Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so you think the Club is responsible for that? Hilarious. the overall portfolio of schools is remarkably similar. Why? because most of the players are remarkably similar. Its the parents of these average kids who think they benefit form association.

I dont know a single parent of a real difference making kid who cares about 90 pct of the stuff posted here.

its all tallest dwarf in the circus stuff here.
    Yes, Mike O got both of them into Duke.

Comment

my daughters club have sent several players to top 10 schools and YNTs. They are as well equipped to do that as any club around including PDA. as are many others around here.

show me the elite talent that any club up here has ruined? Or show me the average talent that any club has turned into a top ACC/ Pac-12 prospect? Exactly. you cant.

Its all about the player and what they put in. PDA is no more likely to "develop" than anyone else. They are more likely to win because parents buy into the myth which leads to the best player at club A leaving to be the 5th best player at PDA.
      Parents buy into that myth every year at all the ages at PDA. Sadly some find out that their kid is not even the 5th or 10th or 15th best player and end up looking for another team the following year. The list of former PDA players is super deep in NJ/NY. It seems the parents are the ones who are really disappointed because they can't rock their PDA swag after they leave. Keep chasing the dream!!

Comment

Just another reminder that the World Class girls environment, that gets celebrated from time to time.... is as toxic as its rumored to be.

I feel REALLY bad for the kids there that feel loyal to the brand, only after time and all that hatred will they leave the club and regret their years of blindness.

I bet a MASSIVE event takes place there in the coming 1-2 years where the wheels come off over some hatred or racially gross event.

That environment is as bad as it gets. To much authority in those of morally and ethically compromised states.
        My 2 daughters have been with the club since U8. I would love to know WTH your talking about. There is no toxic environment. My son played at NYSC, that was a toxic environment. The fact that you post this tells me that your kid either got dropped off a high level team, and you think she is better than she really is, or you're just trying to take away from the fact that everyone who plays at the club wants to stay there.

Please give specific examples of why it is toxic? Is it the beautiful facilities? Is it camaraderie between players? Is it the high level coaching staff? or is it your kid just can't hang?

Comment

My 2 daughters have been with the club since U8. I would love to know WTH your talking about. There is no toxic environment. My son played at NYSC, that was a toxic environment. The fact that you post this tells me that your kid either got dropped off a high level team, and you think she is better than she really is, or you're just trying to take away from the fact that everyone who plays at the club wants to stay there.

Please give specific examples of why it is toxic? Is it the beautiful facilities? Is it camaraderie between players? Is it the high level coaching staff? or is it your kid just can't hang?
          You spent too much time writing that, its the Chris Kelly troll, boring.

Comment

how is it a jab? big players play big when it counts. tbh choosing Rutgers says it all. no offence.
            No, I mean what is the jab at calling her "Tokyo Rose"? Did Tokyo Rose go to Rutgers?

Comment

Just another reminder that the World Class girls environment, that gets celebrated from time to time.... is as toxic as its rumored to be.

I feel REALLY bad for the kids there that feel loyal to the brand, only after time and all that hatred will they leave the club and regret their years of blindness.

I bet a MASSIVE event takes place there in the coming 1-2 years where the wheels come off over some hatred or racially gross event.

That environment is as bad as it gets. To much authority in those of morally and ethically compromised states.
              Can you be specific? My D has been there for 5 years and has loved it. She is not a star on her team, but a solid contributor and loves the environment.

Comment

No, I mean what is the jab at calling her "Tokyo Rose"? Did Tokyo Rose go to Rutgers?
                Hahaha, make America white again??

Comment

Hahaha, make America white again??
                  Oh ok, I get it. It was a racial reference because the player is Asian? Smh

Comment

Oh ok, I get it. It was a racial reference because the player is Asian? Smh
                    Did you go to prep-school, or something??

Comment

Did you go to prep-school, or something??
                      I did. What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

I did. What does that have to do with anything?
                        you so smart.

Comment

Why would anyone try to insult her for choosing Rutgers? Maybe she wants to be closer to home and feels it is a good choice for her life and that it provides her with both soccer and education and location she prefers? Maybe she doesn't want to be the 6th recruit at UNC or Penn State, sitting the bench for a year or two. Going to these schools and competing at age 17 or 18 against players 3-4 years older, who have been there for a few years is not easy. People shouldn't act like anyone choosing to not go to UCLA or UNC are busts.

Comment

Why would anyone try to insult her for choosing Rutgers? Maybe she wants to be closer to home and feels it is a good choice for her life and that it provides her with both soccer and education and location she prefers? Maybe she doesn't want to be the 6th recruit at UNC or Penn State, sitting the bench for a year or two. Going to these schools and competing at age 17 or 18 against players 3-4 years older, who have been there for a few years is not easy. People shouldn't act like anyone choosing to not go to UCLA or UNC are busts.
                            Agree unfortunately most people have lost perspective. Subconsciously they are tallying up all the $$$ they’ve spent since U-little, and take their frustrations out by mocking teen soccer players and their chosen school. They fail to realize that in a few years soccer will be nothing but memories, and hopefully they will be good, they’ll make a few lifelong friends, and graduate with a degree in something that makes them happy.

Comment

Agree unfortunately most people have lost perspective. Subconsciously they are tallying up all the $$$ they’ve spent since U-little, and take their frustrations out by mocking teen soccer players and their chosen school. They fail to realize that in a few years soccer will be nothing but memories, and hopefully they will be good, they’ll make a few lifelong friends, and graduate with a degree in something that makes them happy.
                              I'll also add, if she is getting a full ride to this school she is already ahead of the game. Some of the "commitments" that have been revealed over the past season are basically a farce because most of those players aren't even getting 30% in scholarships.

Comment

who said anything about bust or insult ? you took it as one. The choice any kid/family makes is a reflection on them. A general point using your example, a kid who "doesn't want to be the 6th recruit at UNC or Penn State" is signalling that they dont want to compete with the best players for time. I have no issue with that at all, but its still a signal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X