Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    it is not - gda and ecnl are the same. country club leagues for talent that can afford it. the talent that can not afford it does not play in those leagues

yes yes ....you will say there is no talent that can't afford it. heard that for ever. makes no sense but it still always trotted out. every time. I am sure that will be the response to this post. always is.
    I appreciate the response. Just so you know our experience in the DA versus the ECNL has been twice the training for about half the cost. Uniforms were free. At ECNL we bought them. Travel looks like it will be about the same but so far has been cheaper (maybe this team is better at getting cheaper room blocks at hotels). So from a cost perspective it is cheaper for us.

One of my other kids plays EDP. It is similar to a town travel but no parent coaches. Train 2 times a week for a total of 3 hours. I believe the tuition is only 500 or 600 less, but had to buy uniforms. So if I simply divide the training time versus my tuition, our DA costs are less.

So i am not dismissing your response. Just trying to figure out which league (or maybe both) are ripping me off, if any are. Just an FYI, we are as middle class as can be, and yes the cars in the parking lot for the DA practices are significantly more expensive than the EDP travel team, but not sure that is indicative of the league itself, or just the people that gravitate to another league.

Comment

You heard it here first. Surf getting DA

Comment

lol. perfect.

Comment

Ny gda

Surf getting DA...is like Kohls selling Under Armor...its just not in style anymore when this happens.

Comment

I appreciate the response. Just so you know our experience in the DA versus the ECNL has been twice the training for about half the cost. Uniforms were free. At ECNL we bought them. Travel looks like it will be about the same but so far has been cheaper (maybe this team is better at getting cheaper room blocks at hotels). So from a cost perspective it is cheaper for us.

One of my other kids plays EDP. It is similar to a town travel but no parent coaches. Train 2 times a week for a total of 3 hours. I believe the tuition is only 500 or 600 less, but had to buy uniforms. So if I simply divide the training time versus my tuition, our DA costs are less.

So i am not dismissing your response. Just trying to figure out which league (or maybe both) are ripping me off, if any are. Just an FYI, we are as middle class as can be, and yes the cars in the parking lot for the DA practices are significantly more expensive than the EDP travel team, but not sure that is indicative of the league itself, or just the people that gravitate to another league.
            Gda added this ludicrous da cup and required teams to FLY on airplanes to play a soccer game or two, ridiculous, abusive, stupid. all these super deluxe leagues are very exclusionary and wasteful so pick your poison - but that takes the prize. Sorry.

Comment

Gda added this ludicrous da cup and required teams to FLY on airplanes to play a soccer game or two, ridiculous, abusive, stupid. all these super deluxe leagues are very exclusionary and wasteful so pick your poison - but that takes the prize. Sorry.
              Most teams' travel didn't require flying. But, there were a couple and...whelp....not good at all.

The vision of the DA Cup couldn't be implemented as they wanted clubs who had teams in each age group; what they found was there wasn't the participation available they thought so they fubarred this.

Comment

Most teams' travel didn't require flying. But, there were a couple and...whelp....not good at all.

The vision of the DA Cup couldn't be implemented as they wanted clubs who had teams in each age group; what they found was there wasn't the participation available they thought so they fubarred this.
                How is flying required? Just opt your kid out of that game?

Comment

O.K.. So you quoted my post but didn't address anything in it and just brought up the DA Cup. So which team(s) had required flights?

Comment

O.K.. So you quoted my post but didn't address anything in it and just brought up the DA Cup. So which team(s) had required flights?
                    i am not going to look up every club but just a quick glance it seems like a half dozen of the groups and likely more if I knew where they all were.

Comment

NEFC had to fly down to GA to get their butts handed to them by TopHat. Also, Fury is/was scheduled to fly to FL for a game.

Comment

How is flying required? Just opt your kid out of that game?
                        I suppose you could. I'd rather you just opted out of the entire team then to pick and choose which games you want to play at.

Comment

NEFC had to fly down to GA to get their butts handed to them by TopHat. Also, Fury is/was scheduled to fly to FL for a game.
                          Yes, they are a couple. It's much more rare than presented, but if I were on either of these teams I wouldn't have been thrilled, no doubt.

Comment

anyway - please dont try to ague that gda or ecnl soccer is affordable. That is a losing argument only made by someone making money form this racket or someone so deep in the bubble they can't escape.

school soccer leagues are some of the last places left that a lower income talent can participate and it boggles my mind that us soccer does not support that . that is my opinion and your is clearly different.

Comment

anyway - please dont try to ague that gda or ecnl soccer is affordable. That is a losing argument only made by someone making money form this racket or someone so deep in the bubble they can't escape.

school soccer leagues are some of the last places left that a lower income talent can participate and it boggles my mind that us soccer does not support that . that is my opinion and your is clearly different.
                              How much does your child's team cost year? How many days do they train? How many months?

Comment

Which comment, about Jabs?? Pretty sure I know the player that parent was referring to, the one on NYCFC that Jabs could not dominate, unlike all the girls she plays against now, btw she is not going to see the field at UVA for 3 years, just sayin....
                                If you aint seeing it for 3, you aint seeing it the 4th!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X