• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be a good game today!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Should be a good game today!
      Didn't the other games today get rescheduled due to spring break?

Comment

According to the da website. WashT 2 CFC 1, GS and MS with goals, plus an own goal.

Comment

With DA ripping apart at the seams and TA undoubtably shedding some local 05’s, does anyone currently know who will be coaching the 05’s next year at these respective clubs?

ADF-
          Westside-
          OPFC-
          UPDX-

Just wondering since a shake up of kids is coming and many club websites are not listing the coaches yet...

Comment

In other news...
            4H 4-0 ADF
            Final spring league standings

1. 4H
            2. ADF
            3. Eugene
            4. WUFC
            5. Fcsc
            6. Bend
            7. Cuervos

Comment

Golden Boot Race

Miguel Lopez 16 Westside
              Antuan Peterson 15 FCP
              Aidan Brouddus 9 Crossfire
              Muhammed Sanneh 9 WashT
              Garik Shevchuk 7 WashT
              Kenechi Nnoli 6 Westside
              Gavin Ripley 6 Crossfire
              Angel Jareth Solis 6 Capital
              Hector Martinez Morales 5 Westside
              Brandon Martinez Ventura 5 Capital
              Richard Anderson 5 Crossfire
              Jonathan Gaspar Perez 5 UPDX

Comment

Miguel Lopez 16 Westside
                Antuan Peterson 15 FCP
                Aidan Brouddus 9 Crossfire
                Muhammed Sanneh 9 WashT
                Garik Shevchuk 7 WashT
                Kenechi Nnoli 6 Westside
                Gavin Ripley 6 Crossfire
                Angel Jareth Solis 6 Capital
                Hector Martinez Morales 5 Westside
                Brandon Martinez Ventura 5 Capital
                Richard Anderson 5 Crossfire
                Jonathan Gaspar Perez 5 UPDX
                Funny that at least half this group has no long term chance, unless they spend a ton of time working on technical ability, touch and awareness of their teammates!because all they are is athletic forwards benefitting. GS case in point- the kid is freakishly fast and athletic but has incredibly poor touch and passing ability just like ajs. All I have seen of him in the few games I have seen is several toe punch’s into space trying to outrun a defender (worked a few times) and or a long ball played over the top and he out ran a defender, very much like ms and ab as well. ML and AP on the other hand have created scoring opportunities for themselves in addition. Not really sure what US soccer is looking for but there are several kids who are much better suited for the advanced game that actually see and feel the field which is more important going forward- SD being one of them....

Comment

Funny that at least half this group has no long term chance, unless they spend a ton of time working on technical ability, touch and awareness of their teammates!because all they are is athletic forwards benefitting. GS case in point- the kid is freakishly fast and athletic but has incredibly poor touch and passing ability just like ajs. All I have seen of him in the few games I have seen is several toe punch’s into space trying to outrun a defender (worked a few times) and or a long ball played over the top and he out ran a defender, very much like ms and ab as well. ML and AP on the other hand have created scoring opportunities for themselves in addition. Not really sure what US soccer is looking for but there are several kids who are much better suited for the advanced game that actually see and feel the field which is more important going forward- SD being one of them....
                  Thanks SD's Dad. Take away the jealousy and bitterness, you do have some valid points. However, they are lost when you come out attacking GS, MS and AB. Are those players fast and tend to rely on their speed? Yes. (Although, to be fair I think AB has scored every possible way against our team, and usually has an assist or two as well every time we have played OPFC. I would not put him in the same category as the other 2, as he is small.) I have a lot of appreciation for ML and AP and their efforts and mostly agree with you. However, these are 13-14 year old kids. They have been identified by US Soccer for a single day of training. That is all. Is it cool? Sure. Does it mean much? No. Get over the hate and move on. They are all good kids, and I am sure yours is as well. Focus on what matters most.

Comment

However, these are 13-14 year old kids. They have been identified by US Soccer for a single day of training. That is all. Is it cool? Sure. Does it mean much? No. Get over the hate and move on. They are all good kids, and I am sure yours is as well. Focus on what matters most.
                    ^^ This. US Soccer has no money to do a good job scouting at the younger ages, they are happy if they get a few strong players on coaches' recommendations to take a look at. Plenty fall through the cracks, and they don't really care because if the players are good enough, they'll catch them two/three/four years down the road. There were 4-5 players from our local MLS team called in to play with the U14 NT a few years ago, and now at U17, none of them have been subsequently called up. Again, just the lack of resources spent actually scouting for the best players at the younger age groups. Yes, it's a great opportunity to be called up for a camp, but one day of training isn't going to make a huge difference to your player in the big picture.

