Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unlawful visas, racketeering but yes of course they’re doing something right, ICE raided them bcos they were doing EVERYTHING RIGHT. Haha nice try.
    Be very careful about potential liable and defamation actions. Keep in mind with subpoenas, all your IP and data information is accessible. Even if you had evidence of any crimes, you could open yourself up to some risk.

Comment

Do all you morons realize that there is no such thing as bad publicity? The more you talk about GPS (both real and made up stories) the more people are paying attention to them. I see all the stupid threads started around GPS and know there are a bunch of worried and obsessed folks that seem to be really threatened by their existence. Makes me think GPS must be doing something right and cutting into bigger pieces of the soccer pie.
      Yeah, whatever you say. GPS is doing a great job. You must be a GPS coach or manager worried about your job.

Comment

Unlawful visas, racketeering but yes of course they’re doing something right, ICE raided them bcos they were doing EVERYTHING RIGHT. Haha nice try.
        I redact this comment

Comment

GPS is a marketing machine, starting multiple threads so people start to talk about them.

Comment

GPS is a marketing machine, starting multiple threads so people start to talk about them.
            That is about all they are, as they certainly aren't a player development machine FFS.

Comment

gps has gone to the dogs

enough said

Comment

Dude, you are so late to the party it is painful. GPS went to the dogs years ago. How can you possibly just figure this out now? So lame.

Comment

FYI, talked to my Sons coach before practice last night, he said he has been instructed to not talk about the raid. However by the look on his face when i asked him, i would say it is true.

I will not say who my sons coach is or what branch he plays in for fears of expulsion.

Comment

FYI, talked to my Sons coach before practice last night, he said he has been instructed to not talk about the raid. However by the look on his face when i asked him, i would say it is true.

I will not say who my sons coach is or what branch he plays in for fears of expulsion.
                    Who is your sons coach?

Comment

I live in the same town as one of the GPS higher ups. I don't know him well and haven't spent too much time with him, but I listened to a few of his good friends talking about the raid and they had some detailed information of what happened. They said it was really frightening for the coaches and there are very real ongoing concerns about the long term future of the club.

Comment

So, which one are you in:

1) Parent of another team, who thinks the GPS kid will take your kid's place?
                        2) Parent of another team, who thinks my kid can't take your kid's place?
                        3) Another club, looking to grab players who leave?
                        4) GPS Management?
                        5) GPS parent?
                        6) Just some fool with nothing better to do?

I live in the same town as one of the GPS higher ups. I don't know him well and haven't spent too much time with him, but I listened to a few of his good friends talking about the raid and they had some detailed information of what happened. They said it was really frightening for the coaches and there are very real ongoing concerns about the long term future of the club.
                        Need to add one more to the list: Neighborhood rumors

Comment

Need to add one more to the list: Neighborhood rumors
                          LGS are as committed to GPS as ever, thank you SG. The club is in good hands.

Comment

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use
                            Talking-Soccer.com to post any material which is knowingly false and/or
                            defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane,
                            racial, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or
                            otherwise a violation of any law.

Flaming, Harassment, Bashing, Baiting, Threats and Trolling The following is not
                            allowed calling people names, swearing at people, following people around on
                            various threads to purposefully bother or harass them, sending them Private
                            Messages when they tell you not to, threatening people or just directly
                            provoking or baiting people just for the purpose of getting a negative reaction
                            is not allowed on our forums.

Any word used in a derogatory fashion against somebody constitutes a personal
                            attack and will be treated that way. This applies to all posters and all areas
                            of our forums.

We expect posters here to respect each other, even if they disagree and dislike
                            each other, so please keep personal disputes off our forums.

Comment

A few highlights from this thread alone. Too funny. I especially love the 2nd one - a club posts negative information about themselves. Someone missed an opportunity as a fictional writer :)

Be very careful about potential liable and defamation actions. Keep in mind with subpoenas, all your IP and data information is accessible. Even if you had evidence of any crimes, you could open yourself up to some risk.

Do all you morons realize that there is no such thing as bad publicity? The more you talk about GPS (both real and made up stories) the more people are paying attention to them. I see all the stupid threads started around GPS and know there are a bunch of worried and obsessed folks that seem to be really threatened by their existence. Makes me think GPS must be doing something right and cutting into bigger pieces of the soccer pie.

Comment

So wait, your argument is that all clubs are bad including GPS? WOW! The game is for the kids. Maybe you should a different job, as you are way to corrupted to be teaching kids. Shame on you.

And, for the record, there are a number of more altruistic clubs in which to learn soccer than GPS.
                                Sorry I don't come on here each day, I made the "altruistic comment" but I don't work for GPS, but I've had kids at a number of clubs 2 stints in the NSL ,2 different NEP clubs (1 currently at GPS) not all at the same time. My point is that all of these clubs have good and bad people involved, we've ran into both kinds at all the clubs we've been at. So to label an entire club as awful is unfair to me. sure some people at GPS aren't the best, neither was the it any better at the other NEP club or the NSL club we were at. No club to my knowledge is pure without its bad coaches or admins. If there is please name them, I'm sure someone on this board will crucify them too. Find a coach coach and stick with them but know the good coaches at other clubs in case you have to move you'll at least know where to try out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X