X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    where is that website?
    ....Brockton was very good and the giant is back....but these rankings are sooooo meaningless.
    talk a ride on google. coaches pool preseason.. its there lazy

Comment

Yes, LT is back and enough around him to be favorites to repeat. Rankings are laughable. Last year Boston Globe & US coaches poll didn't even have Brockton listed for the most of the season. I'm sure the Globe has Nauset #1 in their rankings already!
      Does LT play any club soccer?

Comment

Does LT play any club soccer?
        Valeo

Comment

Valeo
          Actually several of Brockton’s players are with Valeo. I think they have phased out the wealthy newton white folk by now.

Comment

Actually several of Brockton’s players are with Valeo. I think they have phased out the wealthy newton white folk by now.
            Great, how about the Valeo coach/ Umass Boston player who physically assaulted the ref and the opposing team last fall. Is he still on board? The worst...

Comment

Great, how about the Valeo coach/ Umass Boston player who physically assaulted the ref and the opposing team last fall. Is he still on board? The worst...
              That was in 2016, not last year.

Comment

brockton rocks

Brocktons squad last year was the best HS team I have ever seen! I honestly think they would have been all the D3 colleges in Mass....yep, that good! They have several D1 college starters on that squad, easy!

talk a ride on google. coaches pool preseason.. its there lazy

Comment

Brocktons squad last year was the best HS team I have ever seen! I honestly think they would have been all the D3 colleges in Mass....yep, that good! They have several D1 college starters on that squad, easy!
                  I've never seen the Brockton team play, but given that the entire state will produce roughly a dozen D1 starters each year (see, e.g., http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...tments&page=68), it seems exceedingly unlikely that there would be several D1 starters on the same HS team.

And with regard to the claim that they would have beaten all of the D3 colleges in the state: MA may have the strongest collection of D3 college soccer teams in the country. Tufts has won two of the last four national championships. Amherst won the championship two years ago. Brandeis has been in the last two final fours. So your statement amounts to a claim that a high school team would be a strong contender for winning the national D3 championship. I'm skeptical, to say the least.

Comment

I've never seen the Brockton team play, but given that the entire state will produce roughly a dozen D1 starters each year (see, e.g., http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...tments&page=68), it seems exceedingly unlikely that there would be several D1 starters on the same HS team.

And with regard to the claim that they would have beaten all of the D3 colleges in the state: MA may have the strongest collection of D3 college soccer teams in the country. Tufts has won two of the last four national championships. Amherst won the championship two years ago. Brandeis has been in the last two final fours. So your statement amounts to a claim that a high school team would be a strong contender for winning the national D3 championship. I'm skeptical, to say the least.

So good that they barely got by needham and almost lost to Longmeadow. I suppose those teams also have many D1 starters.

Comment

Pre-season Top 10 D1 projections?

So let's hear some preseason top 10 D1 projections. Go...

Comment

Thanks Dad. Such absurd comments.

Comment

There's really no way you can effectively rank teams before the season, never mind a national ranking. A year is a huge difference, you have players coming up from jv's that have to fill in, you never know how one player will physically mature from one year to the next. I usually don't do any rankings until at least the 5th game of the season. Nauset is the perfect example. You would think they would've been better in 2017 than in 2016 with all of those players coming back, but then lost that one kid that was an all-American and it totally changed their team.
                          Last edited by AlexFilides; 08-15-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

SL

Silver Lake has the potential to win D1 south this year. Experienced junior and senior classes with top talent returning and addition of a bolts academy player back to the team.

Comment

Silver Lake has the potential to win D1 south this year. Experienced junior and senior classes with top talent returning and addition of a bolts academy player back to the team.
                              Since the sectional championship back in 2013 with PB, they have underachieved the last four years. Lucky to survive the first round last year against Durfee. Weak schedule doesn't help in the tourney

Comment

I'll be up in Boston next week, feel free to post any scrimmages that are taking place.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X