Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is where the intelligence of OPL folks always comes into question. Yes there are multiple clubs that play under the name Timbers. These are still different clubs, different coaching styles etc… That is very different than playing the a-e teams of one club.

And I guess the ultimate statement is the league fees. You get what you pay for.
    No different from Crossfire, I think that was the point. We all understand that TA is made up of multiple clubs, just like Crossfire.

Comment

This is where the intelligence of OPL folks always comes into question. Yes there are multiple clubs that play under the name Timbers. These are still different clubs, different coaching styles etc… That is very different than playing the a-e teams of one club.

And I guess the ultimate statement is the league fees. You get what you pay for.
      The TA clubs might be separate but you can't tell by watching them play. Same kits, same style of over-the-top long ball to the big fast girl mixed in with pushing, shoving and elbows. From the outside looking in, they are all the same.

Comment

The TA clubs might be separate but you can't tell by watching them play. Same kits, same style of over-the-top long ball to the big fast girl mixed in with pushing, shoving and elbows. From the outside looking in, they are all the same.
        Cry me a river will ya ? If your kid cant run with the big dogs, they should stay on the porch.

Comment

And it is so much fun to be crossfires A team playing their B team or their C team…Lets have a home and way against our own club…That is what is known as a scrimmage not a league game. So if you want to spend your season playing glorified scrimmages OPL is the place for you.
          Good point. Why do that, when you can spend the night in a hotel, drive four hours for the same thing?

Comment

so I'm assuming that all of the OPL clubs gave a refund to their members since they did not have to pay for league fees?

Comment

fcpdx and crossfire Oregon boys will be going OYSA next year per DOC's at each club. How many more boys will make the move?

Comment

Originally posted by Marbull View Post
                Cry me a river will ya ? If your kid cant run with the big dogs, they should stay on the porch.
                In my kid's age group the TA clubs are far from the "big dogs". In fact, they can barely crawl out from under the dilapidated porch.

Comment

so I'm assuming that all of the OPL clubs gave a refund to their members since they did not have to pay for league fees?
                  I'm sure some did. Aren't you glad you got to pay extra so we could play for free? You can thank the Timbers for that.

Comment

Now I just spit coffee up thru my nose....dang that hurts

Comment

I'm sure some did. Aren't you glad you got to pay extra so we could play for free? You can thank the Timbers for that.
                      Hitting the hard stuff aren't you. Not so long ago OPL talked with great spite about how they kicked Westside and Eastside out of the OPL, but there was no money they could claim, so don't think of suing us…Now OPL says "oh since the Timbers walked we get to spend their money"

Please can you at least be consistent with your own internal story…If a business were run this way they would be considered highly unethical…but somehow Tom and Fraser and the bunch snow everyone within OPL to thinking it is OK.

Comment

PML made it 12 years and went away when OPL took over the same role.

PML was a great place for 3rd and 4th tiered teams that wanted to play local only. Sounds very similar when talking about OPL's structure. the OPL has a market, and they will make it because there are lot's of 3rd and 4th tiered teams that do not want to travel.

I'm sure OYSA looked at the PML and conceded that market to the OPL, it was a smart move.

conversely, there are 3rd and 4th Division teams that like to travel and that is where the OYSA leagues come in.

OPL and OYSA are different animals.

what... pml came about after opl.. prior to that it was just oysa and the state wide league

Comment

Try again

Hitting the hard stuff aren't you. Not so long ago OPL talked with great spite about how they kicked Westside and Eastside out of the OPL, but there was no money they could claim, so don't think of suing us…Now OPL says "oh since the Timbers walked we get to spend their money"

Please can you at least be consistent with your own internal story…If a business were run this way they would be considered highly unethical…but somehow Tom and Fraser and the bunch snow everyone within OPL to thinking it is OK.
                          Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.

In reality GW after leaving his first wife (OYSA) to take up with his girl friend (OPL) realized that she was not going to give him her money and let him call the shots the way he thought and when he asked his first wife if he came back if he could call the shots and have her money to spend (Timbers getting paid to run OYSA premier soccer) she said yes so he ABANDONED the girl friend. The girls friend did not kick him out she just took his name off the mail box. The Prenup they sign said if he left she got to keep all of the money so there is nothing illegal or even immoral about keeping the money they both earned while together.

Now to his consternation she has flourished and even grown (ECNL) without him. the fact that he is having to take custody of the Boys he had with the Girl Friend is his DUTY.

He should be glad he does not have to take custody of the girls because he is wholly unprepared to raise girls which is evident when you look at how the girls from his first wife have turned our!

Comment

In reality GW after leaving his first wife (OYSA) to take up with his girl friend (OPL) realized that she was not going to give him her money and let him call the shots the way he thought and when he asked his first wife if he came back if he could call the shots and have her money to spend (Timbers getting paid to run OYSA premier soccer) she said yes so he ABANDONED the girl friend. The girls friend did not kick him out she just took his name off the mail box. The Prenup they sign said if he left she got to keep all of the money so there is nothing illegal or even immoral about keeping the money they both earned while together.

Now to his consternation she has flourished and even grown (ECNL) without him. the fact that he is having to take custody of the Boys he had with the Girl Friend is his DUTY.

He should be glad he does not have to take custody of the girls because he is wholly unprepared to raise girls which is evident when you look at how the girls from his first wife have turned our!
                            Classic! Love it!!!

Comment

She may have flourished some, but by all accounts she has become pretty high maintenance, and maybe even a little trampy...

Comment

I think where I see some pushback is back before "he decided to return to his wife" there were discussions about the surplus that was being built up and the comment was made that it can't be spent unless it is for the good of all soccer. Now that he has left she seems to be using it to buy expensive boots and give her friends dope so they will hang out with her. Buying friends is not to the good of all soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X