Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Okay, fine if you want to keep Mia wrapped in bubble wrap. Have you watched any D1 womens soccer games? No really, have you watched any D1 womens soccer games? H.S. soccer is a lot like college soccer as far as the physicallity. The girls that come out of ECNL/DA leagues where everything is called often have a hard time transitioning to the college game.

"Playing HS for a player with a real future in the sport is SO counterproductive." Not if your daughter is headed to a Tier 1, D1 program! And if you say my daugther is headed to the WNT where they calll everything, good luck with that!
    As much as I think it is good for girls to play HS if they want to, and yes much of college soccer is not much better. I mean there are what 1000s of college soccer programs they are not all filled by the top talent at the youth level. That being said, top D1 schools are made up by ECNL and now DA players so they certainly can hack it since they are the ones playing

Comment

The problem here is that, apparently, no one involved really gives a crap. Why wasn't the girl sent off after the first foul? Red card them and make them play short handed. That is the only way to address this type of play.
      There's physical play,then there's dirty play. As a referee as I'm rather appalled no foul was called on the play involving the goalie. In fact, it appears the goal was allowed. I throw the blame on the referee crew assigned to this game. They should not be allowed to EVER referee again at this level.

Comment

There's physical play,then there's dirty play. As a referee as I'm rather appalled no foul was called on the play involving the goalie. In fact, it appears the goal was allowed. I throw the blame on the referee crew assigned to this game. They should not be allowed to EVER referee again at this level.
        https://media.giphy.com/media/YKdm91XONLTaw/giphy.gif

Comment

Okay, fine if you want to keep Mia wrapped in bubble wrap. Have you watched any D1 womens soccer games? No really, have you watched any D1 womens soccer games? H.S. soccer is a lot like college soccer as far as the physicallity. The girls that come out of ECNL/DA leagues where everything is called often have a hard time transitioning to the college game.

"Playing HS for a player with a real future in the sport is SO counterproductive." Not if your daughter is headed to a Tier 1, D1 program! And if you say my daugther is headed to the WNT where they calll everything, good luck with that!
          Partially true.

The top programs don’t play hack. kick and run soccer. Certainly there are plenty of D1 programs that do. Some even in the top 25.

The game can certainly be physical, but there has been a lot of public outcry about it recently. Especially, after the way UNC hacked Davidson and cost her NT caps, and put her behind in fitness for the World Cup. I believe you’ll start to see Refs call a cleaner game. Everyone wants it.

And...if you see value in getting beat up and in some cases attacked by players that are complete hacks / dirty for 4 years of, literally, mean nothing HS soccer....then your dumber than you look.

Comment

Partially true.

The top programs don’t play hack. kick and run soccer. Certainly there are plenty of D1 programs that do. Some even in the top 25.

The game can certainly be physical, but there has been a lot of public outcry about it recently. Especially, after the way UNC hacked Davidson and cost her NT caps, and put her behind in fitness for the World Cup. I believe you’ll start to see Refs call a cleaner game. Everyone wants it.

And...if you see value in getting beat up and in some cases attacked by players that are complete hacks / dirty for 4 years of, literally, mean nothing HS soccer....then your dumber than you look.
            1)Sincerely hope refs start doing their job. The rules are there. It’s a contact sport to a specific degree...Enforce the rules! Or have the players wear American Football gear.

2)Agree that hs soccer doesn’t matter much one way or another and is a personal preference but then WHY do all colleges put hs soccer kudos as the main highlights of a recruit’s soccer record? Does it really matter that someone’s little Mia scored 36 goals & captained her team to a state championship against horrible non-club players in podunk wherever in the bottom state league? 100% see why it matters to the girl herself and not knocking it but what does it have to do with college ball if high school doesn’t matter?

Comment

1)Sincerely hope refs start doing their job. The rules are there. It’s a contact sport to a specific degree...Enforce the rules! Or have the players wear American Football gear.

2)Agree that hs soccer doesn’t matter much one way or another and is a personal preference but then WHY do all colleges put hs soccer kudos as the main highlights of a recruit’s soccer record? Does it really matter that someone’s little Mia scored 36 goals & captained her team to a state championship against horrible non-club players in podunk wherever in the bottom state league? 100% see why it matters to the girl herself and not knocking it but what does it have to do with college ball if high school doesn’t matter?
              They have to put something on the bio page.

HS soccer accolades are easy to rack up. Lots of goals against crap sompetition. Local / district / regional / even state awards and accolades easy to come by for a good player.

Colleges don’t “care” about the HS production, they’re meaningless stats meant to make a player sound good. Good players that play HS soccer will have lots of stats and accolades, but they got recruited because of their quality, not their stats.

Comment

Absolutely a failure by the officials and by the coaches of both teams and even the parents.

I'd really like to know if any coach got carded or any parent got thrown out.

As a coach and a parent, I've had to get on the refs at times to let them know they're dropping the ball. If that meant me picking up a card or getting tossed so be it; but at least the refs are put on notice and gets them thinking about it. That way if/when the game devolves into something like what is seen in the video, no one can say I didn't try to address it at the time.

