Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK, honks. The "practice questionnaire" has moved to its own thread: http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=154132

And so far, the questions have been answered by someone from WashT, and someone from Westside.

Crickets, so far, from BSC, CFC, FC, Crossfire, and most notably, TA.

It's one thing if the cash-strapped local clubs don't provide a full-fledged training environment with all the bells and whistles a lot of the things on the list are expensive, both in terms of equipment and manpower. For many clubs, a coach and a bag of balls is all they have the budget for, not without charging parents $3k or more a year. But a pro club ought to at least have better answers to SOME of the questions on the list......
    From our experience with the MLS Timbers DA, we had to sign a proprietary information agreement when our son was selected and cannot share what your looking for, especially on an anonymous forum. Suggestion have your kid tryout, if they make it, all will be revealed.

Comment

From our experience with the MLS Timbers DA, we had to sign a proprietary information agreement when our son was selected and cannot share what your looking for, especially on an anonymous forum. Suggestion have your kid tryout, if they make it, all will be revealed.
      Snort. Nice one. Would hate to think anybody would seriously post something as asinine as this and be serious. Given all the comments on this site about how elite and superior that group is (without any results to back it up) one would think TA Honk's would all be on here boasting about the vastly superior training they receive. Curiously, they are not.

Comment

Snort. Nice one. Would hate to think anybody would seriously post something as asinine as this and be serious. Given all the comments on this site about how elite and superior that group is (without any results to back it up) one would think TA Honk's would all be on here boasting about the vastly superior training they receive. Curiously, they are not.
        because they don't owe you anything on this ridiculous, yet entertaining, forum. you root so hard for others to fail. I cant think of reading too many threads that TA folks are crowing about thier superiority. Its mostly just you whining. I have girls and 2 years ago boys weren't discussed here. But as i said, your whining can be entertaining. Carry on ax grinder!

Comment

because they don't owe you anything on this ridiculous, yet entertaining, forum. you root so hard for others to fail. I cant think of reading too many threads that TA folks are crowing about thier superiority. Its mostly just you whining. I have girls and 2 years ago boys weren't discussed here. But as i said, your whining can be entertaining. Carry on ax grinder!
          Of course you have 2 girls and are on the 05 boys forum, defending the 05 TA boys. There are plenty of honks like yourself on here who have made plenty of disparaging remarks about "Little DA" and how all of the talent is at TA. You are almost as much of a joke as TA is at U14. Did you clear that post with Mr. Billups before you made it?

Comment

Back during the Cold War, a Russian scientist wanted to go visit his cousin in France, so he went to the commisars to apply for an exit visa.

Eventually, he went to his interview and was told "Sorry, Comrade, but you may not leave Soviet Union."

"Why not"?

"Because you have state secrets"

"What do you mean? We are twenty years behind West."

"Da. That's the secret".

Comment

RF, TM and TE are good players...no argument there. But a team of "little DA" players could beat them. I fail to see how anybody is naive enough to think otherwise. Listen, there are a lot of kids who are really good players who wanted nothing to do with TA. A lot of kids who play the right way, and are selfless players. TA has a lot of selfish players and a hierarchy that must be adhered to. I believe we have heard about the ODP whit and green teams from a year ago. Nothing has changed. Both sets of kids have both been doing DA, and it could be argued the "Little DA" kids have developed more, while the TA kids have developed egos. Oh well, TA is too scared to play any local competition so it doesn't matter anyway.
              Who would be on this “little DA” all star team?

Comment

I wasn't there. Maybe it was a bad day at the office; or the other team was on fire.

But usually, 9-0 means something was seriously wrong. Crossfire did well to finish fifth, and took out a really good team in Albion. But the drop in quality from the top four to the rest of the field is significant.

Besides. There's no shame in "we ran into a better team from a soccer-rich part of the country, and got beaten". That sounds a bit more respectable than "we had a bad plane flight, so ignore our first game--in truth we kicked azz, woohoo!" Y'all are starting to act like Westside used, before all the crazies left.
                Funny how the whole narrative changes to fit your neat and tidy story! Not sure how it goes from so cal da soccer is a hotbed full of incredibly talented teams, all of which would destroy ANY team from Oregon and or Washington (including TA) to what you spew above. I just don’t get your bipolar nature??? You talk out of your azz so much your breathe smells like a turd...

Oh and quick question, how did the “far superior” washington teams that TA struggled to a barely .500 record with do at surf???

Comment

Your mom and the slytherins and of course they will need a goal scorers so AJS...

Comment

Soccer players dummass

Comment

Of course you have 2 girls and are on the 05 boys forum, defending the 05 TA boys. There are plenty of honks like yourself on here who have made plenty of disparaging remarks about "Little DA" and how all of the talent is at TA. You are almost as much of a joke as TA is at U14. Did you clear that post with Mr. Billups before you made it?
                      I wasnt defending anyone, because most of the posts here are indefensible. And yes, I click on this thread because its maddeningly entertaining to read your full throttled and very petty hissy fits. Keep at it angry man!

Comment

I wasnt defending anyone, because most of the posts here are indefensible. And yes, I click on this thread because its maddeningly entertaining to read your full throttled and very petty hissy fits. Keep at it angry man!
                        How so you know that it's a man? Could be a woman? In fact, they maybe prefer the pronoun, "We, They, Us." You should never make assumptions about people...much the same way you should not assume that kids playing Oregon DA are somehow inferior to an academy team that was bought and paid for by a Dad with an agenda.

Comment

Soccer players dummass
                          Haha, that is classic......

I will go one step farther and say a couple kids from FC, a couple from United pdx, 4-5 each from wash timbers and xfire a player or so each from capital and the now defunct eastside(any idea if their top player from last year did in fact go to xfire?)

Comment

I will go one step farther and say a couple kids from FC, a couple from United pdx, 4-5 each from wash timbers and xfire a player or so each from capital and the now defunct eastside(any idea if their top player from last year did in fact go to xfire?)
                            Here, fishy fishy fishy fishy fishy!

Comment

Here, fishy fishy fishy fishy fishy!
                              There are some nice players on TA, no doubt. However, there are the same amount in Oregon DA. There is just no clear distinction. Coaching? Nope. Great coaches in Oregon DA. Training? ODP more than likely. Especially considering that not one TA parent, intern, or coach on here has Jack chit to say now. TA is nothing more than the "same ol same ol."

Comment

A huge chunk of the good players with actual ability in 05 DA last year were 06s. Does this little DA all-star team get them, too?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X