HS Opt Out List

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think this applies to more seasoned officials who do games throughout the season and who file this way.

How likely is it that the older referees will opt to do games? Are they willing to take the risk, especially if the season is shortened and they will get paid without having to do the games?

Compound this with the inability to get more officials patched over the past several months. Could this be what ends up affecting the season more than the virus itself?

Comment

I completely understand for some players, HS is their only outlet to play and I fully support it. But, for others, this mish-mash of glorified scrimmages seems like a waste of time.

Comment

Based on everything that has happened, it would be great for our kids to have a season. Especially those that lost out on a spring sport or club soccer. Just not sure it's going to happen or if it does it will be likely not look anything like a regular season. 8-10 games with no playoffs?

Just recently, from what I saw reported in the media the NHIAA chief seemed to hedge on there actually being a postseason.

1) What will local play and season look like?
        2) Will/should there be JV games, especially if you are putting them on the same bus from a risk perspective? Should they just train and maybe some become "swing" players from week to week?
        3) Will we be able to watch games as parents/grandparents/fans? That would be nice.
        4) Heard a few times over the past month or so that "Open Tournaments" were being considered?

I guess I am just a little surprised that we are 3 weeks out from games and there has been no real update from NHIAA since August 6th.

I tend to agree with the above poster that we should probably just prepare ourselves for this to look radically different. Maybe players just having a little fun and try to keep the development ball moving forward.

Comment

For teams in Southern NH the local travel Will mean the season looks fairly similar, just drop Keene, Hanover, Spaulding.

Our AD sent out a message and tweet that schedules are being built now.

If you are a parent or a kid expecting a normal high school season and playoffs you will be disappointed, just be happy they got a fall playing with their friends

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X