Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Curriculum?

Should there be a national curriculum of training to be followed by every club in the country for players that harbor dreams of making a national team or even college
    For example:
    All u8 players in club academies week 1 of training run the same session
    All u10 players playing for club week 8 of training run same session
    All u16 players run same session week 24
    Etc..
    Many successful clubs overseas have training programs that they have developed and run each and every player through every year. There is little to no wriggle room and any coach at the academy can run any session.
    Can we do the same on a national level, which would radically equal the playing field?
    Players that don’t promote must leave the program and play at lower division.
    If successful, the training regimen can filter down to even town ball.

All clubs must agree to train the same session that is provided by a national organization, ideally USSF or similar sanctioning body, if they choose to to be a Nat’l team approved club.
    Maybe we start with all encl clubs at u8 and by u13/14 we have a pool of equally trained players throughout the country who may show promise for nat’l inclusion.

I believe a system like that would provide tremendous opportunity and ease of team selection.
    Any coach could run the sessions taking away the good vs bad discussion and would help equalize the training process for all involved.
    It would also ensure that players are properly trained for the college game as well.

Too radical?
    Too early?

I sense your motivation is pure, and I see how a common curriculum, and associated rubrics for common assessment could theoretically democratize talent identification and promote worthy players regardless of club affiliation.

Does this solve or reinforce the "robots" issue?
    Are we stifling creativity? Aren't diverse players and playing styles good for the game?
    Hasn't this been dome before in ODP?
    What about differentiation? Clubs and parents NEED to say they are doing more.

Ultimately, i think what you are proposing is un-American

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I sense your motivation is pure, and I see how a common curriculum, and associated rubrics for common assessment could theoretically democratize talent identification and promote worthy players regardless of club affiliation.

Does this solve or reinforce the "robots" issue?
      Are we stifling creativity? Aren't diverse players and playing styles good for the game?
      Hasn't this been dome before in ODP?
      What about differentiation? Clubs and parents NEED to say they are doing more.

Ultimately, i think what you are proposing is un-American
      Wow, I should have my soccer clearances revoked.
      Is the status quo working?

Comment

Should there be a national curriculum of training to be followed by every club in the country for players that harbor dreams of making a national team or even college
        For example:
        All u8 players in club academies week 1 of training run the same session
        All u10 players playing for club week 8 of training run same session
        All u16 players run same session week 24
        Etc..
        Many successful clubs overseas have training programs that they have developed and run each and every player through every year. There is little to no wriggle room and any coach at the academy can run any session.
        Can we do the same on a national level, which would radically equal the playing field?
        Players that don’t promote must leave the program and play at lower division.
        If successful, the training regimen can filter down to even town ball.

All clubs must agree to train the same session that is provided by a national organization, ideally USSF or similar sanctioning body, if they choose to to be a Nat’l team approved club.
        Maybe we start with all encl clubs at u8 and by u13/14 we have a pool of equally trained players throughout the country who may show promise for nat’l inclusion.

I believe a system like that would provide tremendous opportunity and ease of team selection.
        Any coach could run the sessions taking away the good vs bad discussion and would help equalize the training process for all involved.
        It would also ensure that players are properly trained for the college game as well.

Too radical?
        Too early?
        I think I know which political party you belong to

Comment

Well it's not working with DA either. As the governing body shouldn't USSF be the ones to figure out a way to work with what we have, rather than impose a structure that doesn't work with the reality of for profit clubs, US geography, appeal of HS sports, focus on education/college....?

Comment

Yes, its working beautifully.
            The system in all countries optimizes for the goals of those who pay.

Comment

Yes, its working beautifully.
              The system in all countries optimizes for the goals of those who pay.
              Yes it does.

Comment

Lets be clear about one thing. The soccer agenda in all countries is to make Money.
                The "soccer culture" countries get their rereturns at the professional level and clubs are motivated to fund youth development. They also unceremoniously dump most of those players leaving them with few options (GPS coach?). That is one system, and it has its pros and it is rife with corruption and exploitation. The US is another system with its own pros (collij edgakashun) and cons (pay to play)

Comment

Lets be clear about one thing. The soccer agenda in all countries is to make Money.
                  The "soccer culture" countries get their rereturns at the professional level and clubs are motivated to fund youth development. They also unceremoniously dump most of those players leaving them with few options (GPS coach?). That is one system, and it has its pros and it is rife with corruption and exploitation. The US is another system with its own pros (collij edgakashun) and cons (pay to play)
                  True. This pay to play has some advantages. Winning world cups is not one of them however.

Comment

True. This pay to play has some advantages. Winning world cups is not one of them however.
                    Agreed. My family is 100% ok with that

Comment

Agreed. My family is 100% ok with that
                      No difference if anyone is or is not ok with it, it just is reality. Sports are like that. You play and a champ emerges. Opinions have nothing to do with it.

Comment

Isn’t there a thread next door on the failure of pay to play?

This is merely meant to be a thought starter on something different

Comment

Isn’t there a thread next door on the failure of pay to play?

This is merely meant to be a thought starter on something different
                          National Curriculum may be one of the dumbest ideas ever put forward on TS

Comment

Isn't that what DA is?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              Thank you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X