Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I bash SUSA all the time, but for good reason.

If you are on one of their A teams you generally get excellent training, access to high end leagues, access to high end tournaments and all that for what I consider to be a fairly reasonable price.

However, if you are on one of their lower teams you are paying the same money to be on low division mediocre teams at best that are essentially town teams, receive poor and inconsistent training and are lucky if your assigned coach bothers to show up to your practices and even your games. Plus you get rescheduled constantly and have about zero chance of being moved up to one of the top teams despite claims to the contrary. Oh, and you are playing on the same crappy fields you played on before.

But my biggest problem is how they got most of their teams in the first place. Plan A is that they approach club presidents privately and Eddie Hackett offers huge sums of money, personally to the club president, to bring over all their teams. In our clubs case the sum offered was $50,000, and we are a small club. I suspect that the presidents of Dix Hills and Commack got two to three times that figure. If they fail to persuade the club President they then go directly to the coaches and trainers and Eddie offers them straight up cash bribes to bring the teams over. From what my coaches are telling me they were offered between $3,000 and $5,000 per team to make the move.

I want to make it very clear that this money was not going to the club or anywhere else where it would benefit the players and their families. This offer was for money paid secretly to specific individuals as straight up bribes to bring the teams over. Then after a year when the parents realize that they are paying a lot of money for no reason they leave. Then the coaches that were bribed to bring those kids over don't have their "contract" renewed. And what would have otherwise been a nice town team is broken up after on one year, but hey, at least SUSA got to pump as much money out of the parents as they could for that year so it's all good, right?
    I believe you- That's how SUSA works

#SUSALIFE haha

Comment

If you are on one of their A teams you generally get excellent training, access to high end leagues, access to high end tournaments and all that for what I consider to be a fairly reasonable price.

However, if you are on one of their lower teams you are paying the same money to be on low division mediocre teams at best that are essentially town teams, receive poor and inconsistent training and are lucky if your assigned coach bothers to show up to your practices and even your games. Plus you get rescheduled constantly and have about zero chance of being moved up to one of the top teams despite claims to the contrary. Oh, and you are playing on the same crappy fields you played on before.

But my biggest problem is how they got most of their teams in the first place. Plan A is that they approach club presidents privately and Eddie Hackett offers huge sums of money, personally to the club president, to bring over all their teams. In our clubs case the sum offered was $50,000, and we are a small club. I suspect that the presidents of Dix Hills and Commack got two to three times that figure. If they fail to persuade the club President they then go directly to the coaches and trainers and Eddie offers them straight up cash bribes to bring the teams over. From what my coaches are telling me they were offered between $3,000 and $5,000 per team to make the move.

I want to make it very clear that this money was not going to the club or anywhere else where it would benefit the players and their families. This offer was for money paid secretly to specific individuals as straight up bribes to bring the teams over. Then after a year when the parents realize that they are paying a lot of money for no reason they leave. Then the coaches that were bribed to bring those kids over don't have their "contract" renewed. And what would have otherwise been a nice town team is broken up after on one year, but hey, at least SUSA got to pump as much money out of the parents as they could for that year so it's all good, right?
      So basically, you're only here to bash a club that broke up your kid's town team. I'm not sure who Eddie is, but he's not involved with my daughter's ECNL or NPL team so tbh, I don't really care. I'm sorry the growth of a club happened in a manner that you see unfit, but I'm coming to realize that youth sports are a big business. Like I said before, Susa was the best option for my daughter, today-in present tense. What they may or may not have done in years past to be able to offer her this opportunity is irrelevant to her.

Comment

#susalife

It's a win for SUSA always. You pay a coach between 3k to 5k to bring his team and you get like 45k+ from parents in Fees. Who cares if some of them leave after 1 year. You still made a profit. I don't see how families keep falling for it. Pay to Play model is the worst. Only clubs, coaches and trainers really benefit.

Comment

So basically, you're only here to bash a club that broke up your kid's town team. I'm not sure who Eddie is, but he's not involved with my daughter's ECNL or NPL team so tbh, I don't really care. I'm sorry the growth of a club happened in a manner that you see unfit, but I'm coming to realize that youth sports are a big business. Like I said before, Susa was the best option for my daughter, today-in present tense. What they may or may not have done in years past to be able to offer her this opportunity is irrelevant to her.
          Actually my club said no and every one of my coaches said no because they were smart enough to realize that it was a dead end for them. Teams would not be kept intact past the first year and if the parents ever found out that they were tricked into paying sky-high SUSA teams so that their coach or club President would personally get a few thousand bucks in their pocket that that would be the end for them in their local soccer club.

BTW, Eddie runs the damn program so he is involved in your kids team.

But hey, if you are fine with it, good for you. I said up front that the top teams are good, get good training and for what top teams cost at some other clubs, the price is fair. It's just the other 80% of the club that is getting f-ed over but you have made it clear that you don't give a crap about anyone else but your own kid so that isn't an issue for you.

Comment

NYCFC GDA would crush any SUSA team, and it’s much cheaper!

Comment

It's a win for SUSA always. You pay a coach between 3k to 5k to bring his team and you get like 45k+ from parents in Fees. Who cares if some of them leave after 1 year. You still made a profit. I don't see how families keep falling for it. Pay to Play model is the worst. Only clubs, coaches and trainers really benefit.
              It takes a special kind of a-hole to take that bribe and screw over the team and club, but people do immoral things for money all the time. Why should soccer coaches and club presidents be any different?

