Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    looked at this and it was really unreasonably expensive.

Have never gone with futsal on a consistent basis, what little we did seemed great for working on touch.

3v3 has done us well the last few summers, as someone above said it has done well for a core group of our kids developing as a group. Has improved passing game a lot. Also pretty easy to do. Commit as you want, reasonably priced for tournaments, just look up when it is near and take a group to play.
    if your kid spends a summer playing futsal, his/her touch with ball will markedly improve. that doesn't always translate into a better soccer player. it will make him/her a more technical soccer player, but if other qualities are absent, futsal is not a panacea. just to be clear.

Comment

looked at this and it was really unreasonably expensive.

Have never gone with futsal on a consistent basis, what little we did seemed great for working on touch.

3v3 has done us well the last few summers, as someone above said it has done well for a core group of our kids developing as a group. Has improved passing game a lot. Also pretty easy to do. Commit as you want, reasonably priced for tournaments, just look up when it is near and take a group to play.
      I think 3v3 is best for the 7-11 age group as far as development benefits go. After that it can still be fun, so don't want to undervalue that aspect. Futsal with a natural diamond is better from a tactical standpoint and having to finish your shots against a goalkeeper.

The Tampa league is about $125 for a season, with playoffs that is less than $15 a game. 3v3 tournaments usually run $40-60 a player so cost wise in the same ballpark.

Comment

I think 3v3 is best for the 7-11 age group as far as development benefits go. After that it can still be fun, so don't want to undervalue that aspect. Futsal with a natural diamond is better from a tactical standpoint and having to finish your shots against a goalkeeper.

The Tampa league is about $125 for a season, with playoffs that is less than $15 a game. 3v3 tournaments usually run $40-60 a player so cost wise in the same ballpark.
        sorry but there is no comparison long term between the benefits of futsal and 3v3. 3v3 is good if you want to have a killer group of 7 year olds and dominate the u8, u9 circuit. but i don't think it translates much over time. futsal will make your kid a much more technical player because of the amount of touches and the way they need to manipulate the ball to accomplish anything on a smooth, hard surface.

Comment

sorry but there is no comparison long term between the benefits of futsal and 3v3. 3v3 is good if you want to have a killer group of 7 year olds and dominate the u8, u9 circuit. but i don't think it translates much over time. futsal will make your kid a much more technical player because of the amount of touches and the way they need to manipulate the ball to accomplish anything on a smooth, hard surface.
          I will concede that futsal is overall a better game than 3v3. However, for the U7 to U10 I don't agree that 3v3 doesn't offer benefits that translate over time. It gives the younger player a chance to have the ball not only more often but also under pressure. Gives them opportunities to work on both 1v1 and learn basic 2v1. As I said in my other post once they get to about 10 it really doesn't offer as much but for the younger kids it does.

Comment

I will concede that futsal is overall a better game than 3v3. However, for the U7 to U10 I don't agree that 3v3 doesn't offer benefits that translate over time. It gives the younger player a chance to have the ball not only more often but also under pressure. Gives them opportunities to work on both 1v1 and learn basic 2v1. As I said in my other post once they get to about 10 it really doesn't offer as much but for the younger kids it does.
            there are benefits to both. i agree 3v3 does have its thing. but with my kid, i look back and 3v3 gave him some of the things you mentioned, but you can get all those things with practice over time. futsal gave him a really good first touch and to me that is hard to get. that first touch has turned out to be the difference countless time between losing the ball in midfield and escaping a tight spot with possession. for him, the ability to receive a ball, turn, and put the ball with one touch into space has been a huge positive skill. working in super tight spaces and squirming out is the difference between a skillful midfielder and one that is limited in his ability to impact the game. not saying my kid is messi, just thought this could be useful to other parents. this thread is one of the few positive ones.

Comment

If you are in the Orlando area and can get to Apopka, then as someone else says Coach Naji has futsal. For me way better for keeping foot skills sharp. He doesn’t do training it’s just games. Although he does do some other camps out at Montverde, well he used to although I think he’s focused more on girls training

http://www.centralfloridasc.com

Comment

If you are in the Orlando area and can get to Apopka, then as someone else says Coach Naji has futsal. For me way better for keeping foot skills sharp. He doesn’t do training it’s just games. Although he does do some other camps out at Montverde, well he used to although I think he’s focused more on girls training

http://www.centralfloridasc.com
                Where can I find futsal for kids to play in Southwest Florida?

Comment

No idea but I googled and came across this

https://naplesfutsal.com/

Comment

Futsal. Not even close. 3v3 is tricked-up nonsense beyond U7.

Comment

Try pickleball

Comment

https://www.centralfcsoccer.com/news...r-club-in-town

This apparently

Comment

Futsal. Not even close. 3v3 is tricked-up nonsense beyond U7.
                          Agreed futsal especially in summer so they can continue to play but not in heat.

Comment

3v3 teaches great small game and ball skills.

Comment

3v3 is no longer necessary after 10 years old. If your still playing then you are probably playing because you get little to no play time or can only run short distances. You should concentrate and prepare on getting to a bigger field once the kid turns 11 (11v11 field)

Comment

Wrong. One guy stands in back while other two attack. There's no true triangle play. Plus 3v3 fields have tons of space for the number of players.

5v5 futsal teaches control in tight spaces.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X