Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Vancouver Timbers ever Grow UP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    bottomline is numbers and gross sales are up from last year. That is all that matters.

Vantucky will always lose top players with parents that think the grass is greener somewhere else.......it happens at every club.

Washington Timbers is the largest club in PDX. For them to be the largest club means having more drama and problems. Every club loses the same percentage of players each year.

You can't make everyone happy. There are always 10% of members that will be unhappy with what is going on, ALWAYS!

I understand that you are part of that 10% and I'm sure the Washington Timbers is sorry for your experience. Now move onto your second club this year and come back and let us know what your third club next year will be.

Regards,

PDX Soccer Junkie
    Your first paragraph says it all about W-T-F-c. The focus is soley on the bottom line: what keeps the regime getting paid. Yes sir/madam that about sums it all up. Glad we are not drinking the kool-aid anymore.

Comment

bottomline is numbers and gross sales are up from last year. That is all that matters.

Vantucky will always lose top players with parents that think the grass is greener somewhere else.......it happens at every club.

Washington Timbers is the largest club in PDX. For them to be the largest club means having more drama and problems. Every club loses the same percentage of players each year.

You can't make everyone happy. There are always 10% of members that will be unhappy with what is going on, ALWAYS!

I understand that you are part of that 10% and I'm sure the Washington Timbers is sorry for your experience. Now move onto your second club this year and come back and let us know what your third club next year will be.

Regards,

PDX Soccer Junkie
      The timbers should add their motto to their badge: "pay up", its great for our bottom line. That first paragraph succinctly says it all about W-T-F-c. It isn't about good soccer or player development. The bottom line..."that is all that matters".

Comment

Better product...good one

Dude- -state the club your with. Right now. You won't because you know we could make a ton of flammatory comments about your club. Say the name of the club your kids play for. You won't because you are a pathetic coward who only hates on those you are jealous of. I'm sorry the Timbers consistently put out a better product than your club, but C'mon, get over it...
        The club is irrelevant to the POINT you just don't "get"! The point I was making is that it takes a group of parents getting involved to turn things around. If I mentioned the club yes it would get flamed but lets just say that is a top club flourishing financially (which was the problem) in our market placing many girls at the next level.

When your "product requires practice and games at Harmony you are not putting out the product that your customers deserve. When you allow one or two parents to run off a successful coach and you bring in one with very questionable morals you are not putting out a good product.

Like the OP asked "When is VT going to grow up?" I think the answer is when parents like you age out they "might" have a chance...maaaaybe!

Comment

Team Organizing

I'm interested. What are you asking people to do, exactly? Attend a meeting?

What is the leverage, exactly, that someone can have on the Timbers staff? We are talking about people who are paid to maintain status quo so what influence does a volunteer have?

I'm asking sincerely because I don't understand how the club is set up, who the DOCs answer to, etc. Hope not to get flippant responses from people.......
          If VT was a professional organization they would have a customer satisfaction survey with a list of improvement that the customers would like to see so they could prioritize them.

Since that is not happening a group of parents need to do that with each team premier at to communicate the desires of the customers to the leadership.

I DK how your Board is selected but parent numbers speak loudly and if the majority of teams are coming to the board with the same list of demands you normally get some of them met or at least a plan developed to get them accomplished in an identified time frame with identified funding mechanisms.

Take the Harmony situation specifically. Has the leadership polled the membership in the past year about how much additional money they would be willing to pay if it was dedicated to completing the project. Did that polling give a range of options like $20, $30 or $40 more per month to get the turf installed and or an additional field lighted?

A professional club with their own facility should have a Capital Improvement Plan, a line item in the annual fee structure for funding said improvements and a time line to be held accountable for.

Comment

The club is irrelevant to the POINT you just don't "get"! The point I was making is that it takes a group of parents getting involved to turn things around. If I mentioned the club yes it would get flamed but lets just say that is a top club flourishing financially (which was the problem) in our market placing many girls at the next level.

When your "product requires practice and games at Harmony you are not putting out the product that your customers deserve. When you allow one or two parents to run off a successful coach and you bring in one with very questionable morals you are not putting out a good product.

Like the OP asked "When is VT going to grow up?" I think the answer is when parents like you age out they "might" have a chance...maaaaybe!
            You're missing the point!

The parents vote with their checkbooks and where they play their kids. And the talley unequivocally show the club is growing in size. and therefore, ,although maybe not 100% happy with every aspect of their club, the VAST majority are happy where they're at and are staying.

Let's not even start with the success many of this clubs advanced comp teams have had in Oregon and Washington and at regional and national tournaments. Or the rec teams have had in WA State rec tourneys. Or talk about the player development that has led many players to Nat'l team camp and college opportunities. Or the 100's of thousands in scholarship dollars that have been awarded to needy families to allow their kids to play at a high level. Or the fact that this financially stable club just wrote a check for $200k to purchase turf that they will use to provide the first club owned turf fields in the Metro area.

Now tell me your club and I'll point out a dozen things wrong with it and point out numerous examples of kids leaving.

THE POINT is, is the issues with this club are the same issues at OTHER CLUBS. You've just chosen to pick on this club as you have a biased hatred of them for some reason.

That's THE point, my friend.

Comment

The parents vote with their checkbooks and where they play their kids. And the talley unequivocally show the club is growing in size. and therefore, ,although maybe not 100% happy with every aspect of their club, the VAST majority are happy where they're at and are staying.

