club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X