Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wrong. NEGDL was awful competition last year. NEFC won every single game. Select only lost to NEFC. That should not happen. Will be even worse this year with the exodus of top players to ECNL.
    NEFC was very good and they have had some excellent games. They are a team that tied FC Stars Blue 0-0, lost 1-0 to PDA Heat and yet in this league they hada run of 1-0 wins vs STA & new york sc and a 1-1 tie vs STA. That seems like a bunch of close games. NEFC is an excellent team (as evidenced by ties a very close games vs PDA's A team) and aside from Oakwood they did not really blow out anyone in this league.

Comment

I just asked a question. I had read that ECNL has all the best players (and that is exactly what is said on here), so I'm curious why players from an obviously inferior league are going to come streaming in.

Sounds like these 2007 players were sold a bill of crap just to take some $$.
      and you injected a few things like "amazed at how poor ecnl is".
      Stop with the "What Me, I just asked a question" bs.

No one has said ECNL has "all the best players". What is said across TS (not just 2007 thread) is that for the recruiting years ECNL seemed to be the better league nationally than GDA. As more clubs and players switch, it appears to be getting stronger and creating an even wider over what will be GAL - but still TBD. As for the 2007s, relax, change never stops and there will be another reshuffle before your kid is done, so don't worry about it.

Comment

Bottom 1/4 of any roster is never safe, regardless of the level. What is complicated about that?
        That's not an exodus

Comment

and you injected a few things like "amazed at how poor ecnl is".
          Stop with the "What Me, I just asked a question" bs.

No one has said ECNL has "all the best players". What is said across TS (not just 2007 thread) is that for the recruiting years ECNL seemed to be the better league nationally than GDA. As more clubs and players switch, it appears to be getting stronger and creating an even wider over what will be GAL - but still TBD. As for the 2007s, relax, change never stops and there will be another reshuffle before your kid is done, so don't worry about it.
          "Seems", "appear"?

No, that is absolutely NOT what is represented on here.

Comment

NEFC was very good and they have had some excellent games. They are a team that tied FC Stars Blue 0-0, lost 1-0 to PDA Heat and yet in this league they hada run of 1-0 wins vs STA & new york sc and a 1-1 tie vs STA. That seems like a bunch of close games. NEFC is an excellent team (as evidenced by ties a very close games vs PDA's A team) and aside from Oakwood they did not really blow out anyone in this league.
            Really? Played 10 NEGDL games and had a 31-2 goal differential. 9 wins and 1 draw.

Has NEGDL gotten better or worse since DA imploded?

Comment

"Seems", "appear"?

We all know you can find ANYTHING on TS. The question is are you trying to join the BS crew snarking at parents in the other league or trying to add to the sliver of reasonable discussion that goes on here?

Comment

We all know you can find ANYTHING on TS. The question is are you trying to join the BS crew snarking at parents in the other league or trying to add to the sliver of reasonable discussion that goes on here?
                I don't see anything reasonable in a thread bragging about the exploits of little kids.

Comment

"Seems", "appear"?

So now your frustrated that i was diplomatic.

We will never know which league had the best players (Probably GDA) and which had the best Teams (probably ECNL). Yes the two assertions can be simultaneously true. The THEORY is that GDA had NT players, and those that couldn’t make ECNL, while ECNL attracted all the D1 (not NT) hopefuls. Its just a theory, but if true it makes sense that those top players would be sought after by ECNL clubs, and yes those clubs will displace the bottom X players to accommodate those top NT hopeful types.

Comment

I don't see anything reasonable in a thread bragging about the exploits of little kids.
                    I guess that answers the question. Yet another poster we can ignore...

Comment

So now your frustrated that i was diplomatic.

We will never know which league had the best players (Probably GDA) and which had the best Teams (probably ECNL). Yes the two assertions can be simultaneously true. The THEORY is that GDA had NT players, and those that couldn’t make ECNL, while ECNL attracted all the D1 (not NT) hopefuls. Its just a theory, but if true it makes sense that those top players would be sought after by ECNL clubs, and yes those clubs will displace the bottom X players to accommodate those top NT hopeful types.

"All the D1 players"?

Comment

Where did all the NT & YNT players come from before 2017?

Comment

Where did all the NT & YNT players come from before 2017?
                          where did they come from before 2010?

Comment

"All the D1 players"?
                            Yup. Every single one.

Comment

GAL is a half *****ed league, put together with leftovers from a failed GDA experiment that couldn't even make it with USSF support. Weaker players and clubs will join only because they have nowhere else to go next year. Better clubs and players are finding homes in ECNL. Next year the GAL exodus will ramp up. If it gets through two full seasons that will be an accomplishment

Comment

And how about before 1995?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X