X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most are former ecnl , thank god for gda
    That is a big part of the problem. Roster is starting to be made up of too many cookie cutter players. These interchangeable ecnl players who are so predictable and lack any real creativity on the ball. The uswnt and us soccer scouts love giving this players a shot and ignore the truly creative players.

In 8 more years women’s soccer will not linger be dominated by the USA. We will be a 3rd or 4th ranked team at best. GDA isn’t going to fix it either. They system beds a shake up and wake up.

Comment

That is a big part of the problem. Roster is starting to be made up of too many cookie cutter players. These interchangeable ecnl players who are so predictable and lack any real creativity on the ball. The uswnt and us soccer scouts love giving this players a shot and ignore the truly creative players.

In 8 more years women’s soccer will not linger be dominated by the USA. We will be a 3rd or 4th ranked team at best. GDA isn’t going to fix it either. They system beds a shake up and wake up.
      Actually, in 4 more years this will happen. We lack in many of the areas that matter. Just cause someone can afford to play, doesn't mean they CAN play. And just cause someone can't play, doesn't mean they CAN'T play.

Comment

I’m not brainwashed

I’m not an idiot like you, either.

I watch La Liga, EPL, Dortmund, boys HS soccer, boys club soccer, girls club soccer, and girls HS soccer. I seem to be able to separate each (I’m not a stupid a55hole) and have appreciatarion for what is considered good play in each subset of the sport.

Sorry your such a miserable human. Life sucks that way. Hope you find a friend that can give you a little joy.

Also...the “15 year old boys are better” line you post in every thread is sooo played out. Come up with a new stitch at least.
        Hey, who are we to judge him just because he's "obsessed" with 15 year old boys? This is an issue better addressed by the law enforcement community than us on this message board.

Comment

Hey, who are we to judge him just because he's "obsessed" with 15 year old boys? This is an issue better addressed by the law enforcement community than us on this message board.
          Not the poster but had to check to verify what you were talking about. If you are referring to the US women playing boys, then it was a u15 boys team that most recently beat them 5-2. That means the USWNT was actually beaten (badly) by 14 and 13 year old boys.

Comment

Not the poster but had to check to verify what you were talking about. If you are referring to the US women playing boys, then it was a u15 boys team that most recently beat them 5-2. That means the USWNT was actually beaten (badly) by 14 and 13 year old boys.
            Wasn't aware of that but not surprised in the least,more like what i expected. I think the US women woulld give the u12 boys a run for their money tho.

Comment

Sad
              Sad

Comment

Wasn't aware of that but not surprised in the least,more like what i expected. I think the US women woulld give the u12 boys a run for their money tho.
                I see what's simmering just below the surface here. Womens NT qualifies and wins World Cup(s). Mens NT doesn't get past Trinidad and Tabago and does not qualify for World Cup.

So attack Womens NT. Bubbling right below the surface is that the man who insists on demeaning succesful women was recently introduced to his new boss - a woman, and a younger one at that!

Comment

I see what's simmering just below the surface here. Womens NT qualifies and wins World Cup(s). Mens NT doesn't get past Trinidad and Tabago and does not qualify for World Cup.

So attack Womens NT. Bubbling right below the surface is that the man who insists on demeaning succesful women was recently introduced to his new boss - a woman, and a younger one at that!
                  They were very slow getting off the ground cause everyone laughed at the idea of Women's soccer untill they realized there was money to be made.Now that other Reputable Soccer countries are seriously getting involved then that's the end of the USWNT success. Not trying to be negative !!! Just Realistic.

Comment

They were very slow getting off the ground cause everyone laughed at the idea of Women's soccer untill they realized there was money to be made.Now that other Reputable Soccer countries are seriously getting involved then that's the end of the USWNT success. Not trying to be negative !!! Just Realistic.
                    France had a full house for the USA game. Hosting the WC will bring France lots of money.

Comment

Slow getting off the ground? The "99ers" were the Womens team that started it all and that was less than 20 years. From beginning to dominating the world in 20 years is "slow getting off the ground." Like every sport, as the sport grows in popularity the $$ starts to flow. Not rocket science.

Comment

Slow getting off the ground? The "99ers" were the Womens team that started it all and that was less than 20 years. From beginning to dominating the world in 20 years is "slow getting off the ground." Like every sport, as the sport grows in popularity the $$ starts to flow. Not rocket science.
                        America had a culture open to women playing soccer and funding the national team in the 90's. Other countries have woken up and have cultures now supportive of women's soccer and provide high level leagues and national academies for women. All it takes is for one goal to go in or be stopped for the USA to not be the reigning World Cup champions.

Comment

i like that the US WNT now has competition. in the past, they strolled to the finals, if they played poorly they won 1-0 2-1, if they played well won 6-0. now they must play well or lose. NT scouts will need to find and covet technical players to mix in with those bigger, stronger girls that usually fill up NT rosters.

Comment

Not many Pugh capitalized on one of the few chances
                            Pugh capitalized but her overall performance was lacking. Did you see how easily she lost the ball?

When I first started watching Pugh I thought that she was a decent player - she has good pace and, at times, can be a decent finisher. The more that I watch her, the more that I realize she really isn't that good. For every 1 good things she does she does 10 bad things. Not impressed.

Comment

Pugh capitalized but her overall performance was lacking. Did you see how easily she lost the ball?

When I first started watching Pugh I thought that she was a decent player - she has good pace and, at times, can be a decent finisher. The more that I watch her, the more that I realize she really isn't that good. For every 1 good things she does she does 10 bad things. Not impressed.
                              But she finished the only goal against France and goals do matter. Press has much better technical ability combined with the finishing.

Comment

But she finished the only goal against France and goals do matter. Press has much better technical ability combined with the finishing.
                                I agree. There are always the "what ifs" with her performance, though. What if she hadn't lost possession so easily? What if she had made errant passes to the French players instead of her teammates? Perhaps if those things didn't happen, the team may have been in a better position to win the game. I'm not saying that Pugh was the only problem but she was part of the problem. There were giveaways, horrible defending, etc, all around the field and by multiple players. I'm amazed with the dearth of technical skill.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X