Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    on the boys side the Westside Timbers are pretty consistently competitive.
    The dilution of the brand to include teams all across the state as Timbers Alliance teams does mean that many boys Timbers teams are not competitive, though. Outside of Westside it's hit or miss by age.
    This is true. I am the person who said the Timbers teams were competitive. I think that Westside and Eastside are usually competitive. Eastside is the leader at this time in U13. River plate (name?) is good at U13 too , they play both leagues as well.

Comment

For U13B or U14B Is the better competition with OPL or OYSA in the PTT league?
      OPL is limited on teams in the U13B. NPL only has 6 teams competing, and they didn't have enough teams to do all divisions so they combined what used to be 2nd and 3rd in to one and 1st and Premier into one. OYSA at least offers 4 tiers of competition at that age.

Comment

OPL club "A" teams are going to be very good, they just don't play in the OPL league. The league is intended for "B" and "C" teams at U14 and up. Not sure what the intention of OYSA league is...
        Sorry my head is spinning trying to understand your comment...I think you are trying to say ECNL teams are OPL's A teams but they won't play in the OPL league...is that correct?

If so, who cares? The question was about OPL league vs OYSA league. So from U14 up the only league OPL has is B and C teams? Again correct me if I misunderstand.

So my 2 cents... Looking at OPL's fall league they had less than 100 teams from u11-14 boys and girls. 54% of those are either FC or Crossfire United. By the posters admission above only B sides or less will play in OPL winter league. It sounds like a league of also rans. Not sure what will happen with NPL and OPL cup but I assume with the drop in quality all of those will go away.

Really I see no reason anyone would stay with OPL.

Comment

Sorry my head is spinning trying to understand your comment...I think you are trying to say ECNL teams are OPL's A teams but they won't play in the OPL league...is that correct?

If so, who cares? The question was about OPL league vs OYSA league. So from U14 up the only league OPL has is B and C teams? Again correct me if I misunderstand.

So my 2 cents... Looking at OPL's fall league they had less than 100 teams from u11-14 boys and girls. 54% of those are either FC or Crossfire United. By the posters admission above only B sides or less will play in OPL winter league. It sounds like a league of also rans. Not sure what will happen with NPL and OPL cup but I assume with the drop in quality all of those will go away.

On the boys i have no opinion, on the girls' side you must assume the best of both leagues will get syphoned off by ECNL or Academy efforts... leaving both second tier leagues. If you want to argue about who has the better diluted leagues be my guest, but it seems a waste of time.

Comment

On the girls side at least there is no need for the OPL league to compete with OYSA. It's purpose is as a B team league for the big clubs along with the A teams from the smaller clubs. I think OYSA's plan is similar with the best girls going to the Academy. So what you have left are really two B team leagues that don't need to compete with each other to be successful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X