Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who's we? Please, you have seen a hand full of girls move over to try ECNL and part of that was because Wash Timbers were imploding. I'm sure just as many have left OPL clubs as they didn't want to fork over $8k-10k for youth soccer and didn't want to play on a B team in a rec league. There are still plenty of talented girls in OYSA and there will be even more when OPL can't afford to give free dues anymore.

It would be fun to see some of the ODP teams play against the ECNL teams but not sure egos on either side would allow that.
    At U13 this year there were more than 2 dozen girls that moved from OYSA teams to FCP and WUSC alone. And that's just 2 clubs...

Comment

WA is going 9v9 at U12.

both WA and OR have aligned with a purpose.
      Please provide a source or reference. WA and CA have not committed anything to 9v9 at U12 and OPL is still looking for input on the decision. Since when has OR and WA aligned on anything?

Comment

Please provide a source or reference. WA and CA have not committed anything to 9v9 at U12 and OPL is still looking for input on the decision. Since when has OR and WA aligned on anything?
        Exactly. NorCal nor WA have decided to change yet. SoCal will stay at 11v11 even at U11

Comment

WA and OR have been in talks in expanding WA RCL with Oregon, having an RCL North and RCL South.

State boundaries are slowly going away....State Cups will be non existent in the near future.
          If you look at what the landscape looks like now, soccer is regional now...you have NWCL which expands the boundaries...you have FWRL which does the same.

The future is having leagues feed National Champions.

the OPL is already set up to do this....I mean look at the end of the OPL NPL at most age groups....if they decide to go to NPL Nationals its going to be a bloodbath! Our teams in OPL can't compete at the national level...except for their makeshift G'00's in FCSC but they are leaving after this year.

Comment

WA and OR have been in talks in expanding WA RCL with Oregon, having an RCL North and RCL South.

State boundaries are slowly going away....State Cups will be non existent in the near future.
            If you look at what the landscape looks like now, soccer is regional now...you have NWCL which expands the boundaries...you have FWRL which does the same.

the OPL is already set up to do this....I mean look at the end of the OPL NPL at most age groups....if they decide to go to NPL Nationals its going to be a bloodbath! Our teams in OPL can't compete at the national level...except for their makeshift G'00's in FCSC but they are leaving after this year.
            Yea, because I mean so far we've been getting killed in the National Championships, I mean look at Onyx and Sodium and FCSC..... it's been a blood bath.

Comment

Expanded RCL is a pipe dream. RCL has enough issues to deal with in WA to get involved with the lunacy of OYSA / Timbers.

As for NPL Finals, I'm sure sending OYSA teams would be better. Sure it would...

Comment

Please tell me what was "racist" about my post. If you say it's the word "ghetto" then you should consider going back and getting that 8th Grade diploma you never got...
                If you need it explained to you you really are as stupid as you sound.

Comment

Hasn't OPL taken first and runner up for the last couple years at NPL finals ? What blood bath are you referring to? Looks to me that its OYSA that needs to step up. Maybe win something outside of Eugene or Salem.

Comment

If you need it explained to you you really are as stupid as you sound.
                    Just slightly less stupid than you obviously.

Comment

Considering that the best OPL girls are going to play ECNL and that the top boys teams are starting to play in the OYSA league, can the OPL still present a viable league this Winter and beyond.
                      Why not have your own league for your "B" and "C" teams and your younger girls teams? They have ECNL for their top players and having their own league limits travel costs for their "B" and "C" teams which will have sufficient competition amongst themselves and the smaller clubs "A" teams. Seems like a win-win on the girl's side.

On the boy's side, it remains to be seen how things will work out. Again, why not have your own league for "B" and "C" teams and then put your good "A" teams in OYSA. At least for now where that appears to be the better alternative. Maybe it won't be in a year or two and then you have the option of pulling your "A" teams back into your own league. Again, seems like a win-win.

In summary, there is no reason for the OPL clubs to not have their own league. They can manage the competition, schedule, and travel, AND still have the option to place some teams in OYSA.

Comment

Why not have your own league for your "B" and "C" teams and your younger girls teams? They have ECNL for their top players and having their own league limits travel costs for their "B" and "C" teams which will have sufficient competition amongst themselves and the smaller clubs "A" teams. Seems like a win-win on the girl's side.

On the boy's side, it remains to be seen how things will work out. Again, why not have your own league for "B" and "C" teams and then put your good "A" teams in OYSA. At least for now where that appears to be the better alternative. Maybe it won't be in a year or two and then you have the option of pulling your "A" teams back into your own league. Again, seems like a win-win.

In summary, there is no reason for the OPL clubs to not have their own league. They can manage the competition, schedule, and travel, AND still have the option to place some teams in OYSA.
                        But what does OPL bring to the table that makes things better?

The only thing i have ever heard is "we want to decide where we play…you can't tell us where to play…so we need OPL"

The three largest OPL members are busy working at the kinks with the new ECNL programs. Looking at the just completed league they represented more than 50% of the teams in the OPL.

However if our real goal as a state is to put forth the best teams and players to the next level, either ECNL or USDA then we want broad competition. The more teams that play against each other the better.

So getting back to my question, what does OPL ADD? I don't care about the complaints and the Negative comments, What does OPL as a league provide that is better, that justifies keeping a split league?

Comment

Just slightly less stupid than you obviously.
                          You must be really stupid you don't even know how stupid you are…Are you able to feed yourself? Can you spell? Do math?

When was the last time someone stopped you beating your head against the wall because you were having "a fit"

Comment

You must be really stupid you don't even know how stupid you are…Are you able to feed yourself? Can you spell? Do math?

When was the last time someone stopped you beating your head against the wall because you were having "a fit"
                            Still trying to hide the fact that you called someone "racist" just because your vocabulary consists of about a dozen words total?

Comment

The only thing i have ever heard is "we want to decide where we play…you can't tell us where to play…so we need OPL"

The three largest OPL members are busy working at the kinks with the new ECNL programs. Looking at the just completed league they represented more than 50% of the teams in the OPL.

However if our real goal as a state is to put forth the best teams and players to the next level, either ECNL or USDA then we want broad competition. The more teams that play against each other the better.

So getting back to my question, what does OPL ADD? I don't care about the complaints and the Negative comments, What does OPL as a league provide that is better, that justifies keeping a split league?
                              Same question can be asked of OYSA. What does it ADD?

If there are enough teams of similar level to form a league with no travel, why not do it? Why force "B" and "C" teams to spend all weekend every weekend on the road just to get the same competition level they can get locally and still have time for other things in life? What advantage is there for OPL clubs to move their "B" and "C" teams to OYSA? None that I'm aware of.

Comment

Or looking at it this way: What does OYSA add at the premier level? What does OYSA as a league provide that is better than OPL that justifies keeping a split league?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X