Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Give the hyperbole a rest dad. We know you are proud of your dd.
    Call it what you want but you know it's true.

Comment

Call it what you want but you know it's true.
      So which do you want, a medal or a chest to pin it on?

And you do know that the rosters are all posted, so it's not really difficult to pick up who you are. I'm sure your fellow parents can figure it out fairly quickly.

Comment

I think that's what most parents want. The comment was more directed to the guy who doesn't think that Oregon players go to top programs, which by the way are programs he designates as top. As for me, and likely most parents, I'd trade Dartmouth for FSU any time. I don't care if FSU could beat them 6-0, I care about the diploma. That said, an education from FSU is pretty good and is nothing to sneeze at.
        Agreed. Dartmouth it would be.

Comment

Agreed. Dartmouth it would be.
          A former girl who played with my dd a number of years ago is going to play at Dartmouth. Of course her parents couldn't be happier. I think my dd needs a little more city than what Hanover offers, but I think her former teammate will fit in great.

Comment

A former girl who played with my dd a number of years ago is going to play at Dartmouth. Of course her parents couldn't be happier. I think my dd needs a little more city than what Hanover offers, but I think her former teammate will fit in great.
            Good for her! My dd's team mate (older) on her H.S. and plays club (FCP) is going to Cornell. Not a 'hot bed' for soccer, but who cares? Same her parent are thrilled. Soccer is just the icing.

Comment

Good for her! My dd's team mate (older) on her H.S. and plays club (FCP) is going to Cornell. Not a 'hot bed' for soccer, but who cares? Same her parent are thrilled. Soccer is just the icing.
              Ithaca, Hanover, same town, different states. Ha.

Good for her. It's still D1 soccer and she will play Big 10, ACC, ... schools during the OOC part of her schedule so while she might not be playing in the tourny, she's still going to play great teams from time to time. Playing soccer and staying up with the rigors of an Ivy education will be a solid challenge.

Comment

Ithaca, Hanover, same town, different states. Ha.

Good for her. It's still D1 soccer and she will play Big 10, ACC, ... schools during the OOC part of her schedule so while she might not be playing in the tourny, she's still going to play great teams from time to time. Playing soccer and staying up with the rigors of an Ivy education will be a solid challenge.
                We are very much in agreement.

Comment

And you do know that the rosters are all posted, so it's not really difficult to pick up who you are. I'm sure your fellow parents can figure it out fairly quickly.
                  Probably not. They're not nearly as smart as you are...

Comment

Probably not. They're not nearly as smart as you are...
                    Actually, they already have you pegged. Note the body language next time you are around them.

Comment

Actually, they already have you pegged. Note the body language next time you are around them.
                      Could be a while as my DD isn't on either U14 ECNL team...

Comment

Could be a while as my DD isn't on either U14 ECNL team...
                        Ummmmmmm, right. Nice try to deflect.

Comment

My daughter, but I'm not that poster either.

Comment

I have one.

Comment

I have a dd on an ECNL team and they are doing just fine, thank you very much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X