Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    total BS, place was packed with college coaches, 50 at each game not event. You're so full of crap its not funny.
    You sure you aren't talking about ECNL Sanford?

Comment

total BS, place was packed with college coaches, 50 at each game not event. You're so full of crap its not funny.
      There was only 55 registered for the event. Then you are counting on 100% participation for all who registered which is never the case. You will day of event registrations but that never amounts to the total # of registrations. Logic tells me that 50 at entire event would be closer to the truth in this instance. SMH people

Comment

In Sanford, we were told directly from a D2 coach that if you want to be seen, you cannot play in USYS. ECNL or DA is the only place serious girls should be. D2. Not a power 5 D1 school, but D2.
        Funny- my daughter got a d-1 scholarship without it. Know lots of others just like her. Bottom line- if you are good and have a well connected and respected DOC you can and will get noticed.

Comment

Funny- my daughter got a d-1 scholarship without it. Know lots of others just like her. Bottom line- if you are good and have a well connected and respected DOC you can and will get noticed.
          Fine advice because lots of ecnl and GDA clubs around the state but it is hard for clubs who do not offer the higher leagues to retain top tier.

Comment

Fine advice because lots of ecnl and GDA clubs around the state but it is hard for clubs who do not offer the higher leagues to retain top tier.
            Where we live there is no ecnl or GDA- only option is play at the highest level possible.

Comment

Where we live there is no ecnl or GDA- only option is play at the highest level possible.
              I would suggest that to any parent "Find the highest level competition for your kid"

Comment

Has to be panhandle because everyone else has it

Comment

what club did she play for and what d1 is she at

Comment

One positive note is that I believe the USYS national league system is the best system going.
                    - State level completions determine who goes to regional league.
                    - Regional League play determines who plays in National League
                    - The national League itself is more of a "showcase" than a week to week league so that other than two "big' trips a year the travel and 'week to week" game play is regional for those in the national league.
                    - They recently started to add regional showcases vs just national showcases.

Overall it has a really good process, unfortunately for the girls side they fixed a lot of this after most top teams left for ECNL, and then were further diluted by GDA. (and just flip the order of those initials for the boys side).

Comment

No one cares if the DOC is the college coach grandfather. If the kid can't play then they will not get an offer. Stop selling BS.

Comment

what club did she play for and what d1 is she at
                        She is a junior and I would prefer not to say what school and club. Too easy for people to figure out where we live.

Comment

No one cares if the DOC is the college coach grandfather. If the kid can't play then they will not get an offer. Stop selling BS.
                          No BS- if you are good you can get noticed.

Comment

One positive note is that I believe the USYS national league system is the best system going.
                            - State level completions determine who goes to regional league.
                            - Regional League play determines who plays in National League
                            - The national League itself is more of a "showcase" than a week to week league so that other than two "big' trips a year the travel and 'week to week" game play is regional for those in the national league.
                            - They recently started to add regional showcases vs just national showcases.

Overall it has a really good process, unfortunately for the girls side they fixed a lot of this after most top teams left for ECNL, and then were further diluted by GDA. (and just flip the order of those initials for the boys side).
                            If the regional events happen and no college coaches are there to watch, did they really happen?

Comment

Having a daughter that played in both during the same playing season, I can tell you ECNL is a huge step up from USYS in exposure to college coaches. There is no comparison.
                              says the parent whose daughter got bounced off sunrise due to your big mouth and she's playing 5 minutes as opposed to 10...good move

Comment

says the parent whose daughter got bounced off sunrise due to your big mouth and she's playing 5 minutes as opposed to 10...good move
                                Aren’t all Sunrise parents loudmouths? Or is it just the 02 team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X