Comment

Actually my club said no and every one of my coaches said no because they were smart enough to realize that it was a dead end for them. Teams would not be kept intact past the first year and if the parents ever found out that they were tricked into paying sky-high SUSA teams so that their coach or club President would personally get a few thousand bucks in their pocket that that would be the end for them in their local soccer club.

BTW, Eddie runs the damn program so he is involved in your kids team.

But hey, if you are fine with it, good for you. I said up front that the top teams are good, get good training and for what top teams cost at some other clubs, the price is fair. It's just the other 80% of the club that is getting f-ed over but you have made it clear that you don't give a crap about anyone else but your own kid so that isn't an issue for you.
                Ok, so I looked it up and it seems this Eddie guy doesn't "run the damn program" he is the boy's DOC, so no-he has nothing to do with my daughter's team. And tbh, my top priority is 100%, my own kid. I'm sorry your son's town team broke up, but that has zero influence over the decisions my family will make regarding where my daughter plays soccer.

Comment

Ok, so I looked it up and it seems this Eddie guy doesn't "run the damn program" he is the boy's DOC, so no-he has nothing to do with my daughter's team. And tbh, my top priority is 100%, my own kid. I'm sorry your son's town team broke up, but that has zero influence over the decisions my family will make regarding where my daughter plays soccer.
                  Eddie is the boys DOC, on top of running the whole soccer end of things, regardless of what you found on the SUSA website.

And again, none of the teams in my club broke up over this. I resent the business plan.

Lastly, yes, you made it quite clear that you don't give a damn about anyone else in the world. Not something to brag about.

Comment

Eddie is the boys DOC, on top of running the whole soccer end of things, regardless of what you found on the SUSA website.

And again, none of the teams in my club broke up over this. I resent the business plan.

Lastly, yes, you made it quite clear that you don't give a damn about anyone else in the world. Not something to brag about.
                    Who said I don't "give a damn about anyone else in the world"? I said what a soccer club did to grow their business a few years ago, does not influence my family's decision on whether or not she plays for said soccer club. My daughter wanted a chance to play ECNL, Susa is giving her that chance. Period.

And btw, you more than "resent their business plan". This is personal for you, at least own up to it, your hiding behind a keyboard bashing a club all day long is quite cowardly. I've admitted why it's personal to me and my family, you just seem jealous and bitter and a bit unhinged. Good luck to you and your son.

Comment

Who said I don't "give a damn about anyone else in the world"? I said what a soccer club did to grow their business a few years ago, does not influence my family's decision on whether or not she plays for said soccer club. My daughter wanted a chance to play ECNL, Susa is giving her that chance. Period.

And btw, you more than "resent their business plan". This is personal for you, at least own up to it, your hiding behind a keyboard bashing a club all day long is quite cowardly. I've admitted why it's personal to me and my family, you just seem jealous and bitter and a bit unhinged. Good luck to you and your son.
                      This is not a "few years ago". This is still their current business plan. They just already got the low hanging fruit so they aren't pulling teams in as fast as they had previously.

Not sure you are getting upset. You have openly stated multiple times now that all you care about is that your daughter playing ECNL and she is. You should be happy, not pissed off that some random person on the internet doesn't like SUSA.

Comment

This is not a "few years ago". This is still their current business plan. They just already got the low hanging fruit so they aren't pulling teams in as fast as they had previously.

Not sure you are getting upset. You have openly stated multiple times now that all you care about is that your daughter playing ECNL and she is. You should be happy, not pissed off that some random person on the internet doesn't like SUSA.
                        Not sure why you are getting upset. (left out the why)

Comment

It just seems like you want to bash Susa, which is sad because I'm actually talking about my kid. My kid who decided she wants to explore playing in college and felt the opportunity to play ECNL would give her a stronger platform. We live a solid hour from East Meadow and my kid is a 3 sport athlete in school, so having her finish school sports at 5pm on practice days and race out to East Meadow to train for 2 hours and then back another hour just wasn't as feasible an option as Susa. Plus, she's coming off an NPL team so I'm not even sure she would've gotten any playing time at East Meadow either. At least with Susa, if she doesn't get a decent amount of playing time on ECNL, she can play on another team, that wasn't an option at all with East Meadow because their ECNL and NPL teams are completely seperate entities.
                          You guys can bash the club as much as you want, it was the best option for my kid. It may not be perfect, but it's perfect for us!
                          That is an option at EM. ECNL players are given the opportunity to play for their NPL if they aren't rostered for a game.

Comment

SUSA may be the best option for you kid.

SUSA is also hurting the sport by using underhanded tactics that fleece and harm soccer players, parents, clubs and leagues.

The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

That is an option at EM. ECNL players are given the opportunity to play for their NPL if they aren't rostered for a game.
                              Right, if you want to travel to Smithtown. Even then, don't believe a word anyone at EM tells you.

Comment

More SUSA tryouts????

Right, if you want to travel to Smithtown. Even then, don't believe a word anyone at EM tells you.
                                Hmmm, who to believe, i'd put my money on EM

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X