•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2517923]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

NYCFC GDA weren’t competitive??
    They are not competitive. Look at the results in san diego - across the board. Being successful in local league gives you a false sense of success and competitiveness.

Comment

The 05 team was good but was hit with a rash of injuries in the fall that left them with a very slim roster. They travelled to away games with no subs. Plus two girls left soccer saying the DA was too much soccer for them. Yes, there was some rumbling about the playing time after some new full time players were added. But most of the players added to the roster were Part Time players from the 06 team who were added to get some DA exposure. They are rostered full time on the NYSC 06 team. The PT players have only played in one or two games or maybe a tournament if at all. If you subtract the PT players from the roster, you'll see the real roster size.
      hah, someone showed me an email chain from the parents on that team. It was a hornets nest of complaints about the club and coach. It seemed the parents could not agree among themselves how to handle the situation and everyone was scared of the coach and there daughters playing time.

Comment

On the USSF website right now they got 30 players listed. 10 are 06's and 1 is an 07(?!).
        Looks like they are on the friends and family plan.

Comment

Why all the talk about NYSC teams in a World Class thread?

Comment

Why all the talk about NYSC teams in a World Class thread?
            Because, like it or not, NYSC is the feeder club to NYCFC/WCFC on the girls side...

Comment

On the USSF website right now they got 30 players listed. 10 are 06's and 1 is an 07(?!).
              They have to list anyone who might possibly play up during the season including practice players and anyone who qualifies to play younger but will be rostered primarily on an older team. That doesn't mean that will be their regular roster. You'd have to cross reference the other rosters to see how much overlap there is. Not defending the club but just pointing out the rules. Both DA and ECNL only allow 18 to dress for a game but limited sub rules in DA mean some kids won't play.

Always be leery of any roster that has more than 20 regulars. If you don't think your kid will be a consistent starter you should consider other options.

Comment

I think the point is what kind of dumpster fire of a team needs to put 30 kids on one team's roster?

Comment

They have to list anyone who might possibly play up during the season including practice players and anyone who qualifies to play younger but will be rostered primarily on an older team. That doesn't mean that will be their regular roster. You'd have to cross reference the other rosters to see how much overlap there is. Not defending the club but just pointing out the rules. Both DA and ECNL only allow 18 to dress for a game but limited sub rules in DA mean some kids won't play.

Always be leery of any roster that has more than 20 regulars. If you don't think your kid will be a consistent starter you should consider other options.
                  This is not correct. As long as the player is rostered on one of the DA teams and is of the appropriate age, they don't need to appear on a different age group's roster. If they play with a different team they will be listed in the game report.

Comment

Because, like it or not, NYSC is the feeder club to NYCFC/WCFC on the girls side...
                    Huh. There are 2 girls at NYSC DA who came from WCFC NPL teams, so maybe it’s the other way around?

Comment

Huh. There are 2 girls at NYSC DA who came from WCFC NPL teams, so maybe it’s the other way around?
                      For the past few years many of the better NYSC players have gone on to WCFC. NYSC coaches don't care about the kids or their families and treat them like garbage, unless dad is a board member or some rich finance wiz.

NYSC holds back all info until the very last second because they're scared of kids leaving. So they don't let you know how they screwed things up until the world is on summer vacation.

WCFC is a tough envirnoment but at least you get some communication and they dont treat you like a ATM machine.

Comment

Correct, players who were dropped from the NPL teams often find homes at NYSC

Comment

For the past few years many of the better NYSC players have gone on to WCFC. NYSC coaches don't care about the kids or their families and treat them like garbage, unless dad is a board member or some rich finance wiz.

NYSC holds back all info until the very last second because they're scared of kids leaving. So they don't let you know how they screwed things up until the world is on summer vacation.

WCFC is a tough envirnoment but at least you get some communication and they dont treat you like a ATM machine.
                          Preach = Truth.

Comment

Wow

I'm so surprised to read all of this. My daughter is at NYSC and she loves it! As a parent, we joined 2 years ago and we have had a great experience. We don't feel like we're getting treated poorly, like an ATM machine, or anything negative.

I'm a bit confused why this chain reads so negatively, we are happy where we are at the club. I've been impressed with the coaches, the facilities, the effort from the club to develop my daughter.... my wife and I are happy, my daughter is happy.

What more can you ask for?

Comment

I'm so surprised to read all of this. My daughter is at NYSC and she loves it! As a parent, we joined 2 years ago and we have had a great experience. We don't feel like we're getting treated poorly, like an ATM machine, or anything negative.

I'm a bit confused why this chain reads so negatively, we are happy where we are at the club. I've been impressed with the coaches, the facilities, the effort from the club to develop my daughter.... my wife and I are happy, my daughter is happy.

Your wife hot ?

Comment

You’re confused because you don’t actually believe what you write.

As far as an asking list, how about being honest?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X