X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I will steal prior poster's phrase. "give it time"
    Parents are keenly aware of differentiators (blue vs. white, ecNl, ecRl) and quick to distinguish and specify
    Honestly if your child is that good it doesn't matter, they will get noticed. Every member of any team know who is good and who to look out for when they play other teams. The talent shows itself.

Comment

Gotta love the people that now crow "my daughter plays on an ECNL team". Too funny.
      I don’t think anyone is doing that! Don’t be so insecure!

Comment

Think again

Comment

They are. I’m a college asst coach and we get lots of emails from players claiming they are on ENCL team, but when we cross reference with the coach, we realize it’s a ECRL team. I’ve been instructed to eliminate any prospects who do not identify their team correctly in that matter.

Comment

Actually i have specifically heard conversations with 2 different sets of parents who have kids that are now rebranded from NPL. They are absolutely spreading the word.

Comment

Actually i have specifically heard conversations with 2 different sets of parents who have kids that are now rebranded from NPL. They are absolutely spreading the word.
              I heard it to (I started this thread) and the way it was positioned, it was more of an ECNL-"Lite". I also thought they were going to showcases and such which is where my question came from. Maybe they were wrong, maybe I heard it wrong, maybe they lied. I know people who had had other opportunities with other clubs who declined to do this, and I guess I'm questioning why. But, everyone does what's best for them so carry on.

Comment

It's funny that people get so up in arms about this. The league already existed. It was Northeast NPL. They swapped one patch out for a different patch. It's really not a big deal.
                Sure, okay, you go tell that to the consumers who have paid for the new patch and let us know how that goes.

Comment

I will steal prior poster's phrase. "give it time"
                  Parents are keenly aware of differentiators (blue vs. white, ecNl, ecRl) and quick to distinguish and specify
                  I spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read the phrase "parents are keenly aware."

Comment

I think I speak for everyone to say that I'm glad to know what you think no one is doing.

Also, you should get out more, you'd be shocked to learn that you're completely wrong.

Comment

They are. I’m a college asst coach and we get lots of emails from players claiming they are on ENCL team, but when we cross reference with the coach, we realize it’s a ECRL team. I’ve been instructed to eliminate any prospects who do not identify their team correctly in that matter.
                      I don't believe this post is true, but that doesn't mean I don't love this post a lot.

Comment

Sure, okay, you go tell that to the consumers who have paid for the new patch and let us know how that goes.
                        My kid is not on one of the regional league teams, but I'm assuming that they were probably paying the same amount for the old NPL patch.

Comment

You are always gonna have whack jobs at every level but I call bull sh** here. If you are an ecnl parent you should be happy to see the league gain in power. Unless you are threatened by those rebranded NPL teams. The more strength ECNL has as a league, the more good they can do for your kid. For any kid calling themselves anything they are not, it will catch up with them. I just think you are making problems where they don’t exist. In the end coaches are recruiting players not leagues or teams.

Comment

Originally posted by UnregistereD View Post
                            You are always gonna have whack jobs at every level but I call bull sh** here. If you are an ecnl parent you should be happy to see the league gain in power. Unless you are threatened by those rebranded NPL teams. The more strength ECNL has as a league, the more good they can do for your kid. For any kid calling themselves anything they are not, it will catch up with them. I just think you are making problems where they don’t exist. In the end coaches are recruiting players not leagues or teams.
                            All I hear is how ECNL clubs are dripping with commits and the best players and yadda yadda....how much more could I honestly expect? I mean, it's already the tippity-top and every great player is there...right?

This is about ca$h grab. Don't think we are naive to think otherwise and don't try to position it that way either.

Comment

All I hear is how ECNL clubs are dripping with commits and the best players and yadda yadda....how much more could I honestly expect? I mean, it's already the tippity-top and every great player is there...right?

This is about ca$h grab. Don't think we are naive to think otherwise and don't try to position it that way either.
                              Nobody went running to any ECNL regional team because of this new patch. Kids were just shifted around. So many insecure parents. Stop paying the fees if the system bugs you so much.

Comment

I don't believe this post is true, but that doesn't mean I don't love this post a lot.
                                I believe it. College coaches get too many emails from prospects to have to deal with "misinformation", whether it was on purpose or just poor wording based on the confused marketing of the ECRL. It's like misrepresenting GPA or SAT or any other qualifier. I'm sure parents embellish on those emails or push their kids to do so assuming they may get a chance to be seen.

Talking to a friend recently and her D plays for a lower level club (not in ECNL/DA/NPL). She said her D was kind of embarrassed to tell college coaches who she played for. Very good soccer player, but family made some mistakes in terms of choosing clubs/teams the last few years and it hasn't worked out the way they had hoped. She is a good student and has no pressure to play soccer in college and has a good head on her shoulders. The point being, kids and parents are keenly aware of who they play for, what level they play at, and what that means in terms of playing in college. They may not know the whole landscape, but they understand the order of things and I'm sure some of the less scrupulous will attempt to gain an advantage. Heck, look at the Varsity Blues college admission scandel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X