Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tips and merit aid come to kids that are wanted for a team. It’s not always scholarship money. How exactly does this equate with cars? Have you even been through the process? No, didn’t think so. It shows.
    Tips from car dealerships come to people who are wanted to drive their cars. That is how it equates.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that. Tips mean something at Ivies because a) they are D1 programs and b) they are worth getting into.

D3 Tips are sales tokens. Like I said, I was recruited by my Audi dealer earlier today. Said I was his top prospect and he is going to make sure I am given one of his two tips for the vehicles coming in next week.
      You really are getting around, BTNT.

Comment

Ah yes the holy grail of D1. I know of plenty of crap D1 teams, but hey, at least you can say you play D1!
        This post was about getting money for playing soccer in college. That pretty much a limited to D1, whether crappy or not. It seems like you are trying convince yourself that D3 is more special than it is. Relax. It’s okay to play soccer for fun in college.

Comment

This post was about getting money for playing soccer in college. That pretty much a limited to D1, whether crappy or not. It seems like you are trying convince yourself that D3 is more special than it is. Relax. It’s okay to play soccer for fun in college.
          Thanks, BTNT. Order another pepperoni.

Comment

D2 can offer athletic aid as well.

Comment

If not offered a scholarship, it's not recruiting.
              You are the buyer, soccer experience is part of the product
              If a Scholarship is offered, they are the buyer, your athlete is the product.
              False narrative.

The role of tips in NESCAC soccer is well documented. Both the big and little tips (sometimes called "protects") are sought after and are meaningful.

In our recent experience the process is more like a courtship on both sides rather than the buyer/seller analogy used. The schools only have a few tips and want to make sure of their proper use. They will want you to use the early decision option if you want the tip. So, it makes it difficult for kids who need financial aid.

Comment

Tips and merit aid come to kids that are wanted for a team. It’s not always scholarship money. How exactly does this equate with cars? Have you even been through the process? No, didn’t think so. It shows.
                Sorry, but D3 merit aid has no correlation with soccer ability.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that. Tips mean something at Ivies because a) they are D1 programs and b) they are worth getting into.

D3 Tips are sales tokens. Like I said, I was recruited by my Audi dealer earlier today. Said I was his top prospect and he is going to make sure I am given one of his two tips for the vehicles coming in next week.
                  What an ignorant fool. As if there are no D3 colleges worth getting into.

Comment

If a coach offers a player a spot on their college roster but no money how is that player viewed among the team or coach? Does the player have a chance to earn quality playing time or does playing time typically go to high-dollar players?
                    You've just asked a question that applies to a majority of college soccer players.

Comment

Uh okay. Keep telling yourself that.
                      I don’t need to . I’m okay with the reality of D3 soccer.

Comment

Reminds me of club soccer tryouts. The first offers go to the players coaches really want. The last offers are players who play the least. Might now always be the case but this is generally true. College soccer is similar. Coaches offer the most $ to players they perceive as impact players (full-tuition to full COA). Then they offer partials to contributors. The ones who receive the last spots (and little to no $) are players who who cost little to none to the coach and were likely attending the school anyway. Coaches will give playing time to whomever can help their team win but they are definitely more vested in their high dollar players because they want a return on their investment. Better to play for a program that really wants you unless your player is ok being on the practice squad or is ok with not seeing the pitch.

Comment

Reminds me of club soccer tryouts. The first offers go to the players coaches really want. The last offers are players who play the least. Might now always be the case but this is generally true. College soccer is similar. Coaches offer the most $ to players they perceive as impact players (full-tuition to full COA). Then they offer partials to contributors. The ones who receive the last spots (and little to no $) are players who who cost little to none to the coach and were likely attending the school anyway. Coaches will give playing time to whomever can help their team win but they are definitely more vested in their high dollar players because they want a return on their investment. Better to play for a program that really wants you unless your player is ok being on the practice squad or is ok with not seeing the pitch.
                          Doesn't all of that just sort of make sense? Not brain surgery.

Comment

D2 can offer athletic aid as well.
                            “Can”, but probably won’t.

Comment

I heard that there are practice players or scout players(?) who are on the team, but will never play. Why would anyone do that, if this is true?

Comment

Doesn't all of that just sort of make sense? Not brain surgery.
                                You would think. Too many parents and their players believe if they make a team they’ll get playing time. In fact, many of them feel entitled to them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X