Let's not even start with the success many of this clubs advanced comp teams have had in Oregon and Washington and at regional and national tournaments. Or the rec teams have had in WA State rec tourneys. Or talk about the player development that has led many players to Nat'l team camp and college opportunities. Or the 100's of thousands in scholarship dollars that have been awarded to needy families to allow their kids to play at a high level. Or the fact that this financially stable club just wrote a check for $200k to purchase turf that they will use to provide the first club owned turf fields in the Metro area.

Now tell me your club and I'll point out a dozen things wrong with it and point out numerous examples of kids leaving.

THE POINT is, is the issues with this club are the same issues at OTHER CLUBS. You've just chosen to pick on this club as you have a biased hatred of them for some reason.

Can we get a timeline on that "first club owned turf fields in the Metro are"?

Comment

Please, pretty please

we need more threads about this subject. These are, without a doubt, some of the most entertaining on TS. You have to love the way that the Vantucky people go after each other.

Comment

we need more threads about this subject. These are, without a doubt, some of the most entertaining on TS. You have to love the way that the Vantucky people go after each other.
                  Almost as comedy as the FCP and CU ECNL backers. Them dudes are kooks.

Comment

I don't get why you have this attitude. Why is it either LOVE IT or LEAVE IT? Why can't someone like Timbers, want to stay at Timbers and work to improve the things that are lacking?

Don't be so defensive. This is your club and it is my club too. There are things that other people bring up, like the turf, like the coaching, etc., that DO need something done about them. Because someone brings them up, you take it like an attack? Not a good attitude.

I'd like to know how to provide input and solutions to the club but there doesn't appear to be a clear cut way to do that. Like the other guy wrote, I wish the club would solicit feedback (and then of course, actually commit to improve)

Comment

Your first paragraph says it all about W-T-F-c. The focus is soley on the bottom line: what keeps the regime getting paid. Yes sir/madam that about sums it all up. Glad we are not drinking the kool-aid anymore.
                      I can't speak solely for Washington Timbers poster before you but I can see where they are coming from.

what the poster is trying to say is that you can't make everyone happy, no matter what you do. In this industry it is generally the crazy parent that takes their kid to multiple clubs within the 7-8 years their child plays always complaining about the club they left.

It's ok to lose 40 players each year. If those 40 players don't like what the club is doing they leave for something else.

Good news for FCSC, THUSC, Washington Timbers, BSC and all of the other clubs >>>>
                      numbers don't change at all. Even with ECNL non of the clubs took a big hit, the same players from the same clubs stayed.....90% no change at all.

Having a problem with the Washington Timbers means you have a problem with how all clubs are run which would include the club my DD plays for.....I might add that the problems you b!tch about are the same problems that my club has also.

Comment

Stop deflecting take responsibility for your club

The question is not about other clubs it is about VT. You have made promises over the years and not kept them. It is immaterial what size you are. It matters how you are treating your captive market. Continuing to break promises put ALL those customers at risk of a mass exodus that does not need to happen with some simple planning and professionalism.

Harmony presents an awesome opportunity to provide a superior club controlled facility however in it's current and seasonal condition it is a dangerous place to play that "should" be an embarrassment to the largest club in Vancouver. Seriously grow a thinker skin, take some constructive criticism and GROW UP.

Comment

Doesn't Washington timbers charge like $1,050 to play?
                          That's cheap compared to my dd at 1450....most clubs are 1400+
                          I guess you get what you pay for

Comment

If VT was a professional organization they would have a customer satisfaction survey with a list of improvement that the customers would like to see so they could prioritize them.

Since that is not happening a group of parents need to do that with each team premier at to communicate the desires of the customers to the leadership.

I DK how your Board is selected but parent numbers speak loudly and if the majority of teams are coming to the board with the same list of demands you normally get some of them met or at least a plan developed to get them accomplished in an identified time frame with identified funding mechanisms.

Take the Harmony situation specifically. Has the leadership polled the membership in the past year about how much additional money they would be willing to pay if it was dedicated to completing the project. Did that polling give a range of options like $20, $30 or $40 more per month to get the turf installed and or an additional field lighted?

A professional club with their own facility should have a Capital Improvement Plan, a line item in the annual fee structure for funding said improvements and a time line to be held accountable for.
                            I've done a survey the last five years in a row

Comment

I don't get why you have this attitude. Why is it either LOVE IT or LEAVE IT? Why can't someone like Timbers, want to stay at Timbers and work to improve the things that are lacking?

Don't be so defensive. This is your club and it is my club too. There are things that other people bring up, like the turf, like the coaching, etc., that DO need something done about them. Because someone brings them up, you take it like an attack? Not a good attitude.

I'd like to know how to provide input and solutions to the club but there doesn't appear to be a clear cut way to do that. Like the other guy wrote, I wish the club would solicit feedback (and then of course, actually commit to improve)
                              I have a clear way.....if they are charging $1050 like someone said earlier they need to start by charging more so they can get the turf going and pay for better coaching
                              $1050 is too cheap

Comment

The question is not about other clubs it is about VT. You have made promises over the years and not kept them. It is immaterial what size you are. It matters how you are treating your captive market. Continuing to break promises put ALL those customers at risk of a mass exodus that does not need to happen with some simple planning and professionalism.

Harmony presents an awesome opportunity to provide a superior club controlled facility however in it's current and seasonal condition it is a dangerous place to play that "should" be an embarrassment to the largest club in Vancouver. Seriously grow a thinker skin, take some constructive criticism and GROW UP.
                                Apparently you haven't been to harmony lately.....we scrimmaged a VT team last week and if was in awesome shape!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X