Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would you expect them to even have an opinion? Either their DD is not that competitive of they don't have the scratch. I don't talk about the Lamborghini that I can't afford much either.

The really interesting thing about at least one of the haters is that he is holding his daughter out even though he can afford it because he thinks loosing will hurt her skill set and that being on a TA team is going to make her better and going to camps will provide a better opportunity to show case her skills to the college coaches.

The 2nd hater is just a negative S.O.B. who pontificates without ever providing any facts just his "opinion" and it never changes regardless of how wrong he is proven to be he sticks to his guns no matter what.

The 3rd hater is obviously affiliated with a TA club and is desperate to disparage the ECNL going so far as to insist that they are getting watered down and claiming that the majority of the best players in the locations where they exist are not playing for those teams. He clings to the recruiting "history" he knows and ignores the changes that have occurred since the arrival of ECNL and the growing dominance of the ECNL on college rosters and the process in general. And of course he is an expert on the ECNL even though the only ECNL games he has ever watched were when WPFC plays Crossfire for the NWCL Championships in nearly every age group.

The 4th hater, who could also be the 3rd hater but it's hard to tell, completely ignores the value of practicing more against better players and playing better competition. He insists that wins are a measure of player development. He assumes that players skill sets are static and do not improve over the course of a season. I wonder what Landon Donovan would tell him about his days stashed on the Montana ODP team?

Oh well the haters are gonna hate regardless. A years history of talking about the ECNL practically guarantees they will attack me personally all the while failing to address any of the claims or facts presented because that's all they ever have!
    Angry Poster, you're back!

Comment

I can tell you are new to the conversation because if you had been following along since the Anti/Haters have geared up their attacks in May you would have had the chance to read hard facts about the number of ECNL players on the rosters of the top college programs and the dominance of ECNL players on the women's Jr. National Teams.

You would have also had a chance to read the first hand experience from multiple parents whose DD played ECNL with WPFC or Crossfire and learned about their experienced costs and the recruiting results of the 2013's, 2014's and 2015's where 80-90% of the players were offered college positions. (news flash the team websites are not always accurate).

You would have also seen detailed break downs on the cost of the trips requiring Airline flights compared to the sky is falling numbers thrown around by the haters.

You also would have had the chance to read detail breakdowns of the cost per game and cost per quality game of the ECNL 17's vs, the Academy.

You would have also read articles from college coaches who talk about the ECNL and how it is providing a opportunity for more ladies to play at a high level.

So while the post above did not cite the articles and cost breakdowns it was a summary of the previously published information about costs, game value and how the college recruiting and national team process looks today and how the landscape has changed in the last 5 years.

ALL of these things have been either ignored or dismissed by roughly 3 haters. Now its quite possible it could be just one hater but there seems to be three distinct writing styles of which who are TA centric. And yes there are one or more TROLLS who are here just to bait the ECNL supporters.
      OMG - I bet you are an absolute nightmare. PLEASE stay ecnl.

Comment

I can tell you are new to the conversation because if you had been following along since the Anti/Haters have geared up their attacks in May you would have had the chance to read hard facts about the number of ECNL players on the rosters of the top college programs and the dominance of ECNL players on the women's Jr. National Teams.

You would have also had a chance to read the first hand experience from multiple parents whose DD played ECNL with WPFC or Crossfire and learned about their experienced costs and the recruiting results of the 2013's, 2014's and 2015's where 80-90% of the players were offered college positions. (news flash the team websites are not always accurate).

You would have also seen detailed break downs on the cost of the trips requiring Airline flights compared to the sky is falling numbers thrown around by the haters.

You also would have had the chance to read detail breakdowns of the cost per game and cost per quality game of the ECNL 17's vs, the Academy.

You would have also read articles from college coaches who talk about the ECNL and how it is providing a opportunity for more ladies to play at a high level.

So while the post above did not cite the articles and cost breakdowns it was a summary of the previously published information about costs, game value and how the college recruiting and national team process looks today and how the landscape has changed in the last 5 years.

ALL of these things have been either ignored or dismissed by roughly 3 haters. Now its quite possible it could be just one hater but there seems to be three distinct writing styles of which who are TA centric. And yes there are one or more TROLLS who are here just to bait the ECNL supporters.
        It is true, many of the top players play ECNL. Too bad your dd isn't a top player, even though you are paying for her.

Comment

OMG - I bet you are an absolute nightmare. PLEASE stay ecnl.
          One year, tops. After that, some more players will migrate over and his dd won't be on the team any more.

Comment

Why would you expect them to even have an opinion? Either their DD is not that competitive of they don't have the scratch. I don't talk about the Lamborghini that I can't afford much either.

The really interesting thing about at least one of the haters is that he is holding his daughter out even though he can afford it because he thinks loosing will hurt her skill set and that being on a TA team is going to make her better and going to camps will provide a better opportunity to show case her skills to the college coaches.

