Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weymouth has a stud goalie and a stud forward. Tough combo to beat

Comment

Marshfield loses best player to graduation and top 2 upcoming seniors to private schools. And their coach left too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        And these are all teams that can make a run in the south this year.
        Don't forget Dartmouth. All of those 5 moving to south div 2 are tourney teams, 4 of them were top 10 seeds in south div 1 last year

Comment

Don't forget Dartmouth. All of those 5 moving to south div 2 are tourney teams, 4 of them were top 10 seeds in south div 1 last year
          I don't know enough about Dartmouth to comment, but that area is a strong soccer area. Even though I'm pretty sure they were a senior stocked team, they should be able to rebound next year, so yes, there's another one to add to the list.

Comment

Weymouth has a stud goalie and a stud forward. Tough combo to beat
            Agree Weymouth will be good, and those players are good, but it takes more. Isn't that the goalie for Blazers, which conceded a lot of goals in State Cup on Saturday? And Blazers defense is better than Weymouth's. He will be the best goalie in the league, but the team will need more.

Comment

North #1 = has a club coach
              Agree that North should improve, but will be surprised if they lead the league. Isn't it the same coach as last year? Didn't the team fall rather than rise? The coach needs players.

Comment

predictions for bay state:

Herget

Wellesley
                Natick
                Walpole
                Milton
                Norwood
                Dedham

Carey

Needham
                Brookline
                Framingham
                Weymouth
                Braintree
                Newton North
                Why Brookline so high? Framingham may be best of the bigger schools, followed by Needham and Weymouth. Braintree still is unproven. Yes, they won a couple tourney games, but they barely qualified, so jury's still out on them. NN hopefully will be better, but just qualifying for the tourney will be difficult.
                Dedham will finish ahead of Norwood and Milton this year!

Comment

Dover-Sherborn will be better this year; Medway also a contender.
                  A-B and C-C should lead the DCL.
                  What about Big Three and St Johns Danvers - any of them potentially dominant?

Comment

Agree Weymouth will be good, and those players are good, but it takes more. Isn't that the goalie for Blazers, which conceded a lot of goals in State Cup on Saturday? And Blazers defense is better than Weymouth's. He will be the best goalie in the league, but the team will need more.
                    I think the kid is a good goalie but he also coughed up the Eastern Mass final on a pretty soft goal that he should have handled. Hopefully he redeems himself this season.

Who is this stud forward? There best players last year were all seniors. Both *****'s are gone. JB and AT are gone. I didn't see any studs on that team outside of ML, JL and JB. They had a few other good players but studs? I don't know.

Comment

I think the kid is a good goalie but he also coughed up the Eastern Mass final on a pretty soft goal that he should have handled. Hopefully he redeems himself this season.

Who is this stud forward? There best players last year were all seniors. Both *****'s are gone. JB and AT are gone. I didn't see any studs on that team outside of ML, JL and JB. They had a few other good players but studs? I don't know.
                      He didn't play last year. Brazilian kid I think

Comment

He didn't play last year. Brazilian kid I think
                        Ok, interesting. I was pretty down on Weymouth for this season but if they do have a stud then they always have depth to back that up. I just wasn't sure if they were going to have the top end talent to really be players like they usually are.

Comment

How does the hock look?

Comment

Brookline

dont sleep on brookline in the Carey, 2 boys from the u17 state champion MPS Knights and many other very good club players

Comment

dont sleep on brookline in the Carey, 2 boys from the u17 state champion MPS Knights and many other very good club players
                              Are you suggesting they'll be a league leader this year, or that they'll test some of the leaders in a few games while on the bubble of tournament qualification. Big difference. It's doubtful they can score consistently enough to threaten the others.

Comment

They have the best goalkeeper in the league as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X