Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thoughts on male high school coaches texting high school girl players?
    Fire them. Call the police

Comment

Criminal

Comment

I could guess who this is about...

Comment

I've heard of one creep doing that.

Comment

I've heard of one creep doing that.
            Coach T?

Comment

Marshfield officially joins the Patriot League. Good luck playing WH, Hingham, Dux, PN and SL twice a year

Comment

Coach T?
                We have a possible winner.

Comment

We have a possible winner.
                  coach CT

Comment

coach CT
                    Not the one I know.

Comment

No different than a club coach doing it

Comment

txting isn't in an of itself a crime is it? a Dikpic tho….

Comment

No different than a club coach doing it
                          Nope.

Comment

Thoughts on any coach male or female coach texting a young adult?
                            I don't think any coach should do it and or why any coach now a days would risk texting a player. I'm hoping you don't think it's okay if a female coach does it or if a male coach is texting a high school boy player?
                            Only way would even be okay would be in a group text with the parent or a school official.

Comment

Thoughts on any coach male or female coach texting a young adult?
                              I don't think any coach should do it and or why any coach now a days would risk texting a player. I'm hoping you don't think it's okay if a female coach does it or if a male coach is texting a high school boy player?
                              Only way would even be okay would be in a group text with the parent or a school official.
                              When my kid was in the middle of recruiting, her club coach would get calls from schools asking him to have her contact them. He would text her the name and contact information of the coach, and occasionally editorialize a little (e.g., "he seems really interested," "contact him right away - they tend to move quickly," "reach out to xyz, she played for him," etc.).

My kid knew enough to be able to differentiate between needed information and anything that might be problematic. Being able to text back and forth was very useful, in our case.

Comment

When my kid was in the middle of recruiting, her club coach would get calls from schools asking him to have her contact them. He would text her the name and contact information of the coach, and occasionally editorialize a little (e.g., "he seems really interested," "contact him right away - they tend to move quickly," "reach out to xyz, she played for him," etc.).

My kid knew enough to be able to differentiate between needed information and anything that might be problematic. Being able to text back and forth was very useful, in our case.
                                Exactly. Same with a high school coach (who is normally part of the faculty in some way...a club coach through parents, an alumna, staff, etc.). HS coach may have useful info re field for practice changes, team meal after practice, etc.

Just stay on top of all of it with your child.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X