Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Vancouver Timbers ever Grow UP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP about Timbers and 1600.00 a year. WHATS TURF? We have never seen any of that except when we play other teams.
    Been to Harmony lately? Turf is that stuff that's rolled up sitting in the parking lot, never to be installed. Mud, on the other hand, is what covers 90% of every field there right now.

Comment

Been to Harmony lately? Turf is that stuff that's rolled up sitting in the parking lot, never to be installed. Mud, on the other hand, is what covers 90% of every field there right now.
      Latest and greatest on the Harmony Turf Field Fiasco.

Plan is now for 2, not 3, lighted turf fields. Total project cost to be $1.8M. Club has sunk over $400K into rolls of turf and other "improvements" to the fields at Harmony. They have secured $650K in loans for the lights (from Wash Youth Soccer) and some of the installation. They are "hopeful" of securing a further $600K loan in the next few weeks/months. That still leaves them $150K short which will likely come from a $100+ fee increase next spring. Very tentative time line is now to start installation in late spring/early summer of 2015.

Going into debt to the tune of $1.25M is a far cry from the original statement that the fields would only be built once all of the funding had been raised through sponsorships, advertising, etc.

Stay tuned for further developments, or not, next year...

Comment

Perpetual failure

Plan is now for 2, not 3, lighted turf fields. Total project cost to be $1.8M. Club has sunk over $400K into rolls of turf and other "improvements" to the fields at Harmony. They have secured $650K in loans for the lights (from Wash Youth Soccer) and some of the installation. They are "hopeful" of securing a further $600K loan in the next few weeks/months. That still leaves them $150K short which will likely come from a $100+ fee increase next spring. Very tentative time line is now to start installation in late spring/early summer of 2015.

Going into debt to the tune of $1.25M is a far cry from the original statement that the fields would only be built once all of the funding had been raised through sponsorships, advertising, etc.

The guys on the board that have been failing for 5 years, now they have a NEW plan!

We'll see with the new hires where their head is.....possibly still up their a*&es.

However releasing the GM, because he was hard to work with, meaning he actually did something, seems to already complete this thought. Getting rid of someone because they don't fit into the *club culture* is highly unprofessional. To do it because they might be making folks look bad because they're actually getting something done borders on criminal.

I suspect if they take any loans they'll run the club directly into the ground.

Comment

To bad that you didn't enclude also that the club is giving the opportunity for people to join in on committees to help out in decision's being made. Instead you're trying to make this out as a negetive e-mail to all who belong to the club. They are asking for help and if you chose to not to then quit complaining you had a chance to make a difference.

Comment

To bad that you didn't enclude also that the club is giving the opportunity for people to join in on committees to help out in decision's being made. Instead you're trying to make this out as a negetive e-mail to all who belong to the club. They are asking for help and if you chose to not to then quit complaining you had a chance to make a difference.
            There is no "difference" to be made. WashT is bottom of the barrel and the barrel is rotten. Need to shut it down and start fresh with some real leadership, and that doesn't include you and your cronies.

Comment

I agree with this post. People constantly complain at my club also but never step up and ask to help.

I would think that this problem is amplified in vantucky county because of the whack job parents

Comment

Asking for help ~ Forming commitees

Yeah, more useless talk from someone to close to the decision making process. I know it's hard looking in the mirror and admitting that you've done nothing and only want to make half hearted efforts to reform the club.

Obviously when real change shows up, you fire him.

The board is full of blow-hards and poseurs, and apparently either too lazy or plain stupid to do the job they are supposed to do. The "we're asking for help," line works when you haven't already failed at trying to do the same things FOR FIVE YEARS!

Time for you to step aside or resign.

Comment

Yeah, more useless talk from someone to close to the decision making process. I know it's hard looking in the mirror and admitting that you've done nothing and only want to make half hearted efforts to reform the club.

The board is full of blow-hards and poseurs, and apparently either too lazy or plain stupid to do the job they are supposed to do. The "we're asking for help," line works when you haven't already failed at trying to do the same things FOR FIVE YEARS!

I'm sure board members would love to step aside. Question is, would you step into the role and fill the spot?

More than likely not, you sound like the person that b!tches about everything no matter where you are

Comment

I'm sure board members would love to step aside. Question is, would you step into the role and fill the spot?

More than likely not, you sound like the person that b!tches about everything no matter where you are
                    If all the Board members stepped aside I am sure others to include myself would step up if had opportunity. The problem is they won't. If serious about reform then Board members should not be allowed to serve more the 2 years. This is what is done in many State agencies so things change.

Comment

As for myself I couldn't be any further from being close to the decision making. I was just merely including the info that was left out. From the sounds of it you must care about the derection of club by the way you talk about people getting fired. So here's your Chance to step up instead of trying to tear up a youth sports program . Look in the mirror and ask yourself why am I so negative, why do I follow? Maybe than you'll Grow UP

Comment

If all the Board members stepped aside I am sure others to include myself would step up if had opportunity. The problem is they won't. If serious about reform then Board members should not be allowed to serve more the 2 years. This is what is done in many State agencies so things change.
                        Sounds like someone hasn't done their homework before opening the giant hole in their face. Every year I have seen new blood join the board while others leave and I am just a member that is observant. All it takes is actually doing a little actual research.

I guess you like to spout your trap without any actual knowledge. I know whiny beotches like you. Unfortunately, you are everywhere. Luckily there are others who actually roll up their sleeves and work rather than sit around and complain like a 3 year old child.

You are either unemployed or at most, a follower that gets bossed around all day. So obvious.

Comment

Sounds like someone hasn't done their homework before opening the giant hole in their face. Every year I have seen new blood join the board while others leave and I am just a member that is observant. All it takes is actually doing a little actual research.

I guess you like to spout your trap without any actual knowledge. I know whiny beotches like you. Unfortunately, you are everywhere. Luckily there are others who actually roll up their sleeves and work rather than sit around and complain like a 3 year old child.

You are either unemployed or at most, a follower that gets bossed around all day. So obvious.
                          Too bad that those who "roll up their sleeves and work" doesn't include the GM or DoCs.

Comment

Every year communications are sent out....I recieved one each of the last two years.
                            It states that if you know or want to be aboard member to please contact the club

You need to call the club tomorrow and let them know you're interested. There are spots open right now I'm sure of it.

Please get back with us and let us know how that goes tomorrow.

Comment

Every year communications are sent out....I recieved one each of the last two years.
                              It states that if you know or want to be aboard member to please contact the club

You need to call the club tomorrow and let them know you're interested. There are spots open right now I'm sure of it.

Please get back with us and let us know how that goes tomorrow.
                              AGM isn't usually until June. They'd have to call a special general meeting to elect new board members, per their own bylaws.

Comment

AGM isn't usually until June. They'd have to call a special general meeting to elect new board members, per their own bylaws.
                                I'm sure you're right....if you are the one on here that wants to help out then contact the club....otherwise quit your b!tching

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X