Girls 00 Rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No other '00 team can offer what Tina's FCSC team can. If your kid is on '00 Nemisis, they should stay and not do Thorns. If your player is on any other '00 team, they should do Thorns or ECNL if they can. Seems simple and not bs to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No other '00 team can offer what Tina's FCSC team can. If your kid is on '00 Nemisis, they should stay and not do Thorns. If your player is on any other '00 team, they should do Thorns or ECNL if they can. Seems simple and not bs to me.
      I can think of plenty of '00 teams that can offer what Thorns Academy offers - OYSA league 2nd place finish, Far West mid pack finish, and getting turned down for Surf. No question Nemesis offers more than that. But how can TE with a clear conscience tell girls from other teams that Thorns Academy is a better product than their club teams?

Comment

15 or so games in FWRL and National League is certainly a lot better than playing OYSA with Thorns Academy
        Duh....it's better than doing ECNL

Comment

I can think of plenty of '00 teams that can offer what Thorns Academy offers - OYSA league 2nd place finish, Far West mid pack finish, and getting turned down for Surf. No question Nemesis offers more than that. But how can TE with a clear conscience tell girls from other teams that Thorns Academy is a better product than their club teams?
          Thorns doesn't have a U15 team. Quit smoking crack

Comment

This is a big deal and good for them. What I keep wondering is why no Thorns Academy parents are questioning Tina for keeping her Nemesis team together and not having any of them or her own kids do Thorns Academy. The "elite" opportunity in the state isn't good enough for her kids or her team? That speaks volumes to me. And before you start bashing I'm not an ECNL parent. My kid won't do TA or ECNL - we can't afford it and she has other interests and doesn't want to give everything else up for soccer. I just like to call BS when I see/smell it.
            I think the Nemesis parents have decided to stay with FCSC to play on age. There is no need to play a year up at U16 on the Thorns.

Comment

Thorns doesn't have a U15 team. Quit smoking crack
              No they have a "u16" team full of u15's and 14's because they couldn't fill a u16 roster. But somehow that team will knock off two time state cup champ Eugene and make a run in Far West? And qualify for Surf? I'm not smoking crack...but some Thorns Academy parents might be.

Comment

Duh....it's better than doing ECNL
                It's not but its OK if you want to think it is.

Comment

No they have a "u16" team full of u15's and 14's because they couldn't fill a u16 roster. But somehow that team will knock off two time state cup champ Eugene and make a run in Far West? And qualify for Surf? I'm not smoking crack...but some Thorns Academy parents might be.
                  No. But, if Thorns Academy worked as planned and the u16 Thorns Academy team was comprised of top u16 players from the various TA and non-TA clubs, THEN they would knock off Eugene and make a run in FWRL & get accepted to SURF. With ECNL starting up the same time as Thorns Academy and Timbers Alliance teams discouraging their players from going to Thorns Academy, the Thorns Academy hasn't quite taken off yet. Perhaps the shake up going to birth year will entice some kids over to Thorns Academy. The Thorns Academy needs to figure out a way to entice more top players over.

Comment

No. But, if Thorns Academy worked as planned and the u16 Thorns Academy team was comprised of top u16 players from the various TA and non-TA clubs, THEN they would knock off Eugene and make a run in FWRL & get accepted to SURF. With ECNL starting up the same time as Thorns Academy and Timbers Alliance teams discouraging their players from going to Thorns Academy, the Thorns Academy hasn't quite taken off yet. Perhaps the shake up going to birth year will entice some kids over to Thorns Academy. The Thorns Academy needs to figure out a way to entice more top players over.

err....With the Thorns Academy starting up in response to the ECNL coming to Oregon...

Comment

This is a big deal and good for them. What I keep wondering is why no Thorns Academy parents are questioning Tina for keeping her Nemesis team together and not having any of them or her own kids do Thorns Academy. The "elite" opportunity in the state isn't good enough for her kids or her team? That speaks volumes to me. And before you start bashing I'm not an ECNL parent. My kid won't do TA or ECNL - we can't afford it and she has other interests and doesn't want to give everything else up for soccer. I just like to call BS when I see/smell it.
                      It's strictly because Tina (and Joe) can't afford to lose the income from that group of girls. And if they lose what little noteriety that teams brings the club, they'd be done for sure.

Comment

Why would Thorns Academy parents have any say on what Tina does with her Nemesis team?

Comment

It's strictly because Tina (and Joe) can't afford to lose the income from that group of girls. And if they lose what little noteriety that teams brings the club, they'd be done for sure.
                          let's be realistic. FCSC has one team in the entire club. the '00's are good.
                          other than that they don't have anything.

We've been told by Joe F that he will be coming by to run practices like he promised at the beginning of the season. we haven't seen him at all. FCSC should combine with Pacific or the Timbers. I wish they would combine with the Timbers. If they run their club like they run the RTC for my DD FCSC would be stupid not to even approach Timbers

Comment

ECNL was here first. The Torns, were a knee jerk reaction to ECNL coming to town. That's why the 'torns' are a cluster F.

Comment

ECNL was here first. The Torns, were a knee jerk reaction to ECNL coming to town. That's why the 'torns' are a cluster F.
                              A couple of things that you are all getting wrong.

ECNL was not here first. The Thorns, although unorganized, we're here first.
                              Secondly, the Thorns are an entirely different animal than ECNL. ECNL is a league and is built for competition. It's your typical American sports model where they build competitive leagues for athletes that are not ready to compete yet.
                              The Thorns are there for training and training only.

Comment

A couple of things that you are all getting wrong.

ECNL was not here first. The Thorns, although unorganized, we're here first.
                                Secondly, the Thorns are an entirely different animal than ECNL. ECNL is a league and is built for competition. It's your typical American sports model where they build competitive leagues for athletes that are not ready to compete yet.
                                The Thorns are there for training and training only.
                                That's good because the Thorns certainly aren't competitive.

And ECNL was first to announce. Thorns announced the Academy shortly after ECNL was announced. Even if the Academy was in the planning stages for years beforehand (it wasn't), don't you think that ECNL was being planned well beforehand too?

Doesn't matter anyway. After just one year it's very clear that the ECNL model is the preferred model for elite player development AND competition. The Thorns Academy model is just a rehash of ODP but with even worse training and competition. Ask yourself why almost no girls returned to Thorns Academy after year 1...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X