Girls soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally know an “elite” youth baseball team that went to Idaho for a tournament. Nine of the players returned with a family member infected with Covid 19. Baseball is a much more distanced game than soccer.

A girls AAU basketball tournament that was scheduled this weekend in Boise has been moved to Pocatello because of spike in Boise.

Sounds like even Idaho might not be an option soon (even if you want to risk it).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Personally know an “elite” youth baseball team that went to Idaho for a tournament. Nine of the players returned with a family member infected with Covid 19. Baseball is a much more distanced game than soccer.

A girls AAU basketball tournament that was scheduled this weekend in Boise has been moved to Pocatello because of spike in Boise.

Sounds like even Idaho might not be an option soon (even if you want to risk it).
      Won’t Idaho stay open? They didn’t cancel the tournament, just moved it. If Idaho schools are going back to in class in the fall and doing hs sports, they’ll keep the tournaments going, wont they?

Comment

Saw about 60 HS Football players huddled around the entire coaching staff yesterday in Idaho...they’ll stay open regardless in my opinion.

Comment

2 to 3 years might be aggressive. Plan for 5+ years to be smart. I hope not but I’m trying to be realistic.

Wear the mask. Goggles up. Stay home. We’re all in this together. It’s going to be a long haul.

If I can save one life, it’s all worth it. My kids aren’t happy but I keep reminding them our first responsibility is to others.
          If I have to give up 5 years of my kids lives, that is a small price to pay to keep your elderly relatives alive. Why? Because I am a good and decent person.

Mask up and goggles up. Long sleeves and long pants. Stay home. Protect me and my family. There is nothing out here that you really need.

Comment

If I have to give up 5 years of my kids lives, that is a small price to pay to keep your elderly relatives alive. Why? Because I am a good and decent person.

Mask up and goggles up. Long sleeves and long pants. Stay home. Protect me and my family. There is nothing out here that you really need.
            Make it 10 years. Build a bunker, never leave home. Now I am getting it.

Comment

Personally know several soccer teams that played in Idaho a few weeks ago. Not a single infection reported...by all means though, live in your bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                i'm confused are you agreeing with me? Because yes, people don't have a choice to participate. We all need to show up for work when we required, we'd all like to be able to send our kids back to school without fear of infection, we'd all love to see our kids be able to play in a safe environment.

We all have a right and a need to get out. We all need to do our part and wear a mask. We'll get soccer going again as soon as we get infection rates down. Heading out and acting like our decisions don't have consequences for those around us isn't going to get it done.
                let me be very clear... Dont participate in youth soccer if you don"t want to. You have a *ucking choice

Comment

2 to 3 years might be aggressive. Plan for 5+ years to be smart. I hope not but I’m trying to be realistic.

Wear the mask. Goggles up. Stay home. We’re all in this together. It’s going to be a long haul.

If I can save one life, it’s all worth it. My kids aren’t happy but I keep reminding them our first responsibility is to others.
                  We need to mandate goggles and face shields in addition to masks and rubber gloves. I don't want to see another person running in the park with just a mask. It is infuriating. Wear the googles, gloves and the mask. This is not hard.

Comment

We need to mandate goggles and face shields in addition to masks and rubber gloves. I don't want to see another person running in the park with just a mask. It is infuriating. Wear the googles, gloves and the mask. This is not hard.
                    I forgot to add that I think long sleeves and long pants are equally important to mask, goggles, face shields and gloves.

They don't know for sure if this can get in or out through your skin. Until they know for sure we need to encapsulate it all.

Comment

There are people in the park right now without googles or face shields. They only have flimsy surgical masks on. The ones who are working out are breathing hard and they are the biggest risk to all of us. Could the governor make it mandatory?

Comment

I forgot to add that I think long sleeves and long pants are equally important to mask, goggles, face shields and gloves.

They don't know for sure if this can get in or out through your skin. Until they know for sure we need to encapsulate it all.
                        Goggles, face shield and mask are all wardrobe essentials but I didn't even think about skin as an entry point. I need to be more vigilant. I only go out once a week for groceries but will be ready next time.

When I return from the grocery store I always enter thru the mudroom and strip naked and shower before entering the house to be extra careful and launder all clouting on extra hot two times with a dash of bleach.

Comment

There are people in the park right now without googles or face shields. They only have flimsy surgical masks on. The ones who are working out are breathing hard and they are the biggest risk to all of us. Could the governor make it mandatory?
                          you need to video them and provide to local law enforcement immediately.

Comment

Who would’ve thought...turns out soccer is almost zero risk...
                            http://surfcupsports.com/2020/08/14/...ty-whitepaper/

Comment

Shhhh.....just have to hold off for 2 to 3 years.

Comment

Goggles
                                mask
                                face shields
                                Long sleeves
                                Long pants
                                Rubber bands on wrists and ankles
                                24/7 geared up, even in your home
                                Stay home

This is not difficult people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X