Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP Tryouts delayed to November

Looks like OYSA/the Timbers/whoever finally realized the obvious, that having hundreds of kids in the prison yard this coming weekend is Not A Good Idea. ODP tryouts are now moved to November.

RTC, on the other hand, seems to be continuing as scheduled--given the pool structure of that, they seem to have less Covid concerns. Though for the 08s, all the metro area kids are in one big pool.

Assuming there is soccer after the first of the year--perhaps enough geezers going to Sturgis get sick, and the rat-lickers finally decide that wearing masks is not a Communist plot, and we can get back to sort-of-normal, one wonders how OYSA league play, whatever tournaments, HS soccer, ODP/RTC activities, and whatever else will fit in.

This is last weeks news

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This is last weeks news
      Perhaps... but while my inbox got lotsa spam about tryouts next weekend back in July, Erik Lyslo for some reason didn't sent out emails about the deferral to November.

Comment

Perhaps... but while my inbox got lotsa spam about tryouts next weekend back in July, Erik Lyslo for some reason didn't sent out emails about the deferral to November.
        What do you expect? Erik Lyslo only works when he wants the to cash flow in... Even then it's half assed at best. Timbers need to clean house if they want their youth programs to succeed beyond this cycle. It's been a copy/paste job the past 5-6yrs now...

Comment

ODP hasn't been good for years and years. There are MUCH better things you can do with your time.

Comment

What do you expect? Erik Lyslo only works when he wants the to cash flow in... Even then it's half assed at best. Timbers need to clean house if they want their youth programs to succeed beyond this cycle. It's been a copy/paste job the past 5-6yrs now...
            Do you really not know the back story?

He and MS are OYSA front office flunkies that were exported to Peregrine when GW gutted the OYSA office to the bone and left it a bare shell without even welcome mat left at the front office door...

GW took nearly every revenue stream from the OYSA; leagues, Cups & ODP (RTC) and funneled those dollars to Peregrine. Do your really think for a second an MLS franchise would be willing to pay salaries to former OYSA staff for their talents? Only if they had OYSA monies to cover it, which they do.. (EL big job is to run the money grab kiddo camps each summer for Timbers/Thorns)

The ODP sucked when he ran it for the OYSA and now it's a revenue factory of rtc attendees sticking cash in peregrine's bank and even more diluted and comical.

RCTD....my ass.

Comment

Looks like OYSA/the Timbers/whoever finally realized the obvious, that having hundreds of kids in the prison yard this coming weekend is Not A Good Idea. ODP tryouts are now moved to November.

RTC, on the other hand, seems to be continuing as scheduled--given the pool structure of that, they seem to have less Covid concerns. Though for the 08s, all the metro area kids are in one big pool.

Assuming there is soccer after the first of the year--perhaps enough geezers going to Sturgis get sick, and the rat-lickers finally decide that wearing masks is not a Communist plot, and we can get back to sort-of-normal, one wonders how OYSA league play, whatever tournaments, HS soccer, ODP/RTC activities, and whatever else will fit in.
              ODP is still a thing??

Comment

ODP hasn't been good for years and years. There are MUCH better things you can do with your time.
                You can do better finding a rec coach that knows what he is doing. Our experience was poor with ODP. Not good training in my opinion and coach seemed fully disinterested. Probably just needed a side gig to pay for the insurance on his lowered 1998 Honda Accord.

Comment

It’s going to be academy and discovery kids anyways

Comment

You can do better finding a rec coach that knows what he is doing. Our experience was poor with ODP. Not good training in my opinion and coach seemed fully disinterested. Probably just needed a side gig to pay for the insurance on his lowered 1998 Honda Accord.
                    Come on. Many coaches are barely scraping by. Shaming someone for driving a 22 year old car is not mature.

I don’t think it’s a good program but I’m not resorting to shaming.

Comment

It’s going to be academy and discovery kids anyways
                      You are naive and old news. Now that the DA is gone, the rest of the country’s ODP programs are being stalked with the best of the best again regardless of club across their states. Go check soccer blogs in other states if you don’t believe me. OR players are burdened with the memory that ODP was a pathway to Thorns, but it is not publicized that way anymore and it simply cannot be. Is it a bummer that it is not run by an unaffiliated organization, like in most states? Yes. ODP affiliation with Timbers/Thorns has, rightly so, resulted in distrust from other club players in the past. But those times are over. Stop living in the past. The best of the best are once again descending on ODP as a pathway for player ID and recruiting via ODP tourneys and regional camp will be a very high priority next year if the kids can be allowed to play. The only players OR club administrators and parents are hurting by not putting their kids in this new (pre DA) ODP landscape is their players. At this point, who cares who runs it? Get the best kids together in the state, which has not happened in a long time, and it will be worth the training time. And “no” I do not work for Thorns/Timbers staff. Just a parent here who educated myself on the soccer scene here and elsewhere.

Comment

You are naive and old news. Now that the DA is gone, the rest of the country’s ODP programs are being stalked with the best of the best again regardless of club across their states. Go check soccer blogs in other states if you don’t believe me. OR players are burdened with the memory that ODP was a pathway to Thorns, but it is not publicized that way anymore and it simply cannot be. Is it a bummer that it is not run by an unaffiliated organization, like in most states? Yes. ODP affiliation with Timbers/Thorns has, rightly so, resulted in distrust from other club players in the past. But those times are over. Stop living in the past. The best of the best are once again descending on ODP as a pathway for player ID and recruiting via ODP tourneys and regional camp will be a very high priority next year if the kids can be allowed to play. The only players OR club administrators and parents are hurting by not putting their kids in this new (pre DA) ODP landscape is their players. At this point, who cares who runs it? Get the best kids together in the state, which has not happened in a long time, and it will be worth the training time. And “no” I do not work for Thorns/Timbers staff. Just a parent here who educated myself on the soccer scene here and elsewhere.
                        Stop....they will rebrand something new every year to keep parents off of their toes and money in someone else's pocket.

Comment

Same People

The same admin and coaches have been running ODP for years.

The only branding ODP has ever had is Oregon ODP and Timbers/Thorns ODP which is just Oregon ODP with different uniforms, again same people running it.

Comment

I love that this is a long ass reply to my one sentence statement . I was posting that because those kids are able to qualify ODP because they aren’t DA restrictions and not in academy so they qualify to try out.

Comment

Our experience was not good. Private training is much better imo.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X