Comment

^^ This. US Soccer has no money to do a good job scouting at the younger ages, they are happy if they get a few strong players on coaches' recommendations to take a look at. Plenty fall through the cracks, and they don't really care because if the players are good enough, they'll catch them two/three/four years down the road. There were 4-5 players from our local MLS team called in to play with the U14 NT a few years ago, and now at U17, none of them have been subsequently called up. Again, just the lack of resources spent actually scouting for the best players at the younger age groups. Yes, it's a great opportunity to be called up for a camp, but one day of training isn't going to make a huge difference to your player in the big picture.
                      I agree with several of your points, but I can't think of any negatives coming from attending this training.

Comment

This isn't a problem with US Soccer specifically; scouting 13-year-olds (and moreso younger kids) is a crapshoot.

Again--we always here about how Barca "discovered" Messi at age 11.

While in one since they did--how many other 11 year olds were in their academy at the time? And how many of them were precocious enough to play up? I bet the answer to both is "a lot"; and that for every Messi that is identified young and becomes a star, there are dozens of kids who are also "identified"... and flame out as they get older. But you don't hear about them, and you don't hear academy directors talking about how they wasted a bunch of money on those kids. (You do hear occasionally about kids failing at one academy and succeeding in another).

And that's OK, because this is a crapshoot, and those in the business know it. This is a gold mining operation--not the old geezer with the pan by the creek, but the modern mechanized version that dumps entire mountainsides of dirt through a sluicing machine, looking for a few flakes of gold. Most of what comes out the other end is worthless.

Comment

Thanks SD's Dad. Take away the jealousy and bitterness, you do have some valid points. However, they are lost when you come out attacking GS, MS and AB. Are those players fast and tend to rely on their speed? Yes. (Although, to be fair I think AB has scored every possible way against our team, and usually has an assist or two as well every time we have played OPFC. I would not put him in the same category as the other 2, as he is small.) I have a lot of appreciation for ML and AP and their efforts and mostly agree with you. However, these are 13-14 year old kids. They have been identified by US Soccer for a single day of training. That is all. Is it cool? Sure. Does it mean much? No. Get over the hate and move on. They are all good kids, and I am sure yours is as well. Focus on what matters most.
                          Highly doubt that came from SD’s dad- I was thinking more a butt hurt FC parent whose kid plays midfield???

Comment

Lost among the chatter about the recent ID camp thingy... there's a rematch of FC/Capital tomorrow, again at Charlie's Carpet. Last time it was 3-1 to the visitors, before a bunch of kids got sent off. CFC reportedly has their suspended players back (having played 3 games since), whereas RS14 I think still has one game left on his.

I'll say 3-1 to Capital again. Teams that are physical up front seem to give FC trouble, and they will be without their enforcer. Look for AP to spend a lot of the time being sent to the pitch. This team misses RF.

(Speaking of RF, he managed a goal for TA last weekend in a losing effort, as TA05 got shellacked 7-2 by PacNW. This weekend they play Seattle United. There are some talented players on that team, but lordy what a shinola show...)

Comment

Lost among the chatter about the recent ID camp thingy... there's a rematch of FC/Capital tomorrow, again at Charlie's Carpet. Last time it was 3-1 to the visitors, before a bunch of kids got sent off. CFC reportedly has their suspended players back (having played 3 games since), whereas RS14 I think still has one game left on his.

I'll say 3-1 to Capital again. Teams that are physical up front seem to give FC trouble, and they will be without their enforcer. Look for AP to spend a lot of the time being sent to the pitch. This team misses RF.

(Speaking of RF, he managed a goal for TA last weekend in a losing effort, as TA05 got shellacked 7-2 by PacNW. This weekend they play Seattle United. There are some talented players on that team, but lordy what a shinola show...)
                              Wait, I thought TA had a vaunted defense which is why they only pulled strikers for the shiite show ID day? They gave up 7?? Think they need to broaden the search ...

Comment

Wait, I thought TA had a vaunted defense which is why they only pulled strikers for the shiite show ID day? They gave up 7?? Think they need to broaden the search ...
                                Were the 05 TAs at ID day?

I thought it was little DA 05s, mostly attacking players, scrimmaging against 04TA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X