Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Funny, but when I looked over the DA rules no such rule exists. It only seems to apply to mid season moves. I am not trying to be argumentative, but I am just trying to see what the actual rule and procedure is for changing DA clubs in a normal situation of just changing at the end of the season.

So if you can actually point to the rule that would be great. I've just not seen it that specific is all.
    Kids at nearby clubs don't need to "tryout" because the coaches watch all the local players in games. Most DA clubs already have their rosters well before official tryouts (they invite non DA players to practices in the spring) and only hold one public tryout in case the missed a diamond in the rough somewhere.

Comment

Funny, but when I looked over the DA rules no such rule exists. It only seems to apply to mid season moves. I am not trying to be argumentative, but I am just trying to see what the actual rule and procedure is for changing DA clubs in a normal situation of just changing at the end of the season.

So if you can actually point to the rule that would be great. I've just not seen it that specific is all.
      Yes players can switch clubs in the off season no issue. In season there's all kinds of rules.
      Chances are the DA club inviting them has already seen them play so no tryout needed.
      pg 20 https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/wk8nm...8pvwywmdkklzju

1.Transfer of a player from one DA team to another shall be treated like any other adds.
      2.Players are free to transfer between DA Clubs during off seasons, subject only to meeting a given Club’s registration deadlines/eligibility requirements.
      3.Transfers during a season must be sent to DA Staff and the staff shall review and have the authority to approve or deny a transfer of a player in all circumstances.

In general, a player who wishes to transfer to a new DA team during the season should obtain a release from their original DA Club in writing before transferring or communicating with another club. a)In all other circumstances, the DA Club has the discretion to transfer / release or not transfer / release the player during the Academy Season. b)Prior to approval by DA Staff of a transfer request, players may not train or otherwise participate with a DA team with which they are not officially rostered. c)If a player trains with another DA team prior to receiving a release, they may not be permitted to transfer to that DA Club. 4.Clubs wishing to speak to a player registered with another DA Club must state their intentions in writing to the player’s original/current club, the DA Staff, and their respective Technical Advisors.

There's also this on page 11

pg 11

Subject to the rules limiting transfers between DA teams in Section VIII.C, below, no DA Club has exclusive territory rights. The DA Clubs may recruit players for participation on DA teams from any geographic region. Clubs should note that coaches and administrators may be subject to the rules of other USSF Organization Members when they are recruiting for the club’s non-DA teams. However, those rules do not apply to players recruited to play full-time on Development DA teams. Clubs are expected to contact the player’s current Academy Director prior to contacting the player and request permission to speak with the player or invite the player to any club meeting or training session

Comment

Yes players can switch clubs in the off season no issue. In season there's all kinds of rules.
        Chances are the DA club inviting them has already seen them play so no tryout needed.
        pg 20 https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/wk8nm...8pvwywmdkklzju

1.Transfer of a player from one DA team to another shall be treated like any other adds.
        2.Players are free to transfer between DA Clubs during off seasons, subject only to meeting a given Club’s registration deadlines/eligibility requirements.
        3.Transfers during a season must be sent to DA Staff and the staff shall review and have the authority to approve or deny a transfer of a player in all circumstances.

In general, a player who wishes to transfer to a new DA team during the season should obtain a release from their original DA Club in writing before transferring or communicating with another club. a)In all other circumstances, the DA Club has the discretion to transfer / release or not transfer / release the player during the Academy Season. b)Prior to approval by DA Staff of a transfer request, players may not train or otherwise participate with a DA team with which they are not officially rostered. c)If a player trains with another DA team prior to receiving a release, they may not be permitted to transfer to that DA Club. 4.Clubs wishing to speak to a player registered with another DA Club must state their intentions in writing to the player’s original/current club, the DA Staff, and their respective Technical Advisors.

There's also this on page 11

pg 11

Subject to the rules limiting transfers between DA teams in Section VIII.C, below, no DA Club has exclusive territory rights. The DA Clubs may recruit players for participation on DA teams from any geographic region. Clubs should note that coaches and administrators may be subject to the rules of other USSF Organization Members when they are recruiting for the club’s non-DA teams. However, those rules do not apply to players recruited to play full-time on Development DA teams. Clubs are expected to contact the player’s current Academy Director prior to contacting the player and request permission to speak with the player or invite the player to any club meeting or training session
        Thanks, that is what I've seen as well. The problem is, I've been cited a number of "rules" regarding seeking permission to attend a ID session but the rule above only implies in season transfers. That permission may need to granted for a end of season move seems to be inferred but not actually stated.

The other "rule" I have heard but absolutely not seen written anywhere is WHEN one DA club can make an offer to a player at another DA club. I have heard no offers before April.

Comment

someone cant read
          b)Prior to approval by DA Staff of a transfer request, players may not train or otherwise participate with a DA team with which they are not officially rostered. c)If a player trains with another DA team prior to receiving a release, they may not be permitted to transfer to that DA Club.
          cant be more clear then that, you can not attend an ID session at another da club if your currently on a da team, that would be in violation of the rule of no training or activities, duh

Comment

someone cant read
            b)Prior to approval by DA Staff of a transfer request, players may not train or otherwise participate with a DA team with which they are not officially rostered. c)If a player trains with another DA team prior to receiving a release, they may not be permitted to transfer to that DA Club.
            cant be more clear then that, you can not attend an ID session at another da club if your currently on a da team, that would be in violation of the rule of no training or activities, duh
            Thank you - I had posted all the rules and links earlier. As you said it's pretty clear. And as I said other clubs will most likely have already seen players they're interested in either scouting or in DA games. No tryouts necessary. I honestly don't know about April offers but that timing makes sense. I would hope that by then they're letting players who will be cut know so they can find other options. They can give out offers to DA and non DA players, see who accepts and what gaps (if any) still need to be filled

Comment

Thank you - I had posted all the rules and links earlier. As you said it's pretty clear. And as I said other clubs will most likely have already seen players they're interested in either scouting or in DA games. No tryouts necessary. I honestly don't know about April offers but that timing makes sense. I would hope that by then they're letting players who will be cut know so they can find other options. They can give out offers to DA and non DA players, see who accepts and what gaps (if any) still need to be filled
              No, it is not as clear as you think it is. Everything you posted is predicated on the following leading sentence:

"In general, a player who wishes to transfer to a new DA team during the season should obtain a release from their original DA Club in writing before transferring or communicating with another club."

Comment

No, it is not as clear as you think it is. Everything you posted is predicated on the following leading sentence:

"In general, a player who wishes to transfer to a new DA team during the season should obtain a release from their original DA Club in writing before transferring or communicating with another club."
                Sorry, this reply was meant for the reply above yours.

In regards to the April offers that is what I was told by a TD. So not sure if a "rule" or just an agreement between local clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X