Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls 00

How goes the start of the Fall season? Any early predictions or games folks want to highlight?

Can't wait till these young ladies start the HS adventure next year!

I'll bite.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How goes the start of the Fall season? Any early predictions or games folks want to highlight?

Can't wait till these young ladies start the HS adventure next year!
    ETFC is the best team in OYSA and will win the Premier division.
    FCSC is the best team in the OPL and will win the National Premier division
    FCP ECNL is the best team overall at this age in the state and SW WA. They should win out in NWCL and make it to the Semi finals. They will do above average in ECNL.

H.S. soccer is a let down. Unless your dd is one of the better players on one of the better teams, she will not be on the varsity team. Unless your dd is on one of the better 6A H.S. teams, the quality of play drops pretty significantly. The parents that don't know anything about the sport show up again and yell way to loudly.

Comment

FCP ECNL is the best team overall at this age in the state and SW WA. They should win out in NWCL and make it to the Semi finals. They will do above average in ECNL.

H.S. soccer is a let down. Unless your dd is one of the better players on one of the better teams, she will not be on the varsity team. Unless your dd is on one of the better 6A H.S. teams, the quality of play drops pretty significantly. The parents that don't know anything about the sport show up again and yell way to loudly.
      I agree with every word of this post.

Comment

I agree with every word of this post.
        I think it is important for these ladies to play in HS. The parents need to stay out of it! Playing for your HS is about helping your HS be better. We have two Club players start of the year grumbling when they played but by the end of the season they were reminded that soccer is a game and playing is part of the fun. Our oldest only played when comfortable we had a coach that understood the big picture, which is important. She played about 50-60mins a game the tough had some tough years but it helped with her big picture understanding of sports.

Comment

I think it is important for these ladies to play in HS. The parents need to stay out of it! Playing for your HS is about helping your HS be better. We have two Club players start of the year grumbling when they played but by the end of the season they were reminded that soccer is a game and playing is part of the fun. Our oldest only played when comfortable we had a coach that understood the big picture, which is important. She played about 50-60mins a game the tough had some tough years but it helped with her big picture understanding of sports.
          I get what you are saying.

But realistically I was correct.

If your dd want's a shot at playing varsity for a 5A/6A high school she will need to be playing premier level competitive soccer coming into high school. Even then, if two girls are equal, they will take the older one. If she is not on that track, just plan on her playing J.V. (II) or on the frosh team.

The bigger 6A/5A schools are basically all club quality players. But the lessor 5A/6A H.S.'s or the small divisions and there is a drop off in quality. That's where you will see girls that played a year or two of club or the athletic girl that hasn't played much. They will have a bad touch, make bad decisions, etc. Many girls coming in from club to H.S. are coming from pretty well oiled machines and thus, it's a let down and frustrating. Sometimes it's just down right ugly.

With all that said, playing H.S. does give opportunity to learn life lessons, make new friends and play with old ones. But mostly it's fun to compete/represent your school. There is nothing wrong with that.

I have a dd in a year older then this thread is discussing, that was playing relatively high level competitive soccer and made her varsity team. These are just my observations. Oh, and remember the parents at U11? Yelling about every call arguing with the people sitting next to them about which way a crummy throw in should be called. Well, they come back. I'm sure that's dependent on the H.S. though.

Comment

I hope you bought a lottery ticket, you're a prophet.

Comment

Agreed. 2 out 3 wasn't too bad

Comment

FCP ECNL gets beat by average Idaho and Utah ECNL teams this weekend.

Comment

FCP ECNL gets beat by average Idaho and Utah ECNL teams this weekend.
                  If this is true, what does that say about the best non ECNL team around here, FCSC, which lost to FCP ECNL 4-0?

Comment

If this is true, what does that say about the best non ECNL team around here, FCSC, which lost to FCP ECNL 4-0?
                    Or the NPL nationwide for that matter, let alone all those local teams FCSC was beating on a regular basis.

Comment

Or the NPL nationwide for that matter, let alone all those local teams FCSC was beating on a regular basis.
                      I just looked at the results of NPL nationals ....FCSC beat Michigan Hawks....Hawks are top 3 in the country.....they are a quality club that consistently put out top teams.
                      It's good for fcpdx....it makes them look strong also.
                      I would bet FCPDX caught FCSC on a tired weekend ....didn't FCSC do surf also? Tired legs by the time the first leg came around. FCPDX had fresh legs and minds

Comment

I just looked at the results of NPL nationals ....FCSC beat Michigan Hawks....Hawks are top 3 in the country.....they are a quality club that consistently put out top teams.
                        I would bet FCPDX caught FCSC on a tired weekend ....didn't FCSC do surf also? Tired legs by the time the first leg came around. FCPDX had fresh legs and minds
                        Excuses. Were their legs tired again 6 weeks later when they lost to Washington Rush? Tired of chasing long balls from the back line maybe...

Comment

Same weekend even, they were flying back and forth between matches. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X