X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3v3 or Futsal for middle schoolers ?

Your thoughts

many more knowledgeable people have stated that 4V4 plus goalie (like futsal) is the optimum small sided "size" while maintaining game concepts related to full sided play. AJAX was one of the premiere advocates of 4v4 small sided and while futsal is different it is not that different.

Both help footwork but 4V4 is reputed to be a better emulator of full sided play concepts so I would go with Futsal.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      many more knowledgeable people have stated that 4V4 plus goalie (like futsal) is the optimum small sided "size" while maintaining game concepts related to full sided play. AJAX was one of the premiere advocates of 4v4 small sided and while futsal is different it is not that different.

Both help footwork but 4V4 is reputed to be a better emulator of full sided play concepts so I would go with Futsal.
      Everything they said, plus during the summer indoors vs outdoors in 3v3.

Comment

I also like the speed of playing on a hard surface. It causes the players to develop a great first touch.

Comment

Finally a good question on TS

During the summer futsal is great for development. However, it is much more individual development. If you can get a few teammates to do some 3v3 tourneys, that’s much better for team development. IMHO

Comment

During the summer futsal is great for development. However, it is much more individual development. If you can get a few teammates to do some 3v3 tourneys, that’s much better for team development. IMHO
            problem is, like the poster said, what's out there for middle schoolers? you can find futsal for elementary aged kids. but no 13 or 14 year old wants to go to "futsal camp" with 8 year olds. its tons of fun for the kids and they develop really good touch. but since there's no money in it, it just doesn't happen.

Comment

problem is, like the poster said, what's out there for middle schoolers? you can find futsal for elementary aged kids. but no 13 or 14 year old wants to go to "futsal camp" with 8 year olds. its tons of fun for the kids and they develop really good touch. but since there's no money in it, it just doesn't happen.
              If you are in central Florida Naji runs a good futsal program in apopka

Comment

Futsal 100 percent. Better than a private trainer.

Comment

Tampa Bay Rowdies player Georgi Hristov started the Tampa Bay Premier Futsal League this summer. All ages. Season started last week. Hands down better in developing ball skills IMO, than indoor.

https://www.tbpremierfutsal.com/

Comment

Tampa Bay Rowdies player Georgi Hristov started the Tampa Bay Premier Futsal League this summer. All ages. Season started last week. Hands down better in developing ball skills IMO, than indoor.

https://www.tbpremierfutsal.com/
                    Fantastic idea. Too bad registration is closed. Anyone else interested in duplicating the idea?

Comment

Similar to 3v3, you create your own team of 8-10 players, and locations for games are across the Tampa area (schools, rec centers, etc). It's a set schedule of 8 games, 1 per week, so perfect for kids of all ages to prevent summer soccer slide

Comment

Similar to 3v3, you create your own team of 8-10 players, and locations for games are across the Tampa area (schools, rec centers, etc). It's a set schedule of 8 games, 1 per week, so perfect for kids of all ages to prevent summer soccer slide
                        it's great but stop promoting it because registration is close. is this just a tease?

Comment

No, I'm actually a parent of a player. It was on the WFLA news last month. I just like to post positive, true stories.

Comment

No, I'm actually a parent of a player. It was on the WFLA news last month. I just like to post positive, true stories.
                            i know i was just kidding. posters like you are one of the few good things about TS. thanks for the info.

Comment

Fantastic idea. Too bad registration is closed. Anyone else interested in duplicating the idea?
                              looked at this and it was really unreasonably expensive.

Have never gone with futsal on a consistent basis, what little we did seemed great for working on touch.

3v3 has done us well the last few summers, as someone above said it has done well for a core group of our kids developing as a group. Has improved passing game a lot. Also pretty easy to do. Commit as you want, reasonably priced for tournaments, just look up when it is near and take a group to play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X