Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At the end of the day this is girls soccer. Only parents of girls soccer care about girls soccer whether it is in college, high school, or youth. Parents you are crazy. I read these blogs because they are entertaining. It makes me sad for our society when parents live their lives through a sport that is irrelevant in the real world. What are you going to do once your daughters are done playing soccer?
    Oh please share with me a sport that is truly relevant? No sport is truly relevant beyond the tiniest percentage of pro athletes that make their living from it. What is truly sad is to see grown adults wasting their time in support of a professional team from a lazy boy sofa watching real life go by wearing a jersey with another person's name on it! So who's really crazy, those supporting family or those supporting some professional org that doesn't even know you exist??

Comment

As a parent of a girl playing soccer at the top of her age group I completely agree with this!
      Go throw on you Russell Wilson jersey and jump up and down when Seattle wins. Since your connection to the team is nothing beyond that jersey. But please, celebrate the Super Bowl win as if you had a hand in it. Somehow, you cheering from your living room helped the team to victory.

Comment

As a parent of a girl playing soccer at the top of her age group I completely agree with this!
        So which rec league is she playing in?

Comment

You are so correct. The power of the beauty is never seen by the people who only live to tear it down. Only those who embrace everything that is real and true feel the incredible warmth that is wrapped around those who truly get it. One day in the future, he will look back and see how sad he feels for not ever being in that realm. A million lights are dancing and there you are, a shooting star. An everlasting world and you're here to shine in soccer, eternally.

Poor youth! who scarcely dar'st lift up thine eyes--The stream will soon renew its smoothness, soon the visions will return! And lo! he stays, and soon the fragments dim of lovely forms come trembling back, unite, and now once more.
          ^^^
          That's beautiful man.

Comment

It is only girls soccer

I have a daughter that will play college women's soccer next year a top program. We went to several games before she committed. Again the fans where mostly parents and friends. I agree that girls gain a lot out of playing on a team. The lessons they learn playing soccer hopefully will help them when they are adults. Saying sports like football are irrelevant is nonsense. Pro sports such as the NFL, NBA, and MLB add billions of dollars to the economy. This includes taxes they pay along with thousands of jobs from selling concessions to television networks. Again at the end of the day girls soccer is a sport that is not that important in the big picture. It amazes me how many people live their lives through there daughters.

Comment

Having a boatload of kids myself I am not surprised that parents of any gender would live their lives through their kids. It is an addiction. the key is to know when it is time to shut it down !!

Comment

Having a boatload of kids myself I am not surprised that parents of any gender would

Amen Brother!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X