Girls DA - ins and outs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East and west not fooling anyone just call it what it is .A moneygrab.Fools and thier cash are soon parted.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      East and west not fooling anyone just call it what it is .A moneygrab.Fools and thier cash are soon parted.
      So what you do is smart, what others do is foolish. Got it.

Comment

Looking at the Stars Cup brackets, I don't think there should be any doubt that East is A, West is B.

East in the Top bracket; West in the 2nd bracket.

Lots of money and effort to be playing on a "Select" team...
        For a club you claim to be smart enough to avoid, you clearly remain quite interested.
        I bet you carry this inferiority complex around the office and obsess about people's titles

Comment

For a club you claim to be smart enough to avoid, you clearly remain quite interested.
          I bet you carry this inferiority complex around the office and obsess about people's titles
          Stars Select. Has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Question, how does it work if a U15 DA player has a HS game (private school waiver) and a DA game on the same day? Are they excused from the DA game or the HS game?

Comment

Question, how does it work if a U15 DA player has a HS game (private school waiver) and a DA game on the same day? Are they excused from the DA game or the HS game?
              I expect it's up to the team and the individual, but honestly I expect a player to HAVE to play the HS game. Especially if it's for a private school (which really was the original intent of the waiver).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                The new rules do not allow DA kids to play HS. They will have to be a non-rostered "discovery" player.

Comment

You don't. If you're playing for your HS team you are not playing DA during that time. It's right there in the USSF guidelines. You are off the DA squad from the time HS tryouts start until the last game of your HS season.

Comment

I expect it's up to the team and the individual, but honestly I expect a player to HAVE to play the HS game. Especially if it's for a private school (which really was the original intent of the waiver).
                    No dual play. Period. It's one or the other, not both, until your HS team is finished for the year

Comment

No dual play. Period. It's one or the other, not both, until your HS team is finished for the year
                      Says who? Because, I know of a private school player who will be playing with her private school if there is a conflict, but otherwise is playing for GDA

Comment

Says who? Because, I know of a private school player who will be playing with her private school if there is a conflict, but otherwise is playing for GDA
                        It is a USSF rule even with waivers. That said as somebody else mentioned this rule is for Full Time players (FT). I do not know how this rule would apply to a GDA Part-Time (PT) player. I suspect the player you know of is not a Full time player?

Comment

Waivered players (of which there are only a few per team) are not even supposed to be anywhere near their DA team during the fall. That’s why they got the waiver in first place. To go play HS soccer. They then return in November. If there is a player playing both in the fall, then they are either skirting the rules, or perhaps are a PT player (Discovery player) and not full rostered player. My guess it’s the first one.

Comment

It is a USSF rule even with waivers. That said as somebody else mentioned this rule is for Full Time players (FT). I do not know how this rule would apply to a GDA Part-Time (PT) player. I suspect the player you know of is not a Full time player?
                            Applies to PT as well. No HS FT or PT. If her club allows it, shame on them. It's in the DA rules plain as day. No wonder some think DA is a joke when the rules are more like guidelines.

Comment

Applies to PT as well. No HS FT or PT. If her club allows it, shame on them. It's in the DA rules plain as day. No wonder some think DA is a joke when the rules are more like guidelines.
                              I don't blame the league, I blame the club and coach for allowing it to happen. Know the rules!!

Comment

I don't blame the league, I blame the club and coach for allowing it to happen. Know the rules!!
                                Yes any club that lets it happens deserves what they get - ticked off players who don't get to play school ball and their check writing parents. Possible USSF sanctions too (if USSF cared).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X