Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone's Daughter in the Barca program?

Daughter went and got call back after tryout. They say all the right things so I started to sip the Koolaid... but before I drink the whole thing, anyone on one of there current teams have any feedback?

Thanks

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Daughter went and got call back after tryout. They say all the right things so I started to sip the Koolaid... but before I drink the whole thing, anyone on one of there current teams have any feedback?

Thanks
    on the instagram all the girls got to meet alli long and wish her good luck before she leave for the world cup....that was pretty cool.

Comment

on the instagram all the girls got to meet alli long and wish her good luck before she leave for the world cup....that was pretty cool.
      Pricey but cool.

What do barca girls do when they get to gda and ecnl age?

Comment

Pricey but cool.

What do barca girls do when they get to gda and ecnl age?
        What anybody who is good does....take the spot of another player.

Comment

That is a nice bonus but what about the teams or training?

Comment

Thanks
            I'm sure that the training is fine but the girls program at Barca is limited to just a few teams at the moment so it may not be all that competitive for a while.

Comment

I'm sure that the training is fine but the girls program at Barca is limited to just a few teams at the moment so it may not be all that competitive for a while.
              if she thinks she will be happy at barca...give it a shot, if not than don't do it.
              Its important to know that the chances of your kid "making it" is about 10,000:1. (for both boys and girls. scholarship money for sports barely covers your textbooks...there is more money available for academic scholarships if you qualify.

Making an MLS team base salary is about $100,000/year average salary which is pretty pathetic.

In the end with youth soccer bragging and/or bashing a,b,c teams is all BS.

Comment

if she thinks she will be happy at barca...give it a shot, if not than don't do it.
                Its important to know that the chances of your kid "making it" is about 10,000:1. (for both boys and girls. scholarship money for sports barely covers your textbooks...there is more money available for academic scholarships if you qualify.

Making an MLS team base salary is about $100,000/year average salary which is pretty pathetic.

In the end with youth soccer bragging and/or bashing a,b,c teams is all BS.
                personally I just want her to learn soccer, teamwork, and sportsmanship. She is really starting to get it and looks forward to it.We have to remember they are freaking 10 years old and already there is so much BS, and the parents are idiots i have had to suffer through on the side lines We have to remember they are freaking Funny at -the parent meeting, the head of the program specifically said "if you are here because only want to win and have bragging rights... please take your child and leave now. We are here to teach our philosophy, style of play and groom good players and eventually good adults. If we win some things along the way it is a bonus... not the reason we are here."
                I liked that because i am a realist about college and scholarships.. I am hating the highs school level of BS of the town teams and the money grind of the "academies". If Barca is half what they say, i would think it would be just a good place to learn soccer... not kick and run, not coaches only caring about winning and just looking to bring in new kids each year instead of grooming the ones they have ( academies and town teams are all the same now)....

Comment

personally I just want her to learn soccer, teamwork, and sportsmanship. She is really starting to get it and looks forward to it.We have to remember they are freaking 10 years old and already there is so much BS, and the parents are idiots i have had to suffer through on the side lines We have to remember they are freaking Funny at -the parent meeting, the head of the program specifically said "if you are here because only want to win and have bragging rights... please take your child and leave now. We are here to teach our philosophy, style of play and groom good players and eventually good adults. If we win some things along the way it is a bonus... not the reason we are here."
                  I liked that because i am a realist about college and scholarships.. I am hating the highs school level of BS of the town teams and the money grind of the "academies". If Barca is half what they say, i would think it would be just a good place to learn soccer... not kick and run, not coaches only caring about winning and just looking to bring in new kids each year instead of grooming the ones they have ( academies and town teams are all the same now)....
                  Having been in Barca for 2 years now... I can tell you the training is good, no doubt about it....But they do and will bring in new kids during the season and a take playing time from existing kids....when they say winning is not everything...they are full of SH_T.

Comment

My daughter is in the club and I have been happy this year. Whether or not the club is right for you and your daughter is very subjective. Barca will probably be more expensive than a town team but in line or cheaper than another club team. If you are seriously considering joining the team you should ask to attend a team practice so you can get a better feel for the team and how your daughter fits in. The coaching is very good and the coaches do really want to win but it is true from what I have seen that they won't give up their philosophy and style of play to win the games. And I have never seen any of these coaches yelling, being disrespectful/abusive to kids or joystick coaching the kids. They also do a good job creating special events for the girls and I think most girls know pretty much every other girl in the club regardless of age.
                    If you are serious about switching teams you should go to as many tryouts as possible and see what the teams are like expenses, how often they train, what league they will be playing, etc. Good Luck

Comment

My daughter is in the club and I have been happy this year. Whether or not the club is right for you and your daughter is very subjective. Barca will probably be more expensive than a town team but in line or cheaper than another club team. If you are seriously considering joining the team you should ask to attend a team practice so you can get a better feel for the team and how your daughter fits in. The coaching is very good and the coaches do really want to win but it is true from what I have seen that they won't give up their philosophy and style of play to win the games. And I have never seen any of these coaches yelling, being disrespectful/abusive to kids or joystick coaching the kids. They also do a good job creating special events for the girls and I think most girls know pretty much every other girl in the club regardless of age.
                      If you are serious about switching teams you should go to as many tryouts as possible and see what the teams are like expenses, how often they train, what league they will be playing, etc. Good Luck
                      Thank you for the input. She has been to a tryout and a practice so far and the factor i liked was watching the style of the practice and the fact my daughter came away saying how nice all the other girls were.... I think that is important to foster real teamwork, especially with girls.. we will see how it goes.. thanks again

Comment

Who much is Allie Long involved?

Comment

Who much is Allie Long involved?
                          She makes an appearance maybe twice a year. Answer your question ?

Comment

She makes an appearance maybe twice a year. Answer your question ?
                            Or maybe a little more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X