• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Star Post

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "I'm willing to accept the risk of driving drunk"
      This is the reasoning. I am surprised so many think we should just accept the risk of individuals deciding to drive drunk with no penalty.

The main problem is our leader refused to take action like almost all other countries and now those other countries can return to school and sports (carefully) while the virus is out of control needlessly here. So sad how far our great country has fallen.

Comment

This is the reasoning. I am surprised so many think we should just accept the risk of individuals deciding to drive drunk with no penalty.

The main problem is our leader refused to take action like almost all other countries and now those other countries can return to school and sports (carefully) while the virus is out of control needlessly here. So sad how far our great country has fallen.
        With 2 hours left in the reporting "day," we're on the verge of the worst single-day new case count of the entire pandemic.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So much winning.

Comment

The problem is that a lot of the things we are doing to supposedly control the spread of the virus are a lot more like “I’m willing to accept the risk of driving 70 in a 65”
          than “I’m willing to accept the risk of driving drunk,” and that some people here seem to think we should be more like “I’d rather drive 60 or not drive at all because that would reduce the risk of my getting in an accident.”

Comment

Agree. Dont think anyone hear is saying go get on a death tube to play a national tournament in California or Florida and then go visit Grandma and Grandpa in the nursing home. There is certainly a more acceptable risk level of risk. Socially distanced training in small groups? Absolutely. Small sided local games? Probably. Local full sided games? I would say yes. Traveling over the mountains to play in Yakima or Tri-Cities? Not for us.

Comment

With 2 hours left in the reporting "day," we're on the verge of the worst single-day new case count of the entire pandemic.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So much winning.
              Sure hope they put up a Flu counert all winter.

Comment

What is it you libtards like to say

MY BODY MY CHOICE

Comment

What is it you libtards like to say

MY BODY MY CHOICE
                  You’re a very stable genius, aren’t you? Maybe you want to rail against Speed Limits, seatbelt laws, DUI laws, helmet laws and remind all your buddies to never wear a condom because risking passing on an STD is a personal choice.

Comment

Sure hope they put up a Flu counert all winter.
                    While recognizing that you're attempting to be funny (and failiing) I'd like to point out that the CDC and state and local health departments already do that....weekly. And, we are inundated with messages about the necessity for getting flu shots which are designed to stop the spread or flatten the curve. Hey, look at that - a similar approach to virus containment. Funny thing - when you look at the flu deaths and hospitalizations (especially in children) they are largely comprised of people who didn't bother getting a flu shot for various reasons and that is the crux of our issues now. People are told what to do but think they know better and ignore the recommendations or find excuses to justify their lack of participation in efforts to stem the virus spread. History always repeats itself.

Comment

While recognizing that you're attempting to be funny (and failiing) I'd like to point out that the CDC and state and local health departments already do that....weekly. And, we are inundated with messages about the necessity for getting flu shots which are designed to stop the spread or flatten the curve. Hey, look at that - a similar approach to virus containment. Funny thing - when you look at the flu deaths and hospitalizations (especially in children) they are largely comprised of people who didn't bother getting a flu shot for various reasons and that is the crux of our issues now. People are told what to do but think they know better and ignore the recommendations or find excuses to justify their lack of participation in efforts to stem the virus spread. History always repeats itself.
                      True but some still believe that covid19 is just a hoax and the 140k and rising number of American deaths are simple trying to make the prez look bad. Hopefully, they’ll start listening to the epidemiologists and take measures to control the virus like other countries have done. No need to be in the state we’re in now. Sad.

Comment

I think your statement "flu deaths and hospitalizations.. they are comprised of people who didn't bother getting a flu shot" is blatantly false. Do you have any evidence or did you just make that up to support your point?

Comment

I think your statement "flu deaths and hospitalizations.. they are comprised of people who didn't bother getting a flu shot" is blatantly false. Do you have any evidence or did you just make that up to support your point?
                          https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...peds.2016-4244

https://academic.oup.com/jid/article/210/5/674/2908613

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season...-2017-2018.htm

I could keep going - but I’m going to guess you’re going to focus on the “didn’t bother” aspect of my comment. Given that they give them in virtually every drug and grocery store now there is no excuse. And yes, 70-80% is largely comprised.

Apology accepted.

Comment

flu>covid

Comment

Even one death is unacceptable. I am advocating for the governor to shut everything down until Christmas or there are no new cases for a full three week period, which ever comes first.

Neither kids nor parents need soccer football baseball or any of the entertainment activities.

My elderly mother in law has emphysema, diabetes and can't get out of bed due to severe arthritis. She is already on oxygen. Any sort of respiratory ailment would be a death warrant for her.
                              You shouldn’t allow your child to play sports. Concussion, serious injury, and even death occur as a result of playing soccer.

As for your mother, those that are high risk should self isolate. If her condition is that bad, you shouldn’t be seeing her. If you are, you should be isolated yourself.

Comment

The difference being actions that put yourself at risk, versus actions that put others at risk.
                                Again, don’t allow your child to play sports. It’s too risky. They could injure someone else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X