Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYCSL didn't get hit too hard by EDP move.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCSL didn't get hit too hard by EDP move.

I compared alignments from this fall to last fall and while there are less teams registered this fall compared to last, it's pretty close.

Even at the highest levels it looks like the "super clubs" are generally having it's teams playing in both NPL and EDP rather than choosing one exclusively.

Link to alignments.

http://www.nyclubsoccerleague.com/ht...ASON=FALL+2018

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I compared alignments from this fall to last fall and while there are less teams registered this fall compared to last, it's pretty close.

Even at the highest levels it looks like the "super clubs" are generally having it's teams playing in both NPL and EDP rather than choosing one exclusively.
      Check it out more carefully. A teams are in EDP for the most part.

I did a comparison, too, and EDP and its new National League thing is much the stronger league.

Comment

Check it out more carefully. A teams are in EDP for the most part.

I did a comparison, too, and EDP and its new National League thing is much the stronger league.
        I think you're right, but just curiously, how can you tell by the listing in the alignments which is the A team or B team?

Comment

I think you're right, but just curiously, how can you tell by the listing in the alignments which is the A team or B team?
          Do you have a link to the EDP alignments?

Comment

Do you have a link to the EDP alignments?
            EDP alignments are expected around Aug 3rd.

Comment

EDP alignments are expected around Aug 3rd.
              Sorry, Aug 8th.

Comment

Sorry, Aug 8th.
                Thank you.

Comment

You can see which EDP teams were accepted though...

Comment

Can someone explain the difference for me?

Am I right in saying that EDP is under USYS while NYCSL is under the USClub umbrella?

Also, how does competition compare?

Is EDP competing with NPL?

Comment

Supposedly EDP is more competitive but NPL has some very good teams in it.. Alot of travel involved. With multiple kids, it's very tough ...

Comment

It depends.

In the past, my son competed in New Jersey's top-flight EDP leagues. While primarily the league consisted of teams from NJ there were some local NY teams sprinkled in each table. The main reason we entered the league was for the higher standard of competition outside of Long Island. IMO, I felt NJ teams were a bit more blue-collar and the players worked harder and were more dedicated.

If the NY version of EDP attempts to be a bastardized version of our current top Non-DA leagues then the league will probably be weaker because they will not get every team to defect. If the league does gain any traction in the future their competitors will introduce the next "Big" thing and try to put a fork in them.

Too, too many leagues.

Comment

I agree and can't keep track of all these new leagues and which is best etc.
                          Just enjoy watching your child play.. Before you know it they will be hanging up the cleats.

Comment

All the leagues re too hard to keep track of now. My D is U12 playing NPL. Her team appears to have gone all US Club and not fielding EDP teams anymore. No big deal as long as we get to play some of those teams at tournaments or state cup but it seems so silly to limit the pool of teams against which they can compete.

Comment

All the leagues re too hard to keep track of now. My D is U12 playing NPL. Her team appears to have gone all US Club and not fielding EDP teams anymore. No big deal as long as we get to play some of those teams at tournaments or state cup but it seems so silly to limit the pool of teams against which they can compete.
                              That's kind of an odd statement considering the primary feature of NPL is having you play the same exact teams year in and year out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X