Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, all reasons to participate in a regional showcase.
    "College coaches also like to check on their recruits." Truth. My daughter's future college coaches (she's a 2019 playing u18/19) reached out to her and said they would be watching at least parts of 2 games for each of the 6 incoming 2019 recruits at Sanford.

Comment

The players basically now have from Sept 1 of Junior year to the fall of Senior year to be recruited because many big D1 deadlines for college applications is Nov 1st.
      This is just not true. lol

Comment

The players basically now have from Sept 1 of Junior year to the fall of Senior year to be recruited because many big D1 deadlines for college applications is Nov 1st.
        No. Just no.

There are a MANY loopholes still in existence. Players can't officially "commit" until Sept 1 of junior year or "officially" visit the school until then. But there can still be conversations (either player initiated or via club coaches), schedules sent to coaches to watch games, ID camps to attend all prior to that date. Players can also do unofficial visits on campus to check out the school as well. To think the new rules will change much is folly.

Comment

No. Just no.

There are a MANY loopholes still in existence. Players can't officially "commit" until Sept 1 of junior year or "officially" visit the school until then. But there can still be conversations (either player initiated or via club coaches), schedules sent to coaches to watch games, ID camps to attend all prior to that date. Players can also do unofficial visits on campus to check out the school as well. To think the new rules will change much is folly.
          It will force the players to keep many doors open at once until they get the college coach making an offer in the Junior year. The super studs might have a loophole with the college coach talking through the player’s club coach or DOC. But until the player has clear indication of an offer they must put themselves out there to many colleges.

Comment

It will force the players to keep many doors open at once until they get the college coach making an offer in the Junior year. The super studs might have a loophole with the college coach talking through the player’s club coach or DOC. But until the player has clear indication of an offer they must put themselves out there to many colleges.
            you say that like it's a bad thing. it's good to have a lot of options because you never know what might stick

Comment

you say that like it's a bad thing. it's good to have a lot of options because you never know what might stick
              Yes. Know plenty of players who were told by college coaches they were at the top of their lists to get an offer but the offer did not come. The players must keep a wide list until they commit.

Comment

It's ridiculous that there's a u18-19 division. It's just a money grab. If you're not committed by the senior year of high school, it ain't happening.
                There are Juniors on the 18-19 teams. Many descent girls still out there as juniors.

Comment

"College coaches also like to check on their recruits." Truth. My daughter's future college coaches (she's a 2019 playing u18/19) reached out to her and said they would be watching at least parts of 2 games for each of the 6 incoming 2019 recruits at Sanford.
                  So your saying this college's entire 2019 recruiting class (6 girls) all played on ECNL teams and have entered Sanford as U18/19 teams? I'm not buying it.

Comment

GIRLS ECNL FLORIDA
                    January 11-13, 2019 | Sanford, FL | U16-U18/U19

How’s the college coach list?
                    I heard a rumor that is the last year that this ECNL showcase will be held in Sanford. I heard that it will be moved to the Tampa/St. Pete area because of greater access to amenities and that TBU is leading the charge to move it and host it.

Comment

So your saying this college's entire 2019 recruiting class (6 girls) all played on ECNL teams and have entered Sanford as U18/19 teams? I'm not buying it.
                      OP here. That is exactly what I am saying. My daughter is connected on social media with the 5 other incoming recruits and they all played ECNL for teams up and down the eastern seaboard and will be playing at Sanford. What is so hard to believe?

Comment

I heard a rumor that is the last year that this ECNL showcase will be held in Sanford. I heard that it will be moved to the Tampa/St. Pete area because of greater access to amenities and that TBU is leading the charge to move it and host it.
                        I heard the same rumor from a slightly difference perspective. I heard that the Orlando area group that convinced ECNL to come to Sanford in the first place is splintered because of the all the changes in ECNL in the Orlando area and that ECNL is in discussions with TBU because TBU has declared themselves an "all-in ECNL club" and Hillsborough County is offering incentives to ECNL.

Comment

What amenities that Orlando does not have?

Comment

I heard the same rumor from a slightly difference perspective. I heard that the Orlando area group that convinced ECNL to come to Sanford in the first place is splintered because of the all the changes in ECNL in the Orlando area and that ECNL is in discussions with TBU because TBU has declared themselves an "all-in ECNL club" and Hillsborough County is offering incentives to ECNL.
                            FKK is all in. It is an established showcase and will not change.

Comment

What amenities that Orlando does not have?
                              https://tampasportsplex.com/location-page

Comment

FKK is all in. It is an established showcase and will not change.
                                I heard ECNL is considering moving the showcase in Houston and the showcase in Sanford to new locations to increase their appeal and to set the stage for the that move they renamed them the ECNL Texas Showcase and ECNL Florida Showcase - after calling them "Houston" and "Sanford" for several years.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....tional-events/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X