If I'm the parents of those girls I'm going after the school's ADs, the coaches, the refs, and FHSAA for any expenses and any long term damage done to my daughter.

As a side note, a player really ought to know when a game is getting out of hand and have their head on a swivel. My daughter (and my players) know the number 1 rule in high school soccer is to always protect yourself.

Comment

Absolutely a failure by the officials and by the coaches of both teams and even the parents.

I'd really like to know if any coach got carded or any parent got thrown out.

As a coach and a parent, I've had to get on the refs at times to let them know they're dropping the ball. If that meant me picking up a card or getting tossed so be it; but at least the refs are put on notice and gets them thinking about it. That way if/when the game devolves into something like what is seen in the video, no one can say I didn't try to address it at the time.

If I'm the parents of those girls I'm going after the school's ADs, the coaches, the refs, and FHSAA for any expenses and any long term damage done to my daughter.

As a side note, a player really ought to know when a game is getting out of hand and have their head on a swivel. My daughter (and my players) know the number 1 rule in high school soccer is to always protect yourself.
                  The refs are too incompetent to even know they suck. Additionally, a straight red in HS soccer is a really big deal. Apparently, the school gets fined and it causes all kinds of issues and paperwork so the refs are extremely reluctant to give them.

It's 100% the refs' responsibility to read and control the game; unfortunately, we are trusting our daughters to incompetent hacks who don't know the difference between an off-side and a side-out.

Comment

The refs are too incompetent to even know they suck. Additionally, a straight red in HS soccer is a really big deal. Apparently, the school gets fined and it causes all kinds of issues and paperwork so the refs are extremely reluctant to give them.

It's 100% the refs' responsibility to read and control the game; unfortunately, we are trusting our daughters to incompetent hacks who don't know the difference between an off-side and a side-out.
                    The refs are human like ones who robbed the Saints. Ever wonder if certain refs sign up to ref certain playoff games to influence the outcome?

Comment

Not a HS soccer fan mostly due to the refs they contract , it’s a big inside deal with someone making a quick buck. Ask to see who gets the refs contract s and what company they use -

There are some good companies , used by da and ecnl , why not use them? About the same fees

Comment

Even more reason to draw a hard line. Take control early....like before the game, with the coaches and administration. Let them warn the girls that it won’t be tolerated. It’s not like HS soccer doesn’t have a reputation for this. This is a leadership failure BY ALL.

Too much paperwork? Give me a fvcking break. Missing teeth, concussions, knee injuries are slightly more important that being inconvenienced by some paperwork.

Comment

Even more reason to draw a hard line. Take control early....like before the game, with the coaches and administration. Let them warn the girls that it won’t be tolerated. It’s not like HS soccer doesn’t have a reputation for this. This is a leadership failure BY ALL.

Too much paperwork? Give me a fvcking break. Missing teeth, concussions, knee injuries are slightly more important that being inconvenienced by some paperwork.
                          Not to mention the paperwork that comes with a nice trip to the emergency room - and the bills. There is no justification for what is depicted in the Article regarding Estero - a team like that should just be banned from the tournament.

Comment

Not a HS soccer fan mostly due to the refs they contract , it’s a big inside deal with someone making a quick buck. Ask to see who gets the refs contract s and what company they use -

There are some good companies , used by da and ecnl , why not use them? About the same fees
                            There is no "company." Every county/counties has a local, high school referee association. Referees sign up for it and are given games by the designated Assignor. Are politics involved in assigning games to specific referees? Of course as these people, in some cases, have know each other for years, however, that's not what's really going on here. The problem: too few, quality referees wanting to do high school soccer. And the ones who do, in too many cases, are old and out of shape (they stand in the middle of the field and watch). Florida adopted the three referee system to control/inhibit what was seen in the video. Not only did the Center Ref. not call the foul and penalize the attacker, the Side Referee (as viewed in the video) also did not. All three referees have a whistle, and all three can call a foul.

Comment

There is no "company." Every county/counties has a local, high school referee association. Referees sign up for it and are given games by the designated Assignor. Are politics involved in assigning games to specific referees? Of course as these people, in some cases, have know each other for years, however, that's not what's really going on here. The problem: too few, quality referees wanting to do high school soccer. And the ones who do, in too many cases, are old and out of shape (they stand in the middle of the field and watch). Florida adopted the three referee system to control/inhibit what was seen in the video. Not only did the Center Ref. not call the foul and penalize the attacker, the Side Referee (as viewed in the video) also did not. All three referees have a whistle, and all three can call a foul.
                              I see the same ref’s at club and league play as well as tournaments. I cringe when I see some. It does seems like it gets out of hand more at the HS level with them. My daughter has been brutalized at games with no call. Certain players have a reputation for rough play and the refs know it as well. They need to tighten up before more of this happens.

Comment

The 3 ref rule actually hurts more than it helps. Go back to letting the center call the game with assistance from the AR’s the way it should be. The calls are too inconsistent and they all end up looking at each other on a call and if no one calls it they let it go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X