Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wish the article would have expanded on how exactly are they 'able to identify a higher number'. Reading the article this seems basically the same as what was called "US Soccer Training centers" with a new name.
    Are they having twice as many events with DIFFERENT kids and scouts?
    Are they going to twice as many locations as previous US soccer training centers to run these camps?

What exactly are they doing to "identify higher numbers"?
    I agree lots of shine but little substance. The key is who gets to attend these camps? Is it solely for non DA kids (since in theory DA scouts are already scouting DA kids) or a mix? I'm assuming local clubs have to recommend kids for it, creating ample opportunities for politics and favoritism.

Comment

Also, look at their map in the article - huge swaths of the country have nothing.
      Like where? Montana & North Dakota? They have most of the major cities covered in the country. You can’t expect them to be everywhere.

Comment

I agree lots of shine but little substance. The key is who gets to attend these camps? Is it solely for non DA kids (since in theory DA scouts are already scouting DA kids) or a mix? I'm assuming local clubs have to recommend kids for it, creating ample opportunities for politics and favoritism.
        Right or wrong this is only for DA. DA is the path identified by us soccer for formation of its national team. You can decry politics (exists but will not hold back a good player) or $$ (comparable to FSPL or other leagues that involve significant travel), but truth is 90 percent of those criticizing DA would be in if kid offered a spot.

Comment

Right or wrong this is only for DA. DA is the path identified by us soccer for formation of its national team. You can decry politics (exists but will not hold back a good player) or $$ (comparable to FSPL or other leagues that involve significant travel), but truth is 90 percent of those criticizing DA would be in if kid offered a spot.
          Not if your local DA club sucks, as is sometimes the case. When it comes down to it the coaching matters more than the badge.

Comment

I wish the article would have expanded on how exactly are they 'able to identify a higher number'. Reading the article this seems basically the same as what was called "US Soccer Training centers" with a new name.
            Are they having twice as many events with DIFFERENT kids and scouts?
            Are they going to twice as many locations as previous US soccer training centers to run these camps?

What exactly are they doing to "identify higher numbers"?
            I thought the birth year mandate was going to fix player I’d?

Comment

Not if your local DA club sucks, as is sometimes the case. When it comes down to it the coaching matters more than the badge.
              i am not talking about u12! So many of the comments about DA here are focused on 11 year olds. Yes, at 11, go with the coaching. But at 15/16, even if your local DA sucks, you are better off taking your kid to a league where he will be seen by college scouts.

Comment

Waste

I think it's a waste, sounds a lot like ODP and before people jump on me telling me ODP is a waste of time and money. If that's true, think about why we moved away from it.

I believe true academy's are the only way to go.

Comment

i am not talking about u12! So many of the comments about DA here are focused on 11 year olds. Yes, at 11, go with the coaching. But at 15/16, even if your local DA sucks, you are better off taking your kid to a league where he will be seen by college scouts.
                  He/she can be seen via other leagues, as well as ID events. Also, what if your kid never plays? That won't do him or her any good. DA isn't always the best choice. It's all local.

Comment

He/she can be seen via other leagues, as well as ID events. Also, what if your kid never plays? That won't do him or her any good. DA isn't always the best choice. It's all local.
                    first to clarify, i am talking about boys soccer, d1 college exposure (not pro or college d2-d3) and u15 and above.... if your kid plays say 30-40% of time or more, DA is the better choice, every time, assuming it does not negatively impact school. This last point cannot be stressed enough - school should be #1 no matter what league. yes, if you kid is playing say 25% or less, he will not be happy and probably should move on. DA is crucial on the boys side to playing d1 college. i didnt make the rules, and i am not justifying it, just stating the reality of the situation.

Comment

yep. looks like a good system

Comment

first to clarify, i am talking about boys soccer, d1 college exposure (not pro or college d2-d3) and u15 and above.... if your kid plays say 30-40% of time or more, DA is the better choice, every time, assuming it does not negatively impact school. This last point cannot be stressed enough - school should be #1 no matter what league. yes, if you kid is playing say 25% or less, he will not be happy and probably should move on. DA is crucial on the boys side to playing d1 college. i didnt make the rules, and i am not justifying it, just stating the reality of the situation.
                        Depends on the level - top D1 yes, and not just any DA program but a good or MLS program. Mid to low level D1 it's not so much a necessity, just very club/competition and if playing HS lots of accolades too. If you're a non starter in DA (regular starts, not the required ones) and only getting ok PT you're probably not top D1 material anyway.

Comment

Depends on the level - top D1 yes, and not just any DA program but a good or MLS program. Mid to low level D1 it's not so much a necessity, just very club/competition and if playing HS lots of accolades too. If you're a non starter in DA (regular starts, not the required ones) and only getting ok PT you're probably not top D1 material anyway.
                          Does anyone know when the selections are made and the players notified they are to attend?

Comment

Does anyone know when the selections are made and the players notified they are to attend?
                            if your player is selected, you should receive an email in the next couple of weeks from us scouting. you attend their one day local camp. if your kid is selected to the regional event, that's a separate process. last year it was a group of around 24 kids, more or less, in this age group, about half from Weston.

Comment

if your player is selected, you should receive an email in the next couple of weeks from us scouting. you attend their one day local camp. if your kid is selected to the regional event, that's a separate process. last year it was a group of around 24 kids, more or less, in this age group, about half from Weston.
                              forgot to clarify the kids selected from the regional event are the best in us scouts opinion from the local one-day camp.

Comment

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X