Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a boy and a girl both playing competitive soccer and I would have to agree with most of your comments except the one about the parents being the ones to blame. That is partly true. Most of the blame goes to the coaches. The girls always get the "leftover" coaches. Boys soccer gets most of the attention but this shouldn't be new news. The boys always get the best coaches so the girls suffer as a result of this. If the girls received equal coaching to the boys, you'll see a better girls program. This is why I have my daughter train with the boys because she gets better training. You are correct though. Most of these threads on this forum are from the girls side.
    If this "leftover" coach experience is what you've seen, you MUST be at a Timbers Alliance club. Of course, most of those clubs don't have good boys coaches either so getting the "leftovers" is really bad for the girls. Take your girl to a real club (FCP, THUSC, Crossfire) and you'll see that the coaching for girls is much better.

Comment

LOL Yes, parents of girls are very very intense. My son hates reffing girls' games--he says the parents are 100X worse than boys.

Comment

LOL Yes, parents of girls are very very intense. My son hates reffing girls' games--he says the parents are 100X worse than boys.
        But at the same time he likes chasing the girls around the field I'm sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
          Parents didn't create the split, soccer and marketing experts did.

Yes, I'm finding that parenting/coaching girls soccer players creates some irrational emotions after being on the boys' side . . . but blaming this state's structural issues on parents is BS.
          The split was for both genders.
          And the same docs, clubs, systems and coaches are on the girls sides as well as the boys...the only difference is the parents....

Admit it, you are a WHACK JOBS!

Comment

If this "leftover" coach experience is what you've seen, you MUST be at a Timbers Alliance club. Of course, most of those clubs don't have good boys coaches either so getting the "leftovers" is really bad for the girls. Take your girl to a real club (FCP, THUSC, Crossfire) and you'll see that the coaching for girls is much better.
            Omg you are brainwashed... Or you coach at one of those clubs.

Comment

The split was for both genders.
              And the same docs, clubs, systems and coaches are on the girls sides as well as the boys...the only difference is the parents....

Admit it, you are a WHACK JOBS!
              Outside of your grammar, I agree that I am a whack job when it comes to girls' soccer (although I have children on both the boys' and girls' side).

However, girls' parents didn't create or perpetuate the split; that is an entirely different group of whack jobs, namely the folks who actually make money off of youth soccer (Timbers, DOCs, etc.).
              Last edited by Slow Xavi; 10-13-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Are you sure that you aren't the one that's been brainwashed? "The TA is best, the TA is best, the TA is best..."

Comment

Don't forget you need to put "coach" in quotes with these clubs...

Comment

Outside of your grammar, I agree that I am a whack job when it comes to girls' soccer (although I have children on both the boys' and girls' side).

However, girls' parents didn't create or perpetuate the split; that is an entirely different group of whack jobs, namely the folks who actually make money off of youth soccer (Timbers, DOCs, etc.).
                    and these are the same people that are kicking ***** on the boys side.
                    The same people have created a great avenue for boys....
                    do you hear parents on this site jacking up the boys?

NO

parents are the problem with youth soccer...

again, it's not the system, it's not the coaching or the DOC's....it's the parents that won't allow those three run youth soccer....

if the girls side was run like the boys side we wouldn't be having this conversation

Comment

and these are the same people that are kicking ***** on the boys side.
                      The same people have created a great avenue for boys....
                      do you hear parents on this site jacking up the boys?

NO

parents are the problem with youth soccer...

again, it's not the system, it's not the coaching or the DOC's....it's the parents that won't allow those three run youth soccer....

if the girls side was run like the boys side we wouldn't be having this conversation
                      Was it parents that:

1. Performed so poorly or were so heavy-handed in 2013, that both major youth soccer organizations (OYSA and OPL) in the state alleged breach or default or otherwise wanted out of their contract with the Timbers? No that was the Timbers.

2. Decided to terminate the contract with the Timbers, in part because of #1? No that was the OPL's DOCs (although it looked like OYSA was also considering their options against the Timbers in early 2013).

3. Decided to split the high-end boys' programs, by taking some clubs back to the OYSA. No, that was the Timbers' Alliance DOCs.

4. Kicked Westside, Eastside, and PCU out of the OPL? No, that was the OPL's DOCs.

5. Decided to take all of there teams to the OYSA in part because of #4? No, that was the Timbers' Alliance DOCs.

6. Decides where their teams play? No, that is DOCs whether at THUSC, Crossfire, FC, Timbers Alliance, or smaller clubs such as Bridelmere, NEU, Pacific, PCU, or Salmon Creek.

I'm learning that girls' soccer parents can be crazy (learning that in part from the board and in part because I am now a girls' soccer parent and feel all the crazy crap other parents feel even if I do my best to channel it or hide it).

Of course crazy soccer fans create the passion that makes the game great and crazy soccer coaches are some of the best around . . . if you really want to take the crazy out of the sport we have one boring sport.

