Coastal caught cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard it was CSU that ratted them out!
    So it is the fault of the person who reported it? How about don't cheat!

Nice post PT!

Comment

To play up or down? Makes a big difference. And what you speak of at the Memorial Day tournament wasn't that big of a deal. Not saying it was right, just understandable given the circumstances and actively recruiting his players while at the tournament.
      Coaches talk to their former players. It is never understandable to use threatening profanity in front of 10 year olds

Comment

So earlier this week a MAPLE disciplinary board found that Coastal FC had doctored birth certificates for players on a U 10 team. Both PT and ET received a 5 week suspension. Seriously folks, cheating at U10 - grow up!
        why come on here and tell everyone this? Is this on the MAPLPE site or are you disclosing something that should not be disclosed (or is not true)?

Comment

Coaches talk to their former players. It is never understandable to use threatening profanity in front of 10 year olds
          I don't believe you were there. It happened in the middle of the field not on the sidelines and no one heard what was said.

Comment

So it is the fault of the person who reported it? How about don't cheat!

Nice post PT!
            I wish all of you would just grow the f@ck up!

Comment

Think Marshfield High School is feeling good about its new boys coach?
              I thought PT was a girls coach?! Does that cute english accent work on high school boys too?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                i wish all of you would just grow the f@ck up!
                ok pt!

Comment

I thought PT was a girls coach?! Does that cute english accent work on high school boys too?
                  Only if you like men!

Comment

This is terrible. You can all make light of the situation, but if coastal FC really did this then I have lost all respect for them. To lie about multiple kids birthdates is despicable. If anyone thinks otherwise then they are asinine!

Very very very sad day for you Soccer!

Comment

The worst part of all of it is that I heard he blamed the parents for the wrong birthdates!

Comment

Time to wake up and smell the coffee - TD of the former Crusaders filed the complaint
                        Politics? Considering the bad blood between Coastal and CSU and the fact that TD is one of the Commissioners of MAPLE.....TD may have used his position to settle a score.

TD is rumored to be the one that dropped the dime. Not exactly a neutral party. And no I am not ET or PT in case you were wondering.

Comment

ET, phone home, phone home.

Comment

Politics? Considering the bad blood between Coastal and CSU and the fact that TD is one of the Commissioners of MAPLE.....TD may have used his position to settle a score.

TD is rumored to be the one that dropped the dime. Not exactly a neutral party. And no I am not ET or PT in case you were wondering.
                            Let's say it was TD, doesn't he have a responsibility to report anyone breaking the rules regardless of their past history? It wasn’t TD who found ET and PT Guilty; it was a review board that had nothing to do with the history of Crusaders – Coastal. The “drop a dime” and the “rat” comments belong on the Aaron Hernandez thread.

Just because you say your not PT, doesn't mean you not PT.

Comment

penalties

The penalties for such behavior should be harsh. Penalties that are directed toward individual players do not teach the team too much and does not get to the root of the problems, the latter being a weak system of assuring accuracy of such data. When you punish the whole team then you start to get the attention of the parents who are paying for their own kids. When you punish the club then everyone notices including other clubs.

It does depend on who really was at fault. If the parents and kid lie to look better then that kid should be off the team and banned from playing for the year. If there is a second infraction and/or the coach was involved then the coach and team are banned from play for a year. If there are more than one instance involving more than one team then those teams are banned from the years play and the club is banned from ANY state cup play. As for region 1, I would suggest a similar policy.

Harsh and mean-spirited......yes. But it would definitely get the attention of all and make anyone think twice about cheating. Hammer got away with it by simply pulling their teams from State cup play, but no one really investigated them.

Comment

The penalties for such behavior should be harsh. Penalties that are directed toward individual players do not teach the team too much and does not get to the root of the problems, the latter being a weak system of assuring accuracy of such data. When you punish the whole team then you start to get the attention of the parents who are paying for their own kids. When you punish the club then everyone notices including other clubs.

It does depend on who really was at fault. If the parents and kid lie to look better then that kid should be off the team and banned from playing for the year. If there is a second infraction and/or the coach was involved then the coach and team are banned from play for a year. If there are more than one instance involving more than one team then those teams are banned from the years play and the club is banned from ANY state cup play. As for region 1, I would suggest a similar policy.

Harsh and mean-spirited......yes. But it would definitely get the attention of all and make anyone think twice about cheating. Hammer got away with it by simply pulling their teams from State cup play, but no one really investigated them.
                                Well, I think tournament directors should step up their vigilence. It is so obvious when teams cheat. Our coach never wants to call anyone out, but I do!

Comment

Working...
                                X