Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Farmer is still coaching!!!!!

I was at a showcase and another club coach told me he is still coaching. I didn't even know he was still alive never mind coaching. We did a google search and he is at a D3 school in Kentucky. I didn't imagine he would get another job after what happened at Cornell and getting fired, in 2016.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was at a showcase and another club coach told me he is still coaching. I didn't even know he was still alive never mind coaching. We did a google search and he is at a D3 school in Kentucky. I didn't imagine he would get another job after what happened at Cornell and getting fired, in 2016.
    Who cares.. What happened BTW ?

Comment

we got Farmers, dun, der, dun, der, dun, der, dun, dun, dunnnnnnn

Comment

He was not fired; why are you spreading gossip? That program was atrocious before he got there and going almost 500 in his time there was a huge accomplishment.

He is now at a solid small school in Kentucky.

Comment

He was not fired; why are you spreading gossip? That program was atrocious before he got there and going almost 500 in his time there was a huge accomplishment.

Sun, Sep. 11, 2016, 12:00 p.m.vs San Diego State University, Ithaca, N.Y., Berman Field,
          0-1 loss

SDSU right winger gets inside of Cornell left back on through ball and gets taken down, PK, goal.

Player is substituted. Game resumes, heated, loud argument between the player and PF on the sideline. PF is a big guy, weighs over 500 lbs. and escalated into him "accidently" pushing her. Incident could be seen on game video, but that segment came down days later.

Story comes from previous players, asst. coaches and athletic dept. staff, he got fired.

Comment

Sun, Sep. 11, 2016, 12:00 p.m.vs San Diego State University, Ithaca, N.Y., Berman Field,
            0-1 loss

SDSU right winger gets inside of Cornell left back on through ball and gets taken down, PK, goal.

Player is substituted. Game resumes, heated, loud argument between the player and PF on the sideline. PF is a big guy, weighs over 500 lbs. and escalated into him "accidently" pushing her. Incident could be seen on game video, but that segment came down days later.

Story comes from previous players, asst. coaches and athletic dept. staff, he got fired.
            Ok, so he left the program on September 11 or 12 of that year?

Comment

0-1 loss

500 lbs? Your estimation abilities need some serious work.

Comment

Ok, so he left the program on September 11 or 12 of that year?
                Investigation ensued, then suspension, then parent of player threatened assault lawsuit, Cornell fired coach PF.

Comment

Overall record, 30-44-8, .41%

Ivy League record, 7-25-3, .24%

He failed miserably plus players hated playing for him, condescending, always complaining, degrading
                  2012.* 1-14-1, 0-6-1 8th place, 8 teams in Ivy
                  2013.* 7-8-1, 1-6-0 8th
                  2014.* 8-9-0, 2-5-0 7th
                  2015.* 9-4-4, 2-4-1 5th
                  2016.* 5-9-2, 2-4-1 6th

Comment

Overall record, 30-44-8, .41%

Ivy League record, 7-25-3, .24%

He failed miserably plus players hated playing for him, condescending, always complaining, degrading
                    2012.* 1-14-1, 0-6-1 8th place, 8 teams in Ivy
                    2013.* 7-8-1, 1-6-0 8th
                    2014.* 8-9-0, 2-5-0 7th
                    2015.* 9-4-4, 2-4-1 5th
                    2016.* 5-9-2, 2-4-1 6th
                    He joined in 2012, not his team or recruits; his results in ensuing years show considerable improvement in non-conference games, some improvement in Ivy results, and all results dropped off the table after he left.

For five years before he got there, Ivy 2-31-2:

2007 4 12 0 0-7-0 (Ivy)
                    2008 2 12 1 1-6-0
                    2009 1 13 1 0-7-0
                    2010 6 8 1 1-5-1
                    2011 2 13 1 0-6-1

Since he left:

2017 2-9-3 (0-5-2 Ivy)
                    2018 1-13-1 (0-7)

So yeah, I think he did okay while he was there. You appear to have some inside information regarding his coaching style and its effect on players, maybe your daughter played for him, who knows. Not here to champion him or vilify Cornell program; I have nothing but respect for college players, i know its hard to do both, especially at a school like Cornell. I am just looking at numbers, would hardly characterize them as failing miserably.

Comment

0-1 loss

Any video footage?

Comment

He joined in 2012, not his team or recruits; his results in ensuing years show considerable improvement in non-conference games, some improvement in Ivy results, and all results dropped off the table after he left.

For five years before he got there, Ivy 2-31-2:

2007 4 12 0 0-7-0 (Ivy)
                        2008 2 12 1 1-6-0
                        2009 1 13 1 0-7-0
                        2010 6 8 1 1-5-1
                        2011 2 13 1 0-6-1

Since he left:

2017 2-9-3 (0-5-2 Ivy)
                        2018 1-13-1 (0-7)

So yeah, I think he did okay while he was there. You appear to have some inside information regarding his coaching style and its effect on players, maybe your daughter played for him, who knows. Not here to champion him or vilify Cornell program; I have nothing but respect for college players, i know its hard to do both, especially at a school like Cornell. I am just looking at numbers, would hardly characterize them as failing miserably.
                        So they weren't good before him, weren't good with him, are not good after him which makes him not successful like the others. The game passed him by over 20 years ago. Where was he before Cornell? An asst. for four years at Wisconsin. She hired him as a favor because she was his asst. at Penn State way back in the day. For four years he was applying to jobs all over the country. D1,D2, D3, no one would hire him. He applied to his alma mater, St. Lawrence Univ in upstate NY and even they wouldn't give him an interview. That speaks volumes.

Comment

So they weren't good before him, weren't good with him, are not good after him which makes him not successful like the others. The game passed him by over 20 years ago. Where was he before Cornell? An asst. for four years at Wisconsin. She hired him as a favor because she was his asst. at Penn State way back in the day. For four years he was applying to jobs all over the country. D1,D2, D3, no one would hire him. He applied to his alma mater, St. Lawrence Univ in upstate NY and even they wouldn't give him an interview. That speaks volumes.
                          So I guess the Transylvania team did poorly this year? Not quite.

Sorry, the coach’s results do not fit your narrative. Again, you must have some history or a real axe to grind with this coach; no one cares or knows that much about some coach with a peripheral connection to soccer in this area. What is it?

Comment

So I guess the Transylvania team did poorly this year? Not quite.

Sorry, the coach’s results do not fit your narrative. Again, you must have some history or a real axe to grind with this coach; no one cares or knows that much about some coach with a peripheral connection to soccer in this area. What is it?
                            Most of these threads are anonymous trolls settling scores. No one should take this stuff to seriously.

Comment

It doesn't surprise me he couldn't get a job at any level for 4 years after getting fired at Syracuse. Players described him as creepy and grumpy. The administration had enough of him. He didn't help himself by stating to other staff that the only reason his boss, the African-American athletic director, got the job at Syracuse only because of his skin color. Ouch. Maybe it slipped out during one of his many drunken episodes after drinking but once the AD found out, that was the end of Farmer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X