Bottom line though, crazy soccer parents didn't create our crazy soccer structure. Timbers and DOCs (with some help from our national organizations) did.

Comment

Was it parents that:

1. Performed so poorly or were so heavy-handed in 2013, that both major youth soccer organizations (OYSA and OPL) in the state alleged breach or default or otherwise wanted out of their contract with the Timbers? No that was the Timbers.

2. Decided to terminate the contract with the Timbers, in part because of #1? No that was the OPL's DOCs (although it looked like OYSA was also considering their options against the Timbers in early 2013).

3. Decided to split the high-end boys' programs, by taking some clubs back to the OYSA. No, that was the Timbers' Alliance DOCs.

4. Kicked Westside, Eastside, and PCU out of the OPL? No, that was the OPL's DOCs.

5. Decided to take all of there teams to the OYSA in part because of #4? No, that was the Timbers' Alliance DOCs.

6. Decides where their teams play? No, that is DOCs whether at THUSC, Crossfire, FC, Timbers Alliance, or smaller clubs such as Bridelmere, NEU, Pacific, PCU, or Salmon Creek.

I'm learning that girls' soccer parents can be crazy (learning that in part from the board and in part because I am now a girls' soccer parent and feel all the crazy crap other parents feel even if I do my best to channel it or hide it).

Of course crazy soccer fans create the passion that makes the game great and crazy soccer coaches are some of the best around . . . if you really want to take the crazy out of the sport we have one boring sport.

Bottom line though, crazy soccer parents didn't create our crazy soccer structure. Timbers and DOCs (with some help from our national organizations) did.
                        I would add the board of directors of all the OPL and Timbers clubs, the board of directors of OYSA, and whoever is now the leadership team of OYSA. The mess we are in now is related to the absence of effective leadership throughout the Oregon soccer universe. Having met most of the state's DOC's and Timbers "leaders," I guarantee they are not smart enough to strategize their way out of a paper bag. And yes, parents are to blame for not holding their clubs, the Timbers, OYSA, and the OPL accountable.

Comment

I would add the board of directors of all the OPL and Timbers clubs, the board of directors of OYSA, and whoever is now the leadership team of OYSA. The mess we are in now is related to the absence of effective leadership throughout the Oregon soccer universe. Having met most of the state's DOC's and Timbers "leaders," I guarantee they are not smart enough to strategize their way out of a paper bag. And yes, parents are to blame for not holding their clubs, the Timbers, OYSA, and the OPL accountable.
                          Your last sentence need to be double underlined and in bold. Parents have made it clear to all of the folks administering from any side (you do a good job listing them) that if you don't have a solution just blame the other guy. SO IN THAT I WOULD BLAME THE PARENTS FOR CONTINUING TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE WHACK JOBS...

Comment

Totally agree. If the leaders in Oregon soccer from OYSA and OPL had to run a company, they would go bankrupt. My experience with these "soccer" coaches and DOCs is troubling. Parents pay them for a service at these clubs and they are not held accountable, nor is their performance measured. They do not look at their roles as providing a service. It's a popularity contest for them. All politics. Give them some constructive feedback and they blast you for being negative or a whack job. They would never survive in the industry I work in. You are constantly measured and customer service is paramount or you lose marketshare to competitors. But I guess this is why they lead pathetic lives as soccer DOCs and coaches.

Comment

Was it parents that:

bottomline.....OPL had zero work done in advancing competitive soccer in the state...ZERO!
                              PTFC comes in with a plan to develop coaches, players and referees......OPL doesn't like the plan so they say "No".....by the way, one of the sticklers that OPL was stuck on was the 7v7 at U9 and U10 and 9v9 at U11 and U12.....that was a major concern for OPL.....
                              funny thing is now they believe in that since PTFC implemented it under another umbrella...hilarious!

whether you like it or not this game is parent driven.

Comment

bottomline.....OPL had zero work done in advancing competitive soccer in the state...ZERO!
                                PTFC comes in with a plan to develop coaches, players and referees......OPL doesn't like the plan so they say "No".....by the way, one of the sticklers that OPL was stuck on was the 7v7 at U9 and U10 and 9v9 at U11 and U12.....that was a major concern for OPL.....
                                funny thing is now they believe in that since PTFC implemented it under another umbrella...hilarious!

whether you like it or not this game is parent driven.
                                This thread is about crazy girls' soccer parents (I'm one and agree we are crazy) and blaming them for the league split (utter BS). If you want rehash the arguments about the relative merits of the leagues (including the political football that has been small-sided over the years) that can be done on one of the dozen threads on that subject; if you want to argue that the MLS is good for youth soccer there are plenty of takers on that subject in the blogosphere.

If PTFC wants to blame parents for the split that is their prerogative, but it is neither intellectually honest nor constructive. RCTID
                                Last edited by Slow Xavi; 10-15-2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X