The 2nd hater is just a negative S.O.B. who pontificates without ever providing any facts just his "opinion" and it never changes regardless of how wrong he is proven to be he sticks to his guns no matter what.

The 3rd hater is obviously affiliated with a TA club and is desperate to disparage the ECNL going so far as to insist that they are getting watered down and claiming that the majority of the best players in the locations where they exist are not playing for those teams. He clings to the recruiting "history" he knows and ignores the changes that have occurred since the arrival of ECNL and the growing dominance of the ECNL on college rosters and the process in general. And of course he is an expert on the ECNL even though the only ECNL games he has ever watched were when WPFC plays Crossfire for the NWCL Championships in nearly every age group.

The 4th hater, who could also be the 3rd hater but it's hard to tell, completely ignores the value of practicing more against better players and playing better competition. He insists that wins are a measure of player development. He assumes that players skill sets are static and do not improve over the course of a season. I wonder what Landon Donovan would tell him about his days stashed on the Montana ODP team?

Oh well the haters are gonna hate regardless. A years history of talking about the ECNL practically guarantees they will attack me personally all the while failing to address any of the claims or facts presented because that's all they ever have!
            You left me out. I'm so disappointed.

Comment

Having two ECNL teams and a thorns academy will really water down the talent levels.

Losing a lot of games at ECNL doesn't have to be a bad thing. It can be a real world lesson on how to keep composure under hard times.

There's a good chance that if you want to travel with your dd, you could spend $12000 per year on ECNL.
              Sadly you are spot on.

Comment

Actually I am sadly aware of all of the back and forth. My question was aimed directly at you, and directly at your post calling out others for "failing to address any of the claims or facts presented because that's all they ever have!" Where did you present any new claims or facts? You had no response to any of the issues, so instead you just tried to imply statements about the characters of folks you have never met…Real classy.

Comment

Actually I am sadly aware of all of the back and forth. My question was aimed directly at you, and directly at your post calling out others for "failing to address any of the claims or facts presented because that's all they ever have!" Where did you present any new claims or facts? You had no response to any of the issues, so instead you just tried to imply statements about the characters of folks you have never met…Real classy.
                  Mistake number one is to try to have a reasonable conversation with Angry Poster. The nasty o grams AP leaves all over this forum have led to a lot of people flinging "mud" back at AP so then AP gets defensive and ratchets up the nasty o grams.

If everyone toned it down, meaning stop responding to the bait, they would find that the mud slinging would subside.

AP - If you just stopped, no matter how strongly you think you are right, you would see a dramatic ramping down of the chatter for and against. Your defensive and angry responses will get a reply every time.

Comment

Mistake number one is to try to have a reasonable conversation with Angry Poster. The nasty o grams AP leaves all over this forum have led to a lot of people flinging "mud" back at AP so then AP gets defensive and ratchets up the nasty o grams.

If everyone toned it down, meaning stop responding to the bait, they would find that the mud slinging would subside.

AP - If you just stopped, no matter how strongly you think you are right, you would see a dramatic ramping down of the chatter for and against. Your defensive and angry responses will get a reply every time.
                    We ECNL parents are paying a lot of money and for some of you to come on here and take away out happiness is really irritating. I want to be excited about all of this and it's getting taken away from me. How can anyone not be angry?

Comment

We ECNL parents are paying a lot of money and for some of you to come on here and take away out happiness is really irritating. I want to be excited about all of this and it's getting taken away from me. How can anyone not be angry?
                      I am new here. What is the alternative to ECNL for girls?

Comment

This is pure comedic gold!

Comment

Having two ECNL teams and a thorns academy will really water down the talent levels.

Losing a lot of games at ECNL doesn't have to be a bad thing. It can be a real world lesson on how to keep composure under hard times.

There's a good chance that if you want to travel with your dd, you could spend $12000 per year on ECNL.
                          All this is doing is weakening teams in the area by spreading out all the talent. It's pretty disappointing.

Comment

All this is doing is weakening teams in the area by spreading out all the talent. It's pretty disappointing.
                            They will have to wrestle with each other for a couple of years to see who comes out on top. The Thorns will have a lot of resources behind them - professional organization with a lot of money. The two ECNL teams will compete to divide up what probably would be one strong team into two teams.

In the end, we will probably wind up with one ECNL team competing against the Thorns Academy. Who know who prevails.

Comment

They will have to wrestle with each other for a couple of years to see who comes out on top. The Thorns will have a lot of resources behind them - professional organization with a lot of money. The two ECNL teams will compete to divide up what probably would be one strong team into two teams.

In the end, we will probably wind up with one ECNL team competing against the Thorns Academy. Who know who prevails.
                              If they would have went with just one team to start with the success level would have been a lot higher and would have avoided the early challenges.

Comment

ECNL will never compete with the Thorns because they don't have a league to play in.

The angst against ECNL is because the Timbers and TA can't compete with the ECNL. They aren't in it and can't get in. This is why we see all this propaganda against the ECNL and local ECNL clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X