Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OPL or OYSA

For U13B or U14B Is the better competition with OPL or OYSA in the PTT league?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Neither. Save your money.

Comment

EVERY age group on the boys side is better at OYSA

the girls side is 60% OYSA 40% OPL

Comment

EVERY age group on the boys side is better at OYSA

the girls side is 60% OYSA 40% OPL
        Girls side is 75% OPL, 25% OYSA at HS ages, closer to 50-50 at younger ages.

Comment

Girls side is 75% OPL, 25% OYSA at HS ages, closer to 50-50 at younger ages.
          Not anymore it isn't.

Comment

Not anymore it isn't.
            yep, I agree....ECNL robbed everyone from the OPL...my DD isn't good enough to do ECNL but isn't that far off...she is in the same boat as many...the talent has dropped off considerably.
            my youngest is U12....her OPL league is a disaster! Personally I wish we had some OYSA teams in the mix so we could have some quality games

Comment

yep, I agree....ECNL robbed everyone from the OPL...my DD isn't good enough to do ECNL but isn't that far off...she is in the same boat as many...the talent has dropped off considerably.
              my youngest is U12....her OPL league is a disaster! Personally I wish we had some OYSA teams in the mix so we could have some quality games
              If your youngest is U12 and her league is a disaster then she's not playing in the top division. There are some very good teams in the top division. ECNL also absorbed a lot of talent from OYSA clubs, not as much as from OPL clubs obviously, but the level of OYSA teams will decline also.

Comment

If your youngest is U12 and her league is a disaster then she's not playing in the top division. There are some very good teams in the top division. ECNL also absorbed a lot of talent from OYSA clubs, not as much as from OPL clubs obviously, but the level of OYSA teams will decline also.
                So trying to paraphrase "Yes we (OPL) are going to be bad, but they (OYSA) are also going to lose some quality, just not as much as us."

Comment

So trying to paraphrase "Yes we (OPL) are going to be bad, but they (OYSA) are also going to lose some quality, just not as much as us."
                  OPL club "A" teams are going to be very good, they just don't play in the OPL league. The league is intended for "B" and "C" teams at U14 and up. Not sure what the intention of OYSA league is...

Comment

Try 2 maybe 3 very good teams

Comment

but you dont want to drive to bend or medford

Comment

Your U12 comment is just BS. If you're going to define "quality" as wins/losses then there are only two teams at U12 that could potentially argue they didn't get enough quality games and both those teams got their shot at "quality" in the NWCL. Personally if I were you I would look harder at defining quality by the style of soccer played, and not your win/loss column.

Comment

OYSA is better competition for boys U13 and U14. At U14 FC Portland and Crossfire are playing both leagues. So the competition you would have gotten in OPL is playing OYSA too plus you get the Timbers teams which are typically top competition.

Comment

OYSA is better competition for boys U13 and U14. At U14 FC Portland and Crossfire are playing both leagues. So the competition you would have gotten in OPL is playing OYSA too plus you get the Timbers teams which are typically top competition.
                            Timbers teams "top competition" bwah ha haha hahaha

Comment

Timbers teams "top competition" bwah ha haha hahaha
                              on the boys side the Westside Timbers are pretty consistently competitive.
                              The dilution of the brand to include teams all across the state as Timbers Alliance teams does mean that many boys Timbers teams are not competitive, though. Outside of Westside it's hit or miss by age.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X