Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Op here and yes you're absolutely right there. The US sucks at first identifying talent, and then developing it.
    Disagree. On the Womens side, there is little incentive to do it early so they dont really care.

Comment

Disagree. On the Womens side, there is little incentive to do it early so they dont really care.
      Then do you agree they suck at it on the men's side?

They've been getting away with little care on the women's side because we had a 20 year head start. Now the world is catching up, but DA isn't the solution

Comment

Then do you agree they suck at it on the men's side?

They've been getting away with little care on the women's side because we had a 20 year head start. Now the world is catching up, but DA isn't the solution
        Actually i dont. The mens team has some good young players. I cant think of any they are leaving out. Also the 20yr headstart has nothing to do with why we dont care. The money is in youth soccer for girls, not pro.

If identifying and developing players becomes lucrative in the USA, people will do it.

Comment

Ny gda

Actually i dont. The mens team has some good young players. I cant think of any they are leaving out. Also the 20yr headstart has nothing to do with why we dont care. The money is in youth soccer for girls, not pro.

If identifying and developing players becomes lucrative in the USA, people will do it.
          after 10 years, zero starters on USMNT from da. failed concept for the mens side.

Comment

This. The money driving the current system for girls comes from extracting as much as possible from the families of the young players.

Comment

This. The money driving the current system for girls comes from extracting as much as possible from the families of the young players.
              How is that different from U12 boys DA soccer last year?

Comment

Money drives the boys system just the same, the exception being that a very small # get plucked to spend some time in the MLS academies. Before then, theyre revenue sources just the same.

Comment

you imply that the "right" kids would change results. I dont think they would.
                  Don't complain, just ask the horse face mom from manlesspequa how its done.
                  Just bitch and complain until your 2 left footed kid makes every elite ID anything.

Comment

Money drives the boys system just the same, the exception being that a very small # get plucked to spend some time in the MLS academies. Before then, theyre revenue sources just the same.
                    Money drives every system. Here is the point. In the boys system, the most money is spent on developing players at the top of the pyramid. If the parents want to keep kidding themselves about their kids who fall below that, there are clubs willing to take your money

The girls system does not subsidize kids at the top of the pyramid at all because they do not get a return for doing it. Colleges do some of it as they do get a return. Pro Clubs leverage that at draft time

Colleges have almost not role in mens professional soccer

Comment

Don't complain, just ask the horse face mom from manlesspequa how its done.
                      Just bitch and complain until your 2 left footed kid makes every elite ID anything.
                      elite ID anythings are meaningless.

Comment

My son just signed his first pro contract, so we are living proof that the system works. My son had to compete with boys from other countries, we believe in the BDA.

Comment

My son just signed his first pro contract, so we are living proof that the system works. My son had to compete with boys from other countries, we believe in the BDA.
                          1) why are you on a GDA thread?
                          2) most of TS is BS and entertainment and your post fits right in there
                          3) girls don't care about a pro path, just college
                          4) overall bda has shown little success in the 11 or so years of existence
                          5) a system doesn't make a player, the player makes the player

Comment

1) why are you on a GDA thread?
                            2) most of TS is BS and entertainment and your post fits right in there
                            3) girls don't care about a pro path, just college
                            4) overall bda has shown little success in the 11 or so years of existence
                            5) a system doesn't make a player, the player makes the player
                            1) I have a daughter in GDA
                            2) Its 100% true
                            3) My girl does
                            4) It works just fine for us
                            5) The GDA system will eventually succeed, just needs time.

Comment

1) I have a daughter in GDA
                              2) Its 100% true
                              3) My girl does
                              4) It works just fine for us
                              5) The GDA system will eventually succeed, just needs time.
                              Your son is an outlier. Playing BDA or gda to get a pro contract is a con for almost 100 percent of the players involved. Very irresponsible to claim otherwise.

Comment

Your son is an outlier. Playing BDA or gda to get a pro contract is a con for almost 100 percent of the players involved. Very irresponsible to claim otherwise.
                                And not referring to mls BDA academies. Talking about pay to play youth soccer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X