Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe that is all you remember. Who has Messi not humiliated? Is that the standard for being garbage now? Messi is a once in a universe player. Small, quick, and lethal.
    Like most real World class players he wouldn't of made it if he was born here.

Comment

Like most real World class players he wouldn't of made it if he was born here.
      Thats for sure! They would have not picked him in DA, to small and his body frame to small as well. He would have been playing club soccer!

Thank god wasnt born here and never part of this mess. Even the USA Pulisic the most promising since Donovan was born here and his own parents got him out of here, didnt trust DA.

Comment

Ummm, I'm speaking from the vantage point of someone who played the position for a long time. Playing defense was not satisfying for me - even though I was great at it. Its just one of those things where no one notices you until you screw up, and then its your fault the team lost. I don't need to worry about scholarships for my kids - they are straight A students and test well. What I am saying (and have said to my kids) is that if you want to play and have fun, play offense.
        What a stupidly generalizing statement. Just because YOU didn’t like it doesn’t mean others don’t. My son loves it.

Comment

Ummm, I'm speaking from the vantage point of someone who played the position for a long time. Playing defense was not satisfying for me - even though I was great at it. Its just one of those things where no one notices you until you screw up, and then its your fault the team lost. I don't need to worry about scholarships for my kids - they are straight A students and test well. What I am saying (and have said to my kids) is that if you want to play and have fun, play offense.
          I am guessing you really sucked at defense as you were not thick skinned enough to take the heat when you screw up. Let's face it a striker screws up and it is "unlucky" a defender makes a mistake and there are consequences. I am proud that my son is a defender. Love seeing him rip Maradona's and Robinho's on unsuspecting forwards as he blazes past them.

Glad your kids are acing kindergarden and pre-k. Those greats will probably slip once they don't take naps at school.

Comment

My kid has a blast playing defender and shutting down opposing kids trying to have fun playing offense and failing at it.

Comment

Girls love the D

Comment

We have been conditioned as U.S. spectators to appreciate high scoring but honestly, would you really enjoy watching a match that ends 5-5 or one 0-0 where there may have been some exciting near-goals but stopped by brilliant goalkeeping and/or defending? Easy goals makes the game look cheap. The US Womens match vs. Thailand should have been stopped at 7-0. Games like these whether pros or youth rec are truly the opposite of competition and not good for anyone imho.

Comment

We have been conditioned as U.S. spectators to appreciate high scoring but honestly, would you really enjoy watching a match that ends 5-5 or one 0-0 where there may have been some exciting near-goals but stopped by brilliant goalkeeping and/or defending? Easy goals makes the game look cheap. The US Womens match vs. Thailand should have been stopped at 7-0. Games like these whether pros or youth rec are truly the opposite of competition and not good for anyone imho.
                  It certainly won't make fair weather fans - those who only tune in for big international competitions - like the sport more. Nor does the overuse of VAR and wins on PKS.

Comment

It certainly won't make fair weather fans - those who only tune in for big international competitions - like the sport more. Nor does the overuse of VAR and wins on PKS.
                    For every good VAR decision, there are those that should never be made. You can't look at some things in slow motion and deduct the same if shown real speed. Allowing rekicks of PKs because keepers slightly step forward is true garbage. It is hard enough on the keepers and refs hardly ever call that unless blatant